Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Long time ago...we had cycling track...πŸ˜†
Coincidentally it happened exactly a year agoπŸ˜²πŸ˜† 

I am in mood of discussing that track again...πŸ˜†

So...

Is there something called competition for boys and competition for girls?
Should parents be over protective about girls or give them the same freedom?
Did Lucky do the right thing is supporting Ginny?
Should Rocky have supported Ginny...or was he just a protective brother?
Who gets the credit for Ginny's success?
Was Rocky right in boasting that he played a huge part in Ginny's success?

How did you like the entire track?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

skyforceguy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
credit to ginny's success definately goes to herself only. Others can only motivate you as lucky did, you succeed or not, is totally upto you only.

Hmm.. Yes boys and girls should definately be given same amount of freedom to take part in activities. I didn't really feel that rocky and sweet were completely against her, it was just that, they didnt want ginny to do anything risky or hurtful. But it counted as discouragement, fine!

Lucky taught her cycling and motivated her, he was absolutely correct as a father. Without lucky's support, ginny couldn't do it for sure.

Sweety was just not active in that track i felt. It was mainly ginny and rocky... And lucky also playing a good role from behind.

Rocky did not understand ginny's POV and only discouraged her about cycling since the beginning which was not good, being protective for sister is fine but he looked too much. Then the race day, even after discouraging the way he actually helped her was really nice to see. He went back to check on her when he was leading all the other participant and was about to win. Definately helped ginny and did play to good role in her win.

Liked the track or not, yes i liked that track but absolutely hated the way rocky was praising himself, i myself would never have done it. Helping your sibling is too common in a family.. You dont start praising yourself just because you helped your younger sister... That thing irked me. And cvs made a whole issue out of it.Edited by Pritam-Das - 10 years ago
Shwets1502 thumbnail
For me...this track had a great message behind that boys and girls are equally capable. 

Ginny loves challenges and does not fear from taking risks. As parents, they need to encourage her and support her. I remember when Rocky initially said there is risk in the competition, even Lucky was not ready. But seeing Ginny's determination he supported her, no matter he liked it or not. 

Girls need to know their parents trust their capabilities. Ginny was happy to have Lucky's support and her but ultimately she won because of her talent. Rocky was a great brother when helping Ginny and asking her to continue the race. He should have been proud that her sister won..but he was more proud that he helped her win. 

Another thing I liked in the track was..there are lot of things parents say yes to just because they want their child to be happy. Sweety unwillingly accepted...even Lucky had fears. 

I liked the track...though it was just for 2 or max 3 episodes...they should have shown more...they should have shown some celebration and proud moments for parents. 
skyforceguy thumbnail
exactly. If it was raashi in the place of ginny, this same track would have around 3 weeks. 1St week of jeet and pinky's pre-race scenes, 2nd week the race and last week, jeet and pinky's post-race scenes. :X

Lucky is always a great father, he has been always neglected but has never been shown as a unsupportive father.

Rocky was extremely confusing... I cant be sure with him that he actually loves ginny or just shows it sometimes and othertimes, he is just into himself only. :s

Overall the track was nice but because they needed to set the plot for raakhi, the end was rather ruined.
Shwets1502 thumbnail
Oh yes..if it was Raashi's race..entire month would have been gone...pre-post all scenes would have involved Jeet...and then Pinky will still cry for no reasons..plotting will take plce...Raashi will fly with cycle...GOD!!!

Yes..that's something I like about Lucky...like it or not..trust your kids if they have the will...and support them how much you can. Remember the scene in the hall when Ginny tells she won't take part if Rocky stops football...Lucky will tell something like..parents can only be a guide and support for kids...but at the end kids have to face life...Excellent parenting there. 
Sweety's fears are also justified. It was good to see her also understanding Lucky's POV and permitting Ginny for the competition.

Rocky definitely loves Ginny and thats the reason he helped her leaving his race. When his friends asked him...he just wanted to keep his image high and told he helped Ginny and thats why she won which is wrong. Somehow I felt if Rocky had explained it clearly...there would not have been an issue. Rocky do get into Sweety mode sometimes...and does not accept easily

Yes..the cycling track was for Raakhi...and they spoiled both as they did not show either properly
skyforceguy thumbnail
true. Its the biggest problem with ahluwalias. They either dont get tracks or if get any, dont get adequate time span to run. Always ends in rush. Can you just imagine 3 back to back ahluwalia track, its not possible even with parallal ahuja track yaar, but its happening right now with ahujas without any parallel ahlu track... How disgusting is this ! :x

Hmm yeah, rocky has been helpful to ginny even before also. It counts as one of his characteristics in the wikipedia of the show also... (helps his sibling when in need)
Haha yes he does get into sweety mode.. Genetic problem 🀣 . He could have explained it ginny when she overhearde his phone conversation, but rather he was stuck saying he is the reason she won which made ginny angry.. A simple explaination would have made it clear between the the two. Then raashi and raavi also interfered for no reason. Seriously yaar, why did they two interfere?
Shwets1502 thumbnail
Ahluwalias track back to back will be like heavenπŸ˜†
One of the reasons I like Rinku track was there was no Ahujas(For me Rinku track starts from Lucky knowing the truthπŸ˜†)

Rocky is more like Sweety. He gets hyper and speaks before he thinks. But unlike her he apologizes. I felt Ginny should have sorted it out alone and not call her sibling brigade for help. It was embarrassing for Rocky when he was blamed in front of everyone. But yes..it was embarrassing for Ginny too when Rocky takes the credit for her success. 

I don't know whether Ginny is like Sweety or Lucky. She seems quite different from both of them. 
skyforceguy thumbnail
hmm thats true. Rocky is like sweety. Hats off to cvs for this. Its like an invisible thing which looks common betweed sweety and rocky and makes them even more convincing as mother and son. Rocky's hyper behaviour reflects sweety's gens in him.. Lol.

Well, ginny.. I think she reflects lucky alot. The calmness is present in both, ginny is close to sweety but i dont see anything in ginny with sweety. Lucky and ginny both have a few characteristics in common. But rocky and ginny both are so different lol, still a great bonding is there.
Shwets1502 thumbnail
Ginny is calm like Lucky(we feel this because we don't see Ginny much LOL) but she is stubborn like Sweety...πŸ˜†

I like the fact that even though Rocky is like Sweety...he shares a better bond with Lucky...πŸ˜† Probably its because LIKE poles repel πŸ˜†

I wish there had been a LS scene at the end of this track...they speaking about Ginny's potential...they missed that...Ahluwalias are never shown praising their kids...even after winning football..LS did not speak about Rocky...whereas Ahujas spend months speaking about their kids...😑
skyforceguy thumbnail
ahuj over-praise yaar... They're too cheesy with each other. Always calling princess to kids and jaan to each other. It rather looks fake to me, seriously. That jaan sounds so annoying in specifically in front of front outsiders. Too cheesy !! Yes, RG is least praised. But its fine, they have supportive father which is what most needed for kids... Otherways, too much of sweet can damage your teeth. I even like sweety's bashing nature... It keeps giving the kids a reality check and 100 times more fun to watch than those extreme sweetness.

Ginny's charact is the most under-explored character in the show. This show is based on kids so all kids should have been well-established. Rocky has got way to screen space and tracks compared to ginny. Even other ahuja kids too.