Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav

SS: Decision Making in Life(Last parts&Ques Pg 10) - Page 7

Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Impossible...as family scene happens after Admission and Results...😆
They will have a happy family dinner yar...

The epilogue I have written is for admissions and results...😆

Its ok...I'll continue after that..I won't have epilogue at all..😆

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Yes, skip the epilogue, just put the relevant facts about admissions and results in the talk itself.
Shwets1502 thumbnail
You are confusing me now..😆
Tell me..the hospital scene I wrote...that paragraph...what is that called? 😆 
I have written the admission and results in the same way...that portion alone...and then they all come back home and conversation starts..😕😆
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Nothing, it's just a para where you described the scenes.

Yes, it's fine. Epilogue is the last part of a story, generally smaller than normal chapter length.
Shwets1502 thumbnail
Ok...So I won't probably have an epilogue..for the story...😆

I use paragraph to quicken the track...as detailing is not needed there...
What happens at the admission centre and what happens when Ginny gets papers are not needed...so I jump to the result and back home..😆
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Yes that's fine, we just need to know that he did get admission and how much marks she got. And your talk itself will become the epilogue. 😉
Shwets1502 thumbnail
haha...yes..now everything is clear...
I'll post the parts during the weekend...will divide it into three parts..😆
Shwets1502 thumbnail
EditEdited by Shwets1502 - 10 years ago
Shwets1502 thumbnail

Part 4

Next morning, Lucky is sitting in the living room. He does not want to sit alone in his room. Sweety has become hysterical from the time she knew of Ginny's exams. She is running behind her, planning her timetable, question papers...Rocky comes and sits with Lucky.

Rocky: What do you think? Who is responsible for Ma's behaviour now? [takes remote]

Lucky: Hmm..let's put the blame on school..[laughs]

Rocky: Haha...true..

Lucky: You saw my phone? I cannot find it.

Rocky: [secretly] Mom has hid it somewhere. She does not want you to start your office work.

Lucky: I KNEW IT! It will be Sweetyji only...

Rocky: and you know what??? SHE IS RIGHT!! You need to rest..

Lucky: [shocked] I thought you were in my team...

Rocky: [winks] I will change teams as I wish...

Lucky: [looks angrily] You are just like your mother...[pauses] Sweetyji!

Sweety comes.

Lucky: Ji..where is my phone? I need to make few important calls. Please..

Sweety: No Luckyji! You..

Lucky: I am not going anywhere. I will be here at home only...in front of you. Please...

Sweety goes to kitchen and comes back with his phone and gives him.

Sweety: Only for one hour. Not a minute more. Then you will give back the phone. Got it?

Lucky: [nods head] Ok ji! [starts going through his messages as Sweety leaves]

Rocky: Dad! Do you understand now..how difficult it is to deal with Ma and her orders? Uh?

Lucky: Haan yar...I really appreciate you for that...[pauses] SWEETYJI! look what Rocky is saying,..

Rocky: Sshh!!! What are you doing?

Lucky: I can change teams too..[laughs, suddenly looking at phone]  OH GOD! There is a great house which is on deal. Wait...

Lucky speaks to someone. He asks them to come and meet him but they refuse. He says he will call and inform them about the meeting.

Lucky: I need to go to for a meeting Rocky! What to do? Give some idea to leave home.

Rocky: I am not going to help you go out Dad...seriously...you are still not fit...

Lucky: Then...[thinks] You go...

Rocky: [shocked] ME??!! What do I know?

Lucky: I will explain you everything. It is very important Rocky..

Rocky: You are scaring me more Dad...I cannot handle...

Lucky: [desperate] I trust you...Do you trust yourself? You have done it before right? Help me yar...please

Rocky: But Dad...

Lucky: [realising] Oh..Ok..I am sorry...I am forcing you into my work..That's not right..It's ok...I'll manage it..

Rocky: Dad!! It is nothing like that...[pauses, thinks] Tell me what I should do? I will take care...

Lucky: Are you sure?

Rocky: Pakka [assures]

Lucky explains what has to be done to Rocky. Sweety is happy that Rocky is helping his father in his business. Rocky leaves after getting ready. Lucky is happy.

Sweety: You look so happy..

Lucky: Every father will dream of having their son take care of their business...

Sweety: Then why don't you ask him to study Civil Engineering. Why are you allowing him to take computers.

Lucky: I can't make up my mind to ask Rocky such a big thing.

Sweety: Hm..you are right..He has to study the course ultimately. There is no point in forcing him to study something he does not have interest in.

Lucky: He knows I want him to take over my business and become a builder. Yet he never actually accepted it...Probably he has other plans..

Sweety: Hmm... May be we should tell him once...What's wrong in telling our wishes?

Lucky: I don't know...it should not influence him right? ...He should not feel we are compelling him..and he has his own plans now..

