Index:Page1,OS: Young Love (NI)-127,Our Miss Daggers(P)-125 - Page 91

Posted: 8 years ago

Hello , everyone, especially the young ladies who keep accusing of pairing up evergreen bachelor Abhijeet Well, here is one more, on the request of Deba di and Vis di, wrapping the flashback of

CID Flashback.Please do read and give your comments, for those who want a sequel for after Flashback ,feel free to PM me

The starting scene is from Flashback , CID episode , and the rest is sprouting from it.

Abhijeet:

I watch as Daya rips off a lady's purse and paper rustles through it , and takes out  a photo and letter. He looks at me in shock and accusatively , and certainly implying that Im going to be in trouble  very soon . And minutes later , there I am in the middle of a soup . There's a letter , to be precise , a love letter , and a photo , well, indicating and declaring my bachelorhood interrupted. The real trouble begins when I realise there is a big chunk of my life missing , and with a lot of it being emotions and relationships. And I will try my best to bring it back.

The Beginning - (Pre Flashback)

Survi:

It is an ardous walk from the St.Clare's Arts College to home , almost a tiring 4 kms. But it isn't all that tiring in this season , with all the pleasant winds and the occasionally glancing sun . Doing an Arts course in my college and now in my final year, the journey on this road would soon end. In the last kilometre of my walk , I pass the Indian Police Training Institute on the left , with it marvellous campus and its chivalrous men . It seems that they have a break too as many men march out in unison. I spot one of my distant cousins with a comrade.We smile in recognition and stop to catch a small talk. As I talk to him, my glance shifts to the person behind him. In all way , the tall, dark and handsome hero from my literature.He must have been aware of my glance , and he looks up to see his admirer. Obviously embarrassed by my own audaciousness, especially for a young woman of 70s, I looked down , blushing , and my cousin stopped talking noting my distracted self. He just turned back , and bent down and whispered "Abhijeet " in my ear. And then I knew the journey on this road would end nowhere in the near future.

In the following days, I walked home even slower, causing my parents to suspect something fishy happened. I never caught a glimpse of him, for almost a week. Something in the moment had drawn me to him, almost fatally. I knew nothing about him, except I felt I need know nothing but the point he existed, almost as a reincarnation of the God of Love, incidentally the one I was writing a thesis on as a part of my Greek Literature class. And then, I saw him.

It is not easy to think of a pretext to talk to a would-be-police officer, especially when he isn't as coquettish as an average Army man. I go past the giant banyan tree, and ask him if he knows where Sourabh, my brother is. He only nods his head, in a way that I frame as majestic. And then in a baritone that vibrates the strings of my heart, "He should be here soon". I stand there fumbling with the ends of  my dupatta, hoping my brother takes a long walk to the gate, but my hopes are soon shattered as he comes by in his long ,army strides , and says " Oh ! You were waiting for me " , with a sarcastic edge and grin that makes Abhijeet look up in amusement. "Oh so he smiles too, " I think to myself.

In a few days , my gentle brother turns to play cupid for both of us , inviting a friend of mine and myself to dine with him , and Abhijeet. We all take turns playing host , and my parents see nothing amiss as my brother proudly claims him as his best friend , possibly a person he's not acquainted well enough with. I notice the amusement is soon replaced by a mutual understanding, respect and a blossoming young love.

Soon , all the joys in the world were with me , for he was with me. My heart roared in delight as his bullet sped past in unexplored highways, my heart giggled and gurgled like a child , when he held my palm in his, clasping in it all the tiny joys of the world. His voice , crisp ,clear and resounding echoes forever in my ears , making me smile without a reason.

Narrator:

Young love blossoms as fast as a delicate, eternal flower, except it never fades. Night and day merge into one entity, brightening at the thought and sight of the other. Perhaps all exaggerated, yet for Survi and Abhijeet , the daily walks in the chill, and often air conditioned canopies would be frozen to cherish for a lifetime. Still as yet were clueless, Survi's parents .

Sourabh was invited to lunch a following week , and Survi sat in the room , playing a docile daughter , talking to Sourabh's sister. He mentioned to her parents that Rajini, his sister was soon to be engaged, and would be lovely , if they found a match for Survi. Her parents agreed that it was never too early and they had looked into the matter and were contemplating. Survi wondered if her brother had suddenly switched sides , and was trying to plunge her in neck deep unpleasantness. He continued in an emotional trauma , that his best friend, who his sister would be engaged to, would be arriving later this week. Survi turned to give a haughty look to Rajini and Sourabh , and walked out of the room, her chin thrown back defiantly and her parents staring in wonder at an enraged  daughter.

Next evening , Survi walked in a fierce stride to the manmade lake where she earlier on had a date. The place was dimly lit , and the cobble stones strummed under her heels. A faint scent of Rajnigandha still failed to calm her blind fury, as she thought of taunts to say to her love, who had betrayed her. She saw him at a distance on a bridge, looking out to a distance, at the flickering lights, and her heart still flipped over, fumbling her retorts. His hair danced merrily , with a life of its own  and his eyes brightened the dead darkness. He turned to her , clearing his throat in a distinguished manner , that often assists policemen throughout their lives. His voice rang out clear , cutting her thoughts like a guiding light in a storm , "Will you marry me ?" is all he said.

