Pavitra Rishta

Why are they living in a chawl?W pg.4

Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Ekta Kapoor makes a mockery of the lower middle class by allowing the Deshmukh's to live in a chawl. Who in their right mind would not leave and if they didn't leave, wouldn't they at least set up a system to provide running water for the entire tenement? And seriously, where does everyone sleep and put their stuff? Sachin is a lawyer and he doesn't even have a home office? Just a laptop - no printer? And the rest of the family - where do they put their stuff? And they have one bathroom without indoor plumbing and we don't even know if there is an indoor toilet. 

It's an insult to poor people to suggest that this is how you should still live once you have the financial means to move ahead. 
Edited by devashree_h - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pallavi25 thumbnail
Its supposed to be noble of Manav to live there inspite of being a millionaire! ðŸ˜† 
Simple Living, High Thinking! ðŸ˜³

Actually, I also often wonder abt the water supply and indoor plumbing in those chawls. Ive never lived in Mumbai so have no idea abt how these places work? Are they like flat systems? One bedroom, 2 bedroom, 3 bedroom flats? But why no running water? And what abt running water and toilets in bathrooms?
I think their bathrooms do have running water but the water they collect in buckets below, is clean water for drinking and cooking. 
Can anybody here supply some more info abt the chawls? I would like to know abt them. 
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
How does that make it noble? Nobility is making the lives of those in his chawl better by renovatingthe water system for them. Living in a chawl doesn't do anything for anyone. Edited by Laila2009 - 10 years ago
ashfaque2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Actually Ekta mata has been face big financial trouble. So not possible to leave this chawl. If ARMAN family shift big house like Arjun house then need more money spent. She has now no money. So till end PR they will stay this chawl. But I have no interest this thing. When ARVI will united & after ASHVIK will quit for stupid, nonsense & horrible leap sake I also quit this PR. Edited by ashfaque2012 - 10 years ago
-LiveLaughLove- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yahi to PR land hai. To be quite honest I do not know anything about chawls so I will not comment. But what frazzles me is how easily Teju Ovi lived the chawl life from living in Canada in a big mansion where they had ample space and running water.
pallavi25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Laila2009

How does that make it noble? Nobility is making the lives of those in his chawl better by renovatingthe water system for them. Living in a chawl doesn't do anything for anyone. 

Ask Ekta Mata...I have no idea why its noble to live in a chawl without any amenities when u have millions to make the chawl better.
 But I believe Manav had tried to rebuild the chawl 18 yrs ago, when Archu and some chawlwallahs went to court against the project. According to Ekta, chawl people dont want running water or improvements, or modernization of their chawls. Go Figure! 
She wants her show's chawl wasis to stay put while she buys Louis Vuitton bags for herself with the money she makes from these stupid, insane shows. ðŸ˜†
pallavi25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ashfaque2012

Actually Ekta mata has been face big financial trouble. So not possible to leave this chawl. If ARMAN family shift big house like Arjun house then need more money spent. She has now no money. So till end PR they will stay this chawl. But I have no interest this thing. When ARVI will united & after ASHVIK will quit for stupid, nonsense & horrible leap sake I also quit this PR.

Actually Ekta is a big cheapskate! She doesnt spend money on sets and costumes, she even asks actors to wear their own dresses sometimes. Thats how she makes crores profits for herself and Balaji. 

She can easily get another mansion or at least a nice bungalow for the Deshmukhs. 
But in order to preserve the original PR theme of Manav as the poor mechanic, she has to show that he still lives in the same chawl after returning from Canada as a millionaire. Thats Ekta style logic! ðŸ˜†
ampliphy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
They live in the chawl with no running water because of Archana. Manav wanted to upgrade the place but all she could think about was "memories".  She enjoys fetching water.   She wouldn't know running water if it turned on and showered on her face.

Ekta really needs to make some sense out of this.  How in the world do Manav, Archana, Purvi, Pari, Savita, Damodar, Sachin, Teju, Soham and Sundari all live in a 2 bedroom home?  seriously.
ashfaque2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ampliphy

They live in the chawl with no running water because of Archana. Manav wanted to upgrade the place but all she could think about was "memories".  She enjoys fetching water.   She wouldn't know running water if it turned on and showered on her face.

Ekta really needs to make some sense out of this.  How in the world do Manav, Archana, Purvi, Pari, Savita, Damodar, Sachin, Teju, Soham and Sundari all live in a 2 bedroom home?  seriously.

We never expect any good thing this stupid & insane woman EK.
pallavi25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ampliphy

😆😆 Yes, I think Soham and Sachin are sleeping on couches in the living room. Sundari sleeps in the kitchen. Savita and Damo have one bedroom, Archu and Manav have 2nd bedroom, and Purvi and Teju probably share the 3rd bedroom.
 Seriously, are there any 3 bedroom chawls in Mumbai? I thought they were more like tenement style with max 2 bedrooms.