Sweety knows Lucky always wanted Rocky to do civil engineering and start a construction company with him. Rocky had never agreed to it neither had denied it. Now when Rocky said he wants to take computers, Lucky and Sweety could not force him to take Civil.

Sweety: You go and take rest. I will bring your breakfast upstairs.

Lucky: Sweetyji! You go and check Ginny's coaching classes na? I wanted to go but...I don't like this discrimination...everyone should be treated equally.

Sweety: But fact is fact na Luckyji! Ginny is weak..

Lucky: I don't believe it...[leaves annoyed]

Sweety decides to go to the coaching class in the evening and speak with the officials. Lucky has his breakfast and medicines and goes to sleep again. Rocky comes back in two hours happily.

Rocky: Dad! Dad!

Sweety: What happened? Your father is sleeping...How did the work go?

Rocky: Excellent! I did whatever Dad asked me to do..the client is very happy. They said they will make the deal today itself. I want Dad's signature in the papers. Rest everything is done.

Rocky is happy with himself. Sweety looks proudly at him and hugs him.

Rocky: I am feeling so happy today as if I have achieved something very big.

Sweety: You have..this is a big thing. Making deals is not simple.

Rocky: Yeah...how much time it takes to convince them. [laughs] But Rocky Singh is an expert in convincing...[winks]

Sweety : I know that very well...[smiles]

Rocky: I will inform Dad and ask if there is more work. I am very excited. The work is challenging and I am liking it.  

Sweety: [thinks] Oh...you are liking your Dad's business?

Rocky: Why not? It is very interesting...and I am getting lots of ideas too. I will discuss with Dad.

Sweety: Hmm...[not knowing how to start] Ok..Come..Sit for lunch. I will wake up your father.

Rocky: [sits at the dining] You know..when I was making the deal..I felt as if I am a businessman...a successful business man...not a loser...

Sweety: Rocky! Uhmm...[thinks] What are your plans after doing Computer Engineering?

Rocky: [confused] Why are you asking this now?

Sweety: No..Nothing...Just wanted to know what you have planned for your future.

Rocky: [putting food on his plate] Nothing ma..Want to study and get into a big company as computer engineer..design games and earn a lot...

Sweety: Ok...Rocky! Can I ask you something? I mean...We are happy with any decision of yours...but...

Rocky: [eating] What are you telling Ma..I can't understand anything...

Sweety: It's our wish that you do Civil Engineer and join your father's business and..now that you are liking his work..you can..

Rocky: [confused] Civil Engineering? But...

Lucky comes down at the same time.

Lucky: Oye Rocky!! How did the meeting go? Went on well..

Rocky: [still confused but] When Rocky Singh is there..no fear...I have made the deal...need your signatures...[gives him the papers]

Lucky reads through and signs them. He is so proud of his son.

Lucky: Well done!

Rocky: Thank You! I will leave immediately and complete the process. You have lunch and take rest..ok? Bye...

Sweety: Have your food properly...

But Rocky has left. Sweety looks at Lucky.

Sweety: I will get ready and go to coaching class and meet the in-charge there. You take rest and...don't start stressing yourself...

Lucky: [smiles] I won't...

Sweety is in the coaching centre waiting to meet the in-charge. She goes around the classrooms and sees Ginny writing test seriously. There is no teacher in the room. Sweety is called to meet the in-charge.

Sweety: I am Ginny Ahluwalia's mother.

In-Charge(IC): Yes Madam...tell me..

Sweety: I got to know that students are divided into good and weak batches according to their marks.

IC: Yes...

Sweety: Sir..I don't think it is right to differentiate students like this...it affects their confidence.

IC: [calmly] Mam..Our concern is not their confidence but their marks. You have sent your child here to get high marks right? We are working for that...So..

Sweety: But if you put them in a weak batch...won't they feel bad...isn't it like labelling them as bad students..

IC: If that affects them...then they should study well and get good marks...When they do that we shift them to good batches..

Sweety: [confused] I did not see any teacher in the weak batch classroom.

IC: Yes..Weak students should first get full marks in their previous tests, only then we move forward in their syllabus.

Sweety: WHAT? Classes continue for other students and this batch will be behind them?

IC: Yes..anyways they cannot pick up and we need to focus on those students who get good marks...we want them to get the best mark and get a good name for us..

Sweety: [unable to believe] Good Name? You are worried about good name...but how to make the weak students get good marks...

IC: They need to work hard Mam...only then they can get good marks...What can we do? We teach them..we give them tests...Ultimately they have to perform...

Sweety: [angry] This is ridiculous...we send our kids here so that you will give special focus to them, attention which they don't get in school..

IC: Coaching centres are no less than schools now. We have more students than school for 10th and 12th class. We have students from different schools here...Mam..I have lot of work..Do you have anything else to say?

Sweety: I am taking my daughter off these classes.

IC: [casually] Your wish...we don't refund the fees...