Survi felt at a loss of words , inspite of the literature graduate she was. She merely hissed out "How many people will you marry , Abhi?" she managed, before laughter erupted somewhere close by. Sourabh appeared from the darkness, his face appearing Satan like.He mock bowed to Survi and said , "Alas! I have more than one best friends , Madame", before she punched him hard in the stomach, making him wince, still unable to believe he managed to pull this one off. Sourabh moved closer to Abhijeet, and whispered "Are you sure you still want to marry her ?" as all of them burst into laughter .

A week later, Sourabh had managed to convince her parents that there could be no better match for their daughter than Abhijeet.  They agreed, with some reluctance , as to give the life and happiness of their daughter , whom they had brought up so caringly, to a person whose life always hung by a thread. They were engaged, without much ado and the marriage preparations had begun. But fate they say, has its own ways of thwarting love. Abhijeet was soon called for an on field assignment after his final training. He was to join the CID, soon after the assignment. As soon as he reached the destination, even before reporting himself to his senior, he wrote a letter assuring his return safely and into wedlock.

Abhijeet :

My hands glistened with sweat as I signed off my letter to Survi. I had put into it a lot of confidence, which I wasn't sure existed in reality. It seemed almost unreal to play so dangerously into a assignment, which could in any unexpected way. To have the love of your life waiting for you, to guide the relationship into an eternal Eden, but never knowing whether you'll ever reach there is petrifying.  I let my mind fall into a subconscious state of memories, of the uninterrupted silence that contained complicated notes of the heart, watching her talk and smile behind the fumes of the Masala chai. Sometimes I feel we saw the best of each other because we started off as strangers. I bring my mind back into control, as it is reporting time , and all of us begin our warm up to face a few terrorists who have infiltrated the Mumbai Police.

The assignment is planned to the last detail and we are ready to go on to the execution. I manage to break the fortress on the enemy side, pretending to assassinate my comrade Dilip. And then we reach the car, which goes on to their hideout, and the final player in the game. And there, somewhere, it goes terribly wrong.

After Stolen Dynamite :

My vision has just returned to normal, and I am surrounded by many strange faces. I seem to have unlearned everything, and my past life is a haze. I am bewildered by the people who claim to know me, a mother, a comrade, but nothing is clear to me yet, not even my own identity . I slowly go through the various materials given by a young officer who seems worried about my health. I stand in front of the mirror, wincing as my hand encounters bruises. After a week, I know a lot more than the previous. Criminal behaviour, science, my brain assimilates all this rather quickly , and I wonder if my past life was close to illustrious. It is still a tremendous effort to remember people, but I manage to keep the important friends in my mental list. And soon , life slips into comfortable routine. Investigation , liaison, arson, forensics and all is peace.

Cases and years come by and roll away in glory, and I have peacefully slipped into unrestrained bachelorhood with my friend Daya . And yet , I know I have much to discover and that part of my soul that has wandered away.

After Stolen Dynamite , Survi  

Its days since I received the first letter, and I see no more coming .At first, I am calm, assuring and reassuring myself that nothing could ever go wrong .The next few days, Sourabh calls in , making sure I am fine and explaining that it's never easy and a lot of life might go on without regular communication. I tell him its fine as long as he is fine, because love needs no reassurances , but deep down , I know fear needs one .I manage the next weeks putting myself together, and ignoring my parents telling me it might have been  a fleeting affair in the manner of entertainment. But one week before my wedding, all my calm breaks loose. I get to advertising in the papers, calling his peers up, but nothing turns up and yet , I wait know patience bears sweet fruits.

[Alteration of Flashback:]   

It's been a few years , and I have moved to Mumbai from Delhi , where I lived , hoping I am assisting my love story. And then, luck plays into my hands in the guise of disaster. As I return from my college where I now teach, I see that my door stands wide open. My maid lies sprawled on the floor , injured, and as I bend to take a closer look, something crashes into the back of my head and I hear feet shuffling. A damn robber , I think ,before I black out.

Sometime later , I wake up to a pungent odour of disinfectant, and I know I am in the hospital. The nurse seems very happy at my apparent progress and informs the doctor that I am in a conscious state. CID officers march in to inquire , and I know all my penance has not gone in vain.

I certainly know they're on duty, but I fail to see even a faint smile. I assure myself to wait till the end, and then break free. And even after it is over, nothing changes. The other is probably why I am grinning that much inspite of my wounds, but Abhijeet doesn't flinch. And then I know something is way too wrong. I put out my hands to his face, asking him if he doesn't recognise me. And he does something that breaks the last strings of my heart that I have manage to restrung. He pushes me away and he looks confused , almost bewildered. In my touch that lasted milliseconds, I know he's no more mine. He is just a painful memory, no more in my proximity, no more bathed in warmth. I am too shocked to cry, I am hoping he'll return to me, and still I am waiting.

Edited by nsapo - 8 years ago
That was very cute and touching πŸ‘ Bohot jaldi khatam ho gaya! πŸ˜†
Originally posted by visrom

That was very cute and touching πŸ‘ Bohot jaldi khatam ho gaya! πŸ˜†

Ty πŸ˜³ But Maine pehle hi warning diya tha ki short hai πŸ˜›
It's too good...πŸ‘
Still i'm waiting..😳
Wah..wahπŸ‘
Love it❀️
Nice one dude πŸ˜³πŸ‘
Keep writing πŸ˜ƒ
Aww that was so sweet Apoorva. But why did it end so soon? I wanted to read more! πŸ˜³