•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
Was reading the old reviews of Parvarrish and realized that the show lost its magic'it didn't have that bang affect that it did before
I just wanted to go over the reasons to why parvarrish doesn't have that affect and why it's ending so fast.. I actually expected it to run for atleast 3-4 years, it had a great plot and an awesum star cast!!!
Parvarrish had an average TRP of 2.0 + but slowly began to go down and just wasn't able to come bak/ grow!! The show opened with a TRP of 2.3.. one of the highest opening TRPs of a show on Sony TV.. and then even went on to 2.8-2.9.. this show was in the top 10 quite a few times, but its ending with a TRP of 0.8.. which I find very disappointing..
Some reasons for low TRPs are..

• tracks were being dragged way too much
  •  It wasn't as realistic as it was before.. to much drama
  •  Imtiaz Punjabi was a great director..the new directors just weren't able to bring out the best from the characters the way he did.. many of you probably did notice the difference the show wasn't the same without Imtiaz Punjabi
  • show kinda went off the plot of Parvarrish.. being real and simple..
  • Ahujas (raavi) took over the spot light
  • Ahluwalias werent shown enough.. they didnt get many serious tracks!!
  • The epic, funny dialogues were missing.. really missed Sweety's funny dialogues for example the aunty ji scene and the shut up scene!!
  • Light hearted and funny scenes were missing.. for example scenes like the  DANGER AMMA ones  were missing  
  • Leap wasn't needed.. it did bring a refreshing change but it didn't help in the TRPs.. and also the show didn't really show much about the new age.. I personally preferred Parvarrish- Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi
  •   Loud Sweety was missing
  • Ginny was missing
  • Focused more on Raavi and Rocky
  • To many love tracks
  • The freshness was lost
  • Sweety- Lucky scenes were missing!
  • Lost its realism factor

Anyways I'm really going to miss this show.. a lot. it was very close to me.. it was one of the best shows ever on Indian Television

PS- sorry for the long post, was going to post before but didnt have time... and sorry if I offended anyone!! Edited by 100prabh - 10 years ago
100%  agree                                                                                                                                                            the show itself only has one proper SERIOUS track...the FARMHOUSE track...at that time trp reached at 2.8.                                                                                                                                                                  & the makers themselves said it was a show without SAAS BAHU drama   but  they bring the mother in law concept &  same TRADITIONAL scences started...from there this show started lost its charm  i think...                                                                                                                                                               lastly the makers always show SWEETY in a very NAGETIVE WAY(from very first episode)& always show her as a TANTRAM QUEEN...always she has to COMPROMISE with her kids...always SHE was gulty(ravis 2 boyfriend tracks,mandira track, MIL track, rock'y's girlfriend track,two SISTER'S fight track)
Edited by subhadip2013 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by subhadip2013

100% agree                                                                                                                the show itself only has one proper SERIOUS track...the FARMHOUSE track...at that time trp reached at 2.8.                                                                                                                                                                  & the makers themselves said it was a show without SAAS BAHU drama   but  they bring the mother in law concept &  same TRADITIONAL scences started...from there this show started lost its charm  i think...                                                                                                                                                               lastly the makers always show SWEETY in a very NAGETIVE WAY(from very first episode)& always show her as a TANTRAM QUEEN...always she has to COMPROMISE with her kids...always SHE was gulty(ravis 2 boyfriend tracks,mandira track, MIL track, rock'y's girlfriend track,two SISTER'S fight track)
I think the leap was a good idea but they didnt "leap enough"

they really should have fast forwarded to show them closer to 20/21 and the issues of raising adult children

that would have been more interesting

The show lost its magic when they stopped balancing the families. Ahujas started getting more importance and more serious tracks and there were no parallel tracks for Ahluwalias then. They started showing over the top tracks and lost focus on realistic ones. Drama quotient went high and tracks started getting dragged. 

The concept behind every track had been wonderful but the failed in execution. Even after having great actors, they failed to utilise them. 

I am..in a way...glad they have ended as I could not see the show going down every day
the show lost its magic once all the attention and focus was given to raavi...i am sorry to say but there was too much raavi...it was really good in the beginning...then they started dragging it ...