Sweety: You keep your fees...I don't care...[leaves angrily]

Lucky is watching TV. He hears the door opening and quickly switches off the TV and throws the remote and takes a book. Sweety enters furiously.

Sweety: How dare that man talks to me like that.

Lucky understands something went wrong.

Lucky: What happened?

Sweety: He tells their centre name is important than students. He tells they will focus on good students only...

Lucky: What? This is ridiculous...where will other students go then?

Sweety: Every where people are discriminating Luckyji. What will students like Ginny do? Who will help them?

Lucky is silent. He does not have an answer. He does not have a solution.

Sweety: I will do something. I will show those people that students like Ginny too can score good marks. I will arrange special tuition for her...I will arrange separate teachers for separate subjects. I will make sure she gets more marks and prove everyone wrong. Whom do they think they are messing with? Sweety will not accept failure nor will her daughter.

Lucky is more scared as what his wife will do now.

Sweety: Get ready Ji..We have to go for check up. [goes to kitchen]

Lucky prays to God to keep everything fine in his house.

Ginny comes back from coaching class. The in-charge had informed her regarding Sweety. Rocky has come back from the meeting and he has successfully closed the deal.

Rocky: Hey Ginny! Mom and Dad has gone out...Uhmm..What's wrong? You look...rather weird.

Ginny: [frustrated] What to tell Bhaiya? I am not fit to do anything...I just..

Rocky: [concerned] Hey...What's wrong?? What are you telling?

Ginny: I had a good name in school before..now because I am not able to get good marks..everyone are teasing me..looking differently at me...they are putting me in weak batch...not treating me like other students...

Rocky: Hmm..[understands] You ignore all that yar...Just focus on your studies..work hard.

Ginny: I am...I am studying..I am working hard...but...I just can't remember anything during exams...I just hate all my subjects..I don't want to study...I feel so bad to see such low marks after putting all efforts..

Rocky: You...

Ginny: [continues] And above that..Ma had come to the coaching class and had an argument with the in-charge there...and has taken me off the class...

Rocky: What? Listen Ginny...Don't stress yourself with all these thoughts...think clearly...plan clearly...and study at a pace you can...Don't put too much on yourself..

Ginny: But why am I not able to study like others?

Rocky doesn't have an answer for that. He tries to cheer her up but Ginny is in no mood.

Ginny: Where is Dad? Where has he gone?

Rocky: Hospital for check up...

Ginny: Everything is alright?

Rocky: Yeah...just a regular one...Dad is recovering fast na?

Ginny: I am so happy and Bhaiya..I was very scared seeing Dad not well...

Rocky: Me too...[pauses] Freshen up and come..I'll make something for you to eat...

Lucky and Sweety are on their way back. The check up went well and Lucky is perfectly alright. Sweety is driving and Lucky is relaxed.

Sweety: Thank God! Everything is fine..But that does not mean you can do everything as you like...You will still follow my orders..

Lucky: When have I not followed Ji..Your orders are my command..

Sweety: [smiles] Oh...trying to charm me?  

Lucky: Yeah...been a long time I tried it...and long time I succeeded also...

Sweety: You always succeed...[smiles]

Lucky: [happy] I could not have crossed this hurdle without you Sweetyji...Thank You...

Sweety: What Ji! What are you saying? It was my hurdle too...We have always crossed every problem together...and we did it this time also...

Lucky: Still...you would have been so worried because of me...I know it is difficult to put up with me..[laughs]

Sweety: Not as difficult as to put up with me...You do a great job too [laughs]

All are having dinner. Ginny is still not in mood. She feels there is nothing but studies in her life.  

Sweety: Ginny! You need not go to coaching classes from tomorrow. You will study at home. I will arrange tuition teachers for you in a week. They will come home and coach you.

Ginny: But Ma..I was getting used to the classes...I had started improving in the tests..

Sweety: I won't accept you to be in a weak batch...

Ginny: Ma..I was making my way slowly into the average batch...

Sweety: No arguments Ginny...You did not like the classes before right? Now you need not go..Matter solved...You start preparing for your exams now..I will come and check...

Ginny leaves angrily. Rocky is in thoughts about his work. Lucky is silently viewing the conversation.

Rocky: [suddenly to Sweety] You were telling about Civil Engineering? What was that?

Sweety: [looks at Lucky] Nothing...was just..

Rocky: Dad! You used to ask me to join your company right? I never took it seriously...but I am liking your work...

Lucky: [confused] What are you trying to say?

Rocky: May be I will leave computers and do civil...I can get into your company immediately after I finish my course..I don't need to search for jobs also...[laughs]

Sweety looks at Lucky and signals NO. Lucky understands..his son is just confused.

Lucky: So you want to take Civil because you don't need to search for a job..

Rocky: [excited] Hmm..that's one reason...but I am loving your work also...and as you said..we can start construction company also...Make deals..Make profits...

