Intro from my side

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

The nadaswaram, nagaswaram, nadhaswaram or nathaswaram, (Tamil: ?????????) is one of the most popular classical musical instruments in Tamil Nadu and the world's loudest non-brass acoustic instrument.[1] It is a wind instrument similar to the North Indian shehnai but much longer, with a hardwood body and a large flaring bell made of wood or metal.

In South Indian Hindu culture, the nadaswaram is considered to be very auspicious, and it is a key musical instrument played in almost all Hindu weddings and temples of the South Indian tradition.[2] It is part of the family of instruments known as mangala vadya[3] (lit. mangala ["auspicious"], vadya ["instrument"]). The instrument is usually played in pairs, and accompanied by a pair of drums called thavil;[4] it can also be accompanied with a drone from a similar oboe called the ottu.[5]

This is the intro of the show like you all know.

This show is a much watch and I can guarantee you all,that you will love it.So please give it a try and watch the show.

Many people don't know Tamil including me but this show will change your views and then you will eventually love the show like I did <3

I'm a fan you see.

The real meaning of the word on which the show is based is an instrument
Edited by Saaraa. - 10 years ago
Posted: 10 years ago
Nice post!
Even I dont know Tamil but will surely try to watch & atleast read the WU.

I know about this instrument as I am a classical singer. Though I am learning in Uttar hindustani style but I have some knowledge of carnatic style music too.

Love,
Honey