Thendral Tuesday- July 30, 2013

Posted: 10 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

sudasuda updt vijayam..great and thanks.
Thx for the update.

A total grr episode. Kadavule Mohan was acting to just make revathy get back home ! I did not expect it. His ego is pathetic. What revathy did can no way be justified ! With the exception of Padma everyone was kind to her in the house. Idhe pavi her own sister aa irundha will she fall in love with that guy. She acted extremely selfish without caring about the future of her SISTER(S). But Mohan's ego is pathetic. Epdilaam asingama he talks... he did not volunteer to take care of the gals when K mother passed away. It was a maana prechanai for him. Prabha help panna asingam nu oru potti la dhaan he brought them home. I think SK is also going threaten that he will kill himself.

TA is absolutely heartless when it comes to D. I want the jewel matter to burst soon. Appa irukku kutcheri sir ku.
I kind of suspected that Mohan was acting coz he didnt come outside when Revathi came back and he looked very sullen. Lol...now TA is so proud that everyone listened to his golden words and he managed to handle the situation so smoothly.Ahem!...wait till it blows in his face and he gets blamed by the SK family for 'lying' that they agreed to the wedding. 
Anyway, I somehow cant bring myself to feel for Revathi. They told her that she did wrong by leaving the house. But i think that agreeing to that stupid,spolit SK and giving in to his wooing was wrong, how she acted with Pavi was absolutely wrong,and how she claimed that they kept her in house arrest was very very wrong. 
You just don't start dating a guy who was in some way associated with someone in your family. It's as bad as going out with your best friend's prospective groom(even though pavi didnt have anything with SK) or going out with your sis's future fiance(just because the proposal didnt work out) !
 The one who irks me the most is SK! He thinks he's some kind of prince charming and he continously pursued her even when she was reluctant. And this stupid girl seems so childish to just melt like this. Also, I agree that the family seems a little over the top over the only son in the family and getting him what he wants.  Overall, their so called love is so childish. and cmon, how old is revathi? Why the hell are they getting those two married? She's at most 18 or 19??? It's all so immature, and I think perhaps it's good that those two idiots dont marry. Also, Mohan and Kalyani's relationship is affected by this stupid girl's doing. Kalyani was really finding a good footing in that house until this happened.

About TT's conversation, I wonder why T didnt mention that his bloody mother tortures her every single day by scolding and accusing and putting her down, and yet she acepts it and swallows everythign, but yet he's so concerned that Deepa's mum whom they dont even see everyday ,and what she might say to hurt T.
Edited by MaryAnne23 - 10 years ago
Thanks vijayam for the update. Vow , who would have thought about this twist. Mohan shocked me.
I was amazed at how he listened to Ta and even agreed to spend all the resources that was 
Allocated for Pavi on Revathy wedding( which I thought was OTT). But now comes the real
Mohan. Lol! He said he pretended in front of TA to grt himm off his back. He knows very well how
TA  tries to unite even couples who should not be united. 
I dont know how Revathy is going to handle all this. I would have approved if she just got arried and 
Not be a burden to Mohan and K, having taken the bold step of leaving the house. In a way I am 
Happy she is tortured a bit. Youngsters should not think they havevthe freedom to do anything
And then expect their family to back them when they are in trouble. This bloody SK who 
Brain washed Revathy into accompanying him  against the wishes of Kalyani and family, how 
Come he is talking about the blessings of Revathy's family? I can not stand his dialogue of
" ennala idai etthukka mudiyadu" . That means he is thevdeciding authority. He will break all norms
And keep pursueding  a helpless girl. Go to her house and drag her out without caring about the
Predicament Kalyani is going to face in that house. But every thing should happen 
according to his wishes. Right now even I dont want this marriage happening. Revaty is not a toy that
SK 's loving parents want get their son at any cost. If that rascal has the guts he should have 
Married her then and there after getting Revaty out.
Thanks Jaya for the updates.

Not surprising that Mohan was acting but more surprising what happened to brave Kal.  This director is killing Kals & Deepa's character to the max.

I never liked Thuls & TA's character from the begining from day one and till now my mind have not changed.  Both are selfish, egostic, cry baby (Thuls), TA- MCP.   Grrr...
@caryn , you are so right about T and Ta. I never liked Ta after He rescued T from Vel. I have stopped liking T also forvthe past one year. I want to see Ta falling flat on his face when he learns about 
Mohan's intention. He thought no end of himself.
thanks for the updates.. 

Thanks Jayashree for the nice update. All of you have given beautiful comments.  All of your comments on SK and Revathi are good ones. Definitely they both acted very immaturely.

How was the behavior of Mohan and Kalyani? Mohan has to be more responsible as he is the sole earning member of the family. We all believed Kalyani is a responsible person. But is this the way to behave? What both did was blackmail. Any person who loves another person will not threaten suicide. And a person who talks about suicide is does not deserve to be listened to.  If Mohan and Kalyani don't want this marriage to happen they had better ways to deal with the situation. Can't Kalyani be more caring, compassionate, gentle and understanding to her sister? Now what will happen? Revathi because of threat could drive SK away but she will have deep resentment towards Kalyani which will affect the relationship sometimes in future. This is the type of a girl who falls prey to a possible womanizer as she is not getting any understanding from the elders in her home.