Lucky: Why did you want to take Computers before?

Rocky: Hmm...because it was my dream..I mean..I know a lot about them..I am interested in software...I have my own ideas to develop games...So..

Lucky: So why are you shifting to Civil now?

Rocky: [silent] Actually...I understood that it is both of your dream that I study civil and join your business..So..I thought...

Sweety: [surprised and happy] you will fulfil our dreams?

Rocky: Yeah..[smiles] And now when I did deals and succeeded..I am sure this is my way...

Lucky: I am so happy that you are thinking about our dreams Rocky...

Rocky: Dad! You told me right? That if one dream cannot be fulfilled we need to start dreaming something else?

Lucky: Yes...I said that...and I know how it feels...

Rocky: Meaning...

Lucky: You doing Civil is no longer my dream...I changed it when you wanted to do computers...I understood..my dream cannot be fulfilled when you opted for Computers..so I changed it...My dream now is you getting a big job in a big company and earning well...

Rocky: What? But..

Sweety: Rocky! We have loads of dreams about you and Ginny...But you need to work to achieve your goals..not ours...

Rocky: But...I want to do something for you...make you happy

Sweety: Then follow your dreams..follow your goals...reach it...that's what we want...

Lucky: Look beta...you are in a stage where your decision is going to make the difference in your life. You take Civil for us...what if you don't like it?

Rocky: But your work is interesting...I..

Lucky: Civil Engineering is different from real estate..it is not the same...I am not a Civil Engineer...And...[thinks] You came to my office just for one day...it's not necessary that you will like it after a week...

Sweety: Rocky! Don't confuse yourself...You sit alone and think what you want to become..Computer Engineer or Civil Engineer or something else...do some research..see which interests you more...

Lucky: If you want to join my company...you can join after doing computer engineering also ..work for some years in some company...gain experience and then join me..I don't have any problems...[pauses] But if you are seriously interested in Civil...you go ahead with that too..you have our support...

Rocky: [sighs] I am so confused what to do...I had not thought about anything else...I always wanted to do computers...

Sweety: Then why change that now?

Lucky: Rocky!  What I meant before about changing dream was...you have different ways to reach your dream..there are many routes to your destination...there are different colleges..not just one college

Rocky: I just don't like this situation...It's like standing on the edge of a cliff..

Lucky: Hmm...your life is starting...you are going to face many more situations like this...[laughs]

Sweety: Don' t scare him ji...Rocky! You go and relax now...think about it later...you want any help..don't hesitate to ask us...

Rocky gets up and leaves sadly and confused. He is scared to take any decisions now. He is not confident about his decisions. He is not sure what he wants.

Sweety looks at Lucky who is smiling.

Sweety: I know what you are thinking. Kids have grown up..right?

Lucky: Yes...and they won't need us after some time..they will be capable of handling their life on their own...they will take decisions for themselves...and..

Sweety: after sometime..they will take our decisions also...[pauses] Ok..finish your food and go to bed...I will check on Ginny...[leaves]

Lucky is thinking how to speak to Sweety about Ginny. Her plans of tuition teachers is only going to stress her even more. She is going to pressurize Ginny in order to prove she is right.

Rocky is going through websites reading about many courses. Every course seems interesting. He is lost in thoughts as what to do. He always wanted to become a computer engineer, develop amazing games. GAMES DESIGNER. Civil Engineering is, as his parents said, not something like real estate. The course is totally different and involves subjects he doesn't like much. He is not sure if he will be able to complete the course with the same interest. He does not want to regret after taking any decision. He cannot blame anyone too. He is responsible for his life. He goes through files containing all his ideas for new games. He knows where his interests lies. He has to follow that.

Sweety comes to her room and sees Lucky going through some papers. She takes it from him and asks him to sleep.

Sweety: Ji..You know anyone who takes private tuitions for science? I found for Maths and Language. I am just yet to fix days and time...

Lucky: Sweetyji! Don't you think you are pressurizing Ginny now?

Sweety: I know...but what else can I do? She has to get good marks...she is becoming very casual with her studies...she is losing interest...

Lucky: OK..I understand...But...

Sweety: I know what I am doing Luckyji! I will take care of her studies..you take rest and don't interfere.

Lucky: Ok..I won't interfere. But please think from Ginny's point of view. She is having difficulty in studies. She is trying to first pass in all subjects. But you are raising the bar too much suddenly.

Sweety: You go to sleep Luckyji! and...she won't be joining any music school until she completes her schooling.

Lucky: But...

Sweety: [switches off lights] Good Night Luckyji!

Ginny is in her room studying. She is unable to concentrate. She is sure she cannot get high marks in her exams. Her mother has marked very difficult questions for her to prepare for the night. She cannot understand anything. She does not want to go to tuitions. She does not want to go to school. She does not want to give board exams also. Her teachers and friends tease her to be poor in studies and that singing alone cannot help her in life. She needs talent in studies also. She is frustrated with herself. She does not know how to study to get marks. 

Edited by Shwets1502 - 10 years ago
Shwets1502 thumbnail

Part 5

Rocky comes to the kitchen where Sweety is cooking, next morning.

Sweety: Got up so early?

Rocky: Was not able to sleep? Was so restless.

Sweety: Hmm...so?

Rocky: I have decided..

Sweety: Oh..Good! [continuing her cooking]

Rocky: I think I will go on with computers itself. That has been my interest from the beginning. I will look for a different college.

Sweety: Hmm...Good decision...[smiles]

Rocky: Hope I don't change it again..[laughs]

Sweety: It is difficult to stick to one decision. But you have to.

Rocky: Hmm...I'll tell Dad. Is he awake?

Sweety: May be..Not sure..Go and check..If he is awake..call me...

Rocky: Ok..

Sweety: Here...drink this juice and go..

Lucky is awake. He is happy hearing Rocky's decision. Rocky informs counselling is in 2 weeks.

Rocky: But Dad! What if I don't become a good engineer? I mean..what if my decision is wrong?

Lucky: Hmm...you need to trust your decision till the end and work hard. [to cheer him] But in case you don't become a good engineer...you can always join me in our business. [smiles] But don't take it easy...

Rocky: I get it Dad...Don't worry...

Sweety suddenly enters the room.

Sweety: Something is wrong with Ginny...She is saying she won't go to school. She is not ready also.

Lucky and Rocky are shocked.

Rocky: Why she won't go to school?

Sweety: She is not telling anything. How will she pick up if she misses classes?

Lucky: May be she is not well.

Sweety: No..she is not having fever or anything...

All three are worried.

Sweety: Luckyji! You go and speak to her...

Lucky: Ok...[gets up and goes]

Rocky: I think she is stressed with exams...

Sweety: But I am not stressing her much...I don't go behind her like I did for you..

Rocky: There is pressure from outside also Ma..like teachers and friends...sometimes..students pressurizes themselves to get more marks...more than what they are capable of...and end up breaking down...

Lucky enters Ginny's room. She is sitting simply.

Lucky: [with energy] So bunking school today?

Ginny is silent.

Lucky has no clue what to speak with Ginny, how to start the conversation, how to make her speak with him. He thinks and tries to find a way.

Lucky: What's wrong beta? Why you don't want to go to school?

Ginny: Just like that...Simply...

Lucky: Simply? You won't tell me...

Ginny: Nothing Daddyji...everything is fine...No mood to go to school today...

Lucky: Hmm...Ok...So shall we go out and enjoy today? I am so bored at home..

Ginny: [surprised] What? No...You need to take rest...I have to prepare for my EXAMS and get high marks...

Lucky: Leave all these exams...Let's enjoy...nothing will happen if you waste a single day...

Ginny: But...

Lucky: Nothing doing..we are going out..that's all...You decide the place and time..and tell me..ok? I will inform your mother.

Lucky leaves and Ginny is confused. She is sure her mother would not allow her to enjoy bunking school. Lucky goes to his room and sees Sweety and Rocky waiting.

Sweety: She said anything?

Lucky: I am taking her out...She needs to relax first.

Sweety: Out? What about school?

Lucky: It is just one day...she will manage...

Sweety: How? She is already getting low marks..if she misses..

Lucky: Sweetyji! If you force her to go to school today...she won't go to school forever.

Sweety: But ji..school is important...

Rocky: Ma...I think Ginny needs a break..she is studying a lot continuously...Lot is running in her mind..

Sweety: Where is she studying? She is not getting marks...

Lucky: That's what we need to find out why? Why is she not getting marks even after studying for a long time...

Sweety: May be she is not focussing...

Lucky: Sweetyji! It is not necessary to blame the student for everything..there may be some other reasons too...This issue is a serious one...

Sweety: I understand Luckyji...But..ultimately marks is what is important right? She knows that..

Lucky: Let me speak with her today and see if I can figure out something...we can discuss later.

Sweety: How will you go? You need to take rest..

Lucky: I promise I will take care of myself and Ginny...

Rocky is speaking to his friend.

Rocky: I am opting for some other college yar...No Management Quota...I don't want it..

Sid: Oh..OK..But why?

Rocky: Hmm...I realised what I exactly want...and realised management quota is not the way I wanted to reach my dream...I will get into a different college now..

Sid: But..?

Rocky: My ultimate dream is to become a game developer right? ...I am just choosing a different path to reach that now..and the best part...I am happy!!! I am satisfied! I can see my goal clearly now.

Ginny wants to go for shopping. She and Lucky are in a mall now.

Lucky: Over? Or you want to clean off my purse...[laughs]

Ginny: [laughs] That's it. But I am hungry. Let's have something to eat.