As far Kalyani why is she also degraded? Or is it the way of life of woman after marriage? As the trend goes, it will happen Thulasi won't go for job. Sudha is the only woman who asserts independence in this serial after marriage. That she could do because she does a lot for financial responsibilities of herself and her family. TPS was degraded when she joined Laxman. We know what is happening to Deepa. She is well-supported by VR. Otherwise she would have also become a doormat.

As much as I may not agree with young people marrying so young, I feel compelled to defend SK and R. The argument can be made that R did not feel welcomed at Padma's house. Kal did nothing to protect her sisters from P's wrath nor did she make much of an attempt to prevent Padma from acting like a GW. Kal's main focus was her life, Mohan's peace of mind and the perseverance of her MIL's family. It is easy to see why R may have felt rejected and alone in this type of family situation (I recall an instance when R is asking Thuls, if she can live with them). 😡

At this point, it is easy to see why a girl like R would fall for a boy like SK. Not only did SK choose her, he puts her before everyone else...a feeling R hasn't had, since the death of her mother. As much as Mohan's family looks after R, they also regard her as a burden (as seen by Padma constantly reminding Kal & co. that her son was generous enough to take R and her sister in). This probably led R to develop an inferiority complex of sorts, which tends to make her act out against anyone who she believes to be against her...like Pavi. To R, Pavi is living, what she (R) can never have...Pavi has a caring family, affectionate parents, a doting brother & sister-in-law...R has none of these thing in her life. Yes she has her sister, but even her sister would take the side of her in-laws instead of her sisters. 😡

The way I see it, R is in the same boat Thuls was in, at the beginning of the series. While Thuls is the epitome of patience and virtue and had Paati by her side, R has no one...and as such, is prone to behaving more irrationally. She couldn't help falling in love and it's unfair of that family to force her to sacrifice her love for the sake of "family maanam" (whatever that means). What Mohan and Kal should have done was talk to SK's parents and hammer out concrete conditions with regards to the potential proposal (such as: no marriage till R is finished school or till Pavi is married or till SK can prove himself to be self-controlled etc). 😡 

And on this topic, I don't blame SK's parents; they are trying to do the right thing...they want their son to be happy...which is something that has been noticeably absent in this serial since the passing of Paati and Kal's mom. Is SK immature? Yes. But again, do we really have any control over who we fall in love with? No. He is sincere in his love and his intent to marry R, is applaudable...his methods on the other hand, not so much. But then again, considering all that we have seen in this serial (i.e. temple marriages, nethi-kaadan marriages, threatening suicide marriages), the fact that he is even willing to consider getting the approval of the R's family is mind-boggling. He had every right to be as unreasonable as Mohan, and yet he chose to listen to his dad, TA and R. He made the right decision to listen to his elders. He maybe rash and impulsive, but his heart is in the right place...unfortunately, he doesn't have the brains to back it up. 😡 

This Mohan however, really irritates me...if hitting him was that big of an offence, why is TA still alive and walking? When it's his blood relative (i.e. Thuls), there is no "maanam problem", but if it's Kal's sister, then it is? What kind of logic is this? And to think TA even cracked his skull open in the middle of the road, yet no "maanam problem" occurred then. And this Kal...why couldn't she have pointed out Mohan's thiruvilayadals? How is SK any more of a rascal then Mohan used to be? As far as we know, SK isn't an alcoholic nor is he using drugs. Mohan can expect Kal to forgive all his misdemeanours and accept him, but he can't do the same with SK? What is Mohan, a special snowflake and everyone else, dirt? 😡

This sentiment runs in the family apparently, as Thuls too is back to begging and pleading mode. There is one thing I don't understand, why does she need TA's permission to talk to her best friend? Why is TA's input even necessary? Did Thuls forget all the times D stood up for her, even when her own parents told D not too? Did Thuls forget all the times D bore GW & Lav's gutter mouths for Thuls' sake? If at all these junctions, TA did nothing...then why should Thuls get his permission? TA can be friends with Joseph, even after all the drogams he did, but Thuls shouldn't talk to D because D's parents insulted him...what kind of logic is this? One thing is for sure, TA's BILs are all exactly the same. 😡

Urgh, and even after all this trash, I'm still being updated on this serial. Thanks a lot to all the updaters, because you guys are the reason I still watch this show. Sorry for writing so much, but I just felt the need to address the inconsistent characterization of these characters. Honestly, at this point in the game, I would have preferred if SK and R ran away, got married, lived happily ever after or whatever...just so we wouldn't have to witness a non-brave Kal, crazy Mohan, gutter mouthed Padma and always crying R. Seriously, I thought Prabha alone was enough of a psycho on this show, but clearly the director intends for everyone who is not THULS, to be crazy. 😡  

P.S. Sorry for this LONG rant. I have't written a comment this long, in a long time.