Both go to a restaurant. Ginny orders food for herself. Lucky says he will have something at home itself. He does not want to take risk eating outside.

Lucky: Happy today without school?

Ginny: Of course..I hate going to school Daddyji! Some teachers keep commenting on my low marks and performance in my tests.

Lucky: Then what do they do? Help you after that?

Ginny: Help? Haha...they continue with their classes.

Lucky: But they will help when you ask them right?

Ginny: Ask them and get teased and mocked more? No..I don't ask them for help...

Lucky: Hmm..

Ginny: I don't understand what good will marks do for me...I mean...aren't there lot of people who achieve a lot without studies also? Can't I become a singer without studies?

Lucky slowly understands what his daughter's problem is. He also understands the mistake he has done.

Ginny: Anyway you will join me in a music school..then why should I study?

Lucky: That's right too...[thinks] Why do you think studies is important Ginny?

Ginny: Hmm..to get into a college...to get a job...?

Lucky: Hmm.[in thoughts]..yeah..yeah..you are right...Now tell me for whom are you studying?

Ginny: Uhmmm...[thinks] I don't know...mainly for Ma I suppose...[laughs]

Lucky: [laughs] Ok...let's change the topic..why speak about studies here also...

Ginny: Right...

Ginny is in a happy mood after shopping. She is enjoying her food. Lucky realises what Ginny's problem is but he cannot make himself speak with Ginny. He decides to tell Sweety and ask her to handle it.

Back home, Rocky is relaxing watching TV. Ginny and Lucky enters. Ginny shows whatever she has purchased to Rocky. Lucky asks Rocky where his mom is and goes upstairs to meet her.

Sweety: What did she say? You found out anything?

Lucky: [sits down tired] Yeah..found out...

Sweety: You spoke with her? She understood?

Lucky: First listen what her problem is...and no...I did not speak to her...

Sweety: Ok..what's her problem?

Lucky: Sweetyji! Ginny does not understand the purpose of why she has to study or the importance of studies. She thinks studies is marks, which is not..

Sweety: What? But..

Lucky: Ji..marks is a way to test your knowledge...but one has to study with the purpose of gaining knowledge not scoring marks...

Sweety: But marks determine everything...you cannot deny that...

Lucky: That's the sad part...Ginny is getting pressurized to get marks...she is thinking about marks and not about what she is studying...she is not registering the content...she studies thinking how much marks she will get for the answer...what use is marks when she does not know the subject?

Sweety: But...[thinks] I don't understand...

Lucky: When one starts studying..one should start with the interest to study and not think about how much marks she/he will get when the question is asked...

Sweety: Hmm...that's a point...we always divide the answers as important and unimportant and study from exams point of view. I understand...

Lucky: And Sweetyji! Ginny is studying for you...not for herself...

Sweety: What are you saying?

Lucky: She is studying for your happiness...

Sweety: [realises] I keep pressurizing her...and now she is studying for my happiness...But why didn't you speak with her?

Lucky: [hesitates] I thought I wasn't the right person...I mean...I feel she thinks..since I am happy with my life..doing something in life without studies...she can also do it. I cannot explain to her that it is very different...

Sweety: I understand Ji...I will speak with her...

Lucky: And..please..allow her to continue music..along with tuitions have music classes also..she will be happy.

Sweety: [thinks] I will speak to her first.

Lucky: Ask Rocky to come..I have some work for him.

Ginny is in her room admiring her new dress. Sweety comes in.

Sweety: Wow! This dress looks so beautiful.

Ginny: Yeah...I loved it as soon as I saw it.

Sweety: Hmm...then what did you do? Your father ate sometimes outside?

Ginny: No Ma..Dad was very obedient. He did not eat anything. [laughs]

Sweety: Ginny! Actually...I am sorry beta.

Ginny: [surprised] Sorry? But..for what?

Sweety: I did not understand your problems. I was just behind you to study because..

Ginny: I am still a weak student..so I should study more hours...then only I can get marks..right?

Sweety: No...Ginny...Listen to me carefully...Studies is not marks beta...

Ginny: Then? Every time..in school or coaching class...all people speak is about my marks.

Sweety: True..I don't deny...But...[thinks] You have to study for the knowledge beta...not for the marks...think what you are studying..understand the importance...love the subject...

Ginny: How is History important? Why should I learn about some king who killed someone years back!! What use is that?

Sweety: I understand...but that's how our education system is..You have to study all the subjects..with the same interest.

Ginny: My interest is only Music.

Sweety: Ok! You will learn music also..but you will learn subjects also...ok?

Ginny: If you say so..

Sweety: You should not study for my happiness beta...you need to study for your happiness.

Ginny: I am happy without studying also...

Lucky enters.

Lucky: [sits near her] No beta...you won't realise now. I regret everyday for not studying. And regret is a very bad feeling. You cannot change your past. You will have to live with it.

Ginny: But..

Lucky: In our society people respect only people who have studied. Knowledge is everything. It helps you move forward in life. Even if you want to study Music...you need knowledge for that. Who is respected more? People who simply sing or people who learn music and sings? You have to be knowledgeable beta...

Ginny: But Daddyji! I am not interested in these subjects.

Sweety: Learn your subjects like music...

Ginny: What?

Sweety: [hoping to get Ginny interested] Sing your answers...

Ginny: [laughs] What are you saying ma...??

Sweety: I am saying...study in a way you are interested. Few children draw pictures and study...you sing and study. [thinks] Let's do one thing. We will try some different ways of studying..let's bring fun into your studies.

Lucky: You cannot hate to study beta..You need to enjoy it somehow. Leave the marks...but you need to like studies like the way you like music.

Ginny: I understand Daddyji...I know studies is important...I see how Rocky Bhaiya studied well and now he is going to the next level...I want to study well too..but..why should I study so much as I am going to opt for music?

Sweety: Ginny! Our thoughts keep changing..you want to be a singer now..what if you want to become an engineer suddenly?

Ginny: I don't understand Ma..

Lucky: Your mother is saying...whatever you want to become..you need to have studies. Like the way you have interest  in music now...suddenly you may get interest in something else...Studies will help you then...it will back you up...and now you are in 10th class...so

Ginny: Hmm...I understand Dad...

Sweety: Good! If you understand the seriousness of studies..it is more than enough beta...I am there with you...Now we both will find new ways of studying and will prove to others...

Ginny is still not convinced. She understands what her parents are trying to say...but she don't think it is possible.

Sweety: Don't have doubts...I have full confidence in you...

Lucky: Me too...and I promise...We will stand by your decision if you want to take singing as your profession. [looks at Sweety]

Sweety understands. Just like they allowed Rocky to take decisions for his career, they need to allow Ginny also...at the same time guide her well. Ginny smiles. She feels she need to give it a try. Study in some other ways...understand the meaning and study...and forget about marks.

Days pass..Lucky slowly recovers and gets back to normal life. He has started going to office in the mornings and comes back home for lunch and takes rest after that as per Sweety's orders. Rocky is having a busy life with his friends and helping his father at work. He is slowly getting nervous as his counselling day nears. He has few colleges in his mind. He hopes to get into one of them. Ginny and Sweety are progressing well in Ginny's studies. Ginny is happier than before with her studies. She is studying in ways she likes. She studies singing or hearing music. She has given her exams and is waiting for her results. Meanwhile Sweety has arranged a music tutor for her who gives her classes three days a week. Sweety is busy with everyone's life...taking care of Lucky's health, Ginny's studies and spending time with Rocky.

2 weeks pass. It is the day of counselling for Rocky and result day for Ginny on her term exams. Lucky has gone along with Rocky for the counselling. Sweety is waiting for Ginny to come back from school. All the four are nervous.

Lucky and Rocky are waiting for their turn at the counselling centre. Rocky has discussed his options with Lucky. He is nervous yet confident that now he will be able to get the college he wants with the scores he has. Lucky sits confidently with Rocky though he is equally nervous inside. It is Rocky's turn and they go in.

Sweety is sitting nervously waiting for everyone. The first to enter is Ginny. She comes running and hugs Sweety.

Ginny: I passed! I passed! I passed! I passed in all subjects.

Sweety: [very happy] Really!!! This is fantastic.

Ginny: I am so happy Ma..I have scored 60% in every subject...and 75% in Maths.

Sweety: Very good Beta! Very good! I am very happy...

Ginny: Even the teacher appreciated me...she said I have improved a lot. I will definitely get more marks next time and prove even more...

Sweety: I know you will...I am so proud of you...

Rocky: What about me?

Lucky and Rocky enters with a big smile.

Sweety: You got into the college you want?

Rocky: Of course!!!!

Sweety hugs him.

Sweety: [in tears] I am proud of you too...My son has got admission and my daughter has got very good marks...

Lucky: What? Marks? Ginny?

Ginny: [runs to him and hugs happily] Passed! 60%...

Lucky: [surprised and happy] 60%???!!!!! This is great!!! Excellent!! Well done Ginny!!

Rocky: Congrats Ginny!

Ginny: You too Bhaiya!!!

Lucky: Sweetyji! We should go out for dinner tonight and enjoy...What say?

Sweety: Dinner?!! No No...no outside food for sometime...But...

All three look eagerly.

Sweety: Lets party at home itself...Let's order food from outside...I will make home food for Luckyji..

Lucky doesn't mind. Rocky and Ginny are so happy and runs to inform their friends and family. They are so happy. They have finally got the result they wanted. They worked hard for it. They passed through situations where they had to make decisions. They have taken the right decisions. They now need to work even more harder to realise their dream.

Lucky and Sweety watch their kids happily. They have done their bit. They have guided them. They are happy seeing their children happy, seeing their kids successful.  

Ahluwalias are enjoying their dinner. It's been a long time that they had a happy dinner together.

Lucky: I am so happy today that I can't express it! So I am going to eat...only one [looks at sweets and then Sweety]

Sweety gives him a look and Lucky stops. Rocky and Ginny laughs.

Lucky: Rocky Singh Ji! [teases] If you are free this week..Can you help me in another deal? Please?

Rocky: Oh Come On Dad! What are you saying? I just made one deal...

Lucky: You know how long I took to make my first big deal? It took me years...

Rocky: Really? Why? What happened?

Lucky looks at Sweety who smiles.

Lucky: Long story...Where shall I start?

Sweety: Start from when you met me...

Lucky looks at her surprised. Rocky and Ginny get interested.

Ginny: First met? When?

Sweety: Your father was doing small work in his village. He used to visit my town from time to time. And one day...I and Pinky were going to the market when he came in his old cycle...

Rocky: CYCLE?

Lucky: Yes..Cycle...[laughs] and I saw your mother for the first time..[smiles] and lost my balance and hit the lamp post...

Ginny and Rocky: WHAT??!! [laughs]

Rocky: What a first impression Dad?

Sweety: [laughs] from that day...he used to visit frequently just to see me...[blushes]

Ginny: [curious] What did you do Ma?

Lucky: What else? Ignored me!!

Rocky: Then Then??

Sweety: It is not like I did not like your father that time...But...gradually I liked him...[little shy]

Lucky: I was actually scared of her from that time itself...she was very outspoken and confident..and she was going to college also...and I was..you know na..did not complete school itself...I was not sure what to do...

Ginny: How did you decide then?

Lucky: I knew I had to prove myself that I am suitable for her...So I decided to start my own business first...and become independent...

Sweety: By the time...My Papaji and your Dadaji met in a gathering and started speaking about our rishta...but your father was very strong on his decision...that he will reach a position in life and only then he will marry me...

Rocky: So you decided to wait?

Sweety: Of course...for good things to happen you need to wait patiently...I wanted to get married only to him...[smiles]

Lucky: Your mother helped me out lot of times in my work...I decided to go to Delhi and start business and she was very supportive of that decision also...[pauses] Even though she was educated she decided to stay home and take care of the house..

Ginny: But why? You could have gone for job too? Why did you decide to stay at home?

Sweety: Hmm..your father told me many times not to waste my education and use it...but I somehow felt my first duty was towards my house...and I need to be there at home...that will make our relation more strong..

Rocky: [amazed] Wow!! Then..how did you get married?

Sweety: Yes...when we both felt we were ready for the wedding..can take care of our living by ourselves...we told our parents and...got married..[smiles]

Ginny: So.. [confused] Yours a love marriage or arranged marriage?

Lucky: [laughs] I don't know...will never know perhaps...

Rocky: Hmm...and you would have made lot of important decisions after that also..right?

Sweety: Of course...but we made sure that we will respect and support each other's decision.

Lucky: That's why we keep reassuring you both that our support will be there for any decision of yours...

Ginny: Then? What about your deal?

Lucky: Oh yes...actually even when I married your mother...my business was not flourishing big..I was just able to manage the family..I was doing small deals only...for years I did not get a big deal...

Sweety: I remember..[thinking of old days] how your father will come home dejected...and will sit silently...

Lucky: [laughs] Yeah..I used to be even more calmer those days...[pauses] Sweetyji used to talk with me...will motivate me and support me..which gave me strength to work harder and then...[thinks] I think 1 year after our marriage I made my first big deal...

Rocky: [shocked] I Whole Year??!!!

Sweety: And then slowly...his business started growing...and now you see how big it is...

Rocky and Ginny are amazed hearing their parents. Rocky understands that when he makes any decision, he needs to strongly stand by it and work hard. He cannot give up. Ginny realises that she has to be patient and persist till she reaches her goal. She needs to take the support of her family and be strong mentally.

Lucky: Leave all the old stories...now that you both have got good results...I have decided to give you gifts..Tell what you want...

Ginny: [happily] GIFTS??

Rocky: Dad!! You are taking a huge risk by asking us...We will ask anything..[winks]

Sweety: Careful uh? Budget is limited...You know the expenses we went through...

Lucky: Arey Sweetyji...Don't start those topics again...Kids..You can ask anything...Just don't ask anything I can't get you...[smiles]

Rocky: Sochna Padega ab? Ipod hai..laptop hai..guitar hai..bike hai..[continues]

Ginny: [deep thinking] What to ask?? What? What? What?

The kids scratch their heads thinking what to ask. Lucky and Sweety happily looks at them and continues their dinner. Edited by Shwets1502 - 10 years ago