||Junior Masterchef India-Article Archive|| - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago

Young chefs want to cook for Bollywood superstars

Young chefs want to cook for Bollywood superstars
Vansh
Armed with spatulas, pots and pans, the ustaads of the first season of 'Junior MasterChef Swaad Ke Ustaad' have already geared up to showcase their creativity to judges, chefs Vikas Khanna, Kunal Kapoor and Surjan Singh Jolly. TOI asked some of the kids who their favourite stars are and what they'd like to cook for them:

Vansh Bajaj: I would love to make Hara Bhara Kamaal Dhanoo Bemisal for Shah Rukh Khan. The dish is most loved by Dhanoo (that is my tummy) and I am sure Shah Rukh uncle will also love it

Eva Lalwani: I love Katrina, she looks just like Cinderella, one of my favourite fairytale characters. I would love to bake a princess cake for her, decorated with flowers and melting chocolates.

Sakshi Tiwari: I would present Ranbir uncle authentic Lucknowi Malai Paneer. I would like to invite him to my hometown Lucknow and take him to all the wonderful eateries to taste the chaats over Barfi!

Soham Raje: I would like to make Chicken Dabangg for my favourite hero Salman Khan. But before I make him taste it, I would love to dance with him on Hud Hud Dabangg.

Amul Presents Junior MasterChef Swaad Ke Ustaad premieres tonight at 9 on Star Plus.

Chef Kunal Kapur can't stand tears!

Chef Kunal Kapur can't stand tears!
Chef Kunal KapoorMore Pics
Chef Kunal Kapur who is known for his blunt feedback, seems to have mellowed down. The reason for this change is kids but also because he is for the first time dealing with so many of them. Kunal who is a veteran on Masterchef is very happy with this change in himself.

Recently while shooting for Junior Masterchef Swaad Ke Ustaad, Chef Kunal's emotions took an upper hand when one of the contestants started crying at the cooking stations. Sakshi who oozed out tears because of her dish, melted the heart of Chef Kunal. While she wasn't confident to finish the dish in time, Kunal boosted the moral of the twelve years old and put in a word of confidence.

"I have always been very strict about food and feedback but these contestants have melted my heart. They are so good and it's an amazing feeling to watch the tiny hands chop vegetable so finely. The credit of this change in my totally goes out to these wonderful small packets of joy. My heart melts to watch any of these kids cry, as they are all doing great cooking, which even a full grown chef would find difficult. We are all very proud of these little chefs", confessed an elated Chef Kunal Kapur.

Kids teach chefs on Junior Masterchef

Kids teach chefs on Junior Masterchef
Chef Vikas Khanna, Chef Surjan Singh Jolly, Chef Kunal Kapur from Junior-Swaad Ke Ustaad More Pics
It is very well said that teaching can never be one sided affair and the set Star Plus' Junior Masterchef Swaad Ke Ustaad is a living example.
While the Chefs of a gala time judging the contestant and teaching them innovations, it seems they are also learning a lot from the While the some of the contestants are coming up with very unique dishes, there are a few that are coming with some crazy talent.

Soham who hails from Mumbai is very popularly known are Salman Khan on the set. This is not because how he dresses up but because how he talks with everyone. The talented contestant, who has a very good hand at the flavors, is very often found teaching the chef acting. This is not all another contestant Pummi who hails from Lucknow who is known for her talent of whistle.

Chef Surjan Singh Jolly who couldn't whistle took special training for this food ki Ustaad.

Rival Site News...!!!!

Young contestants teach their smart tricks to judges in Star Plus' Junior MasterChef

It is very well said that teaching can never be an one sided affair and the set of Star Plus' Junior Masterchef Swaad Ke Ustaad (Colesceum Media Pvt Ltd) is a living example to this proverb.

While the Chefs are enjoying a gala time judging the super talented young contestants and teaching them how to innovate, it seems they are also learning a lot from them. As already seen in the first episode last weekend, the smart kids gave the judges a really tough time.

While some of the contestants are coming up with very unique dishes, there are a few that are coming with some crazy talent. Soham who hails from Mumbai is very popularly known as Salman Khan on the sets of the show.

This is not because he dresses up like the Dabbang star but because of his uncanny resemblance with the star's way of talking. The talented contestant, who has a very good hand at the flavors, is very often seen giving the judges some acting tips.

This is not the end, another contestant Pummi who hails from Lucknow is known for her talent of whistling. Chef Surjan Singh Jolly who couldn't whistle till now has started taking special training from this food ki Ustaad.

Looks like the judges will definitely have a great time with the kids more than these tots themselves.
Keep reading Tellychakkar.com for more such interesting dopes from the show.

Rakshabandhan special episode to see Junior MasterChefs cooking delicacies for Veera

Special integration episodes of shows airing on the same channel are commonplace now. Treading on the identical path, contestants of Junior MasterChef will make a special appearance in Star Plus' Veer Ki Ardaas Veera (Beyond Dreams Productions).

A source informs that Ranvi (Bhavesh Balchandani) who has realised that his sister Veera (Harshita Ojha) will have to go away with her grandparents will decide to make her birthday and Rakhi a unique affair.

This is when the talented little kids of the culinary reality show will come in to make Veera feel special and have a blast together. The kids will play games and also enjoy a quick cooking session. Accompanying the kids will be the last season's winner of MasterChef India, Ripudaman Handa.

Well, as informed by the source, Veera will give out a list of her favourite dishes to the young cooking experts and they will be delighted to fulfill the wishes of the cute birthday girl. A huge cake will be baked along with her favourite sweets as a treat.

When we caught up with the charming doll she was all glad to be treated like a princess. "The kids along with Ripu bhaiya were really nice to me. They made my favourite cake and Veerji gave me a nice bag as my birthday gift along with other nice presents," she chirped.

Also the cute little sister will be tying a rakhi to her brother, as per the plot, as her birthday is on the same day and the most precious day for them.

Talking about the day Harshita adds, "I really love the day since I get a lot of gifts from my brother. Last year I got a Barbie and I am looking forward to get gifts this year too."

Well, gear up for this fun Rakhshabandhan special episode on Wednesday 21 August (2013).

Girl participates in Masterchef, 10 days after mom's death

Girl participates in Masterchef, 10 days after mom's death
Harshika Joshi, 9, with the judges on

Junior MasterChef
The Kolkata auditions for Junior MasterChef witnessed a rather poignant moment when nine-year-old Harshika Joshi, one of the aspirants, revealed her reason for being on the show. Harshika said that she was participating in the show to fulfill her mother's last wish. Her mom had passed away barely 10 days before the auditions.

She got emotional when she shared some fond memories of her mother, who is her inspiration to cook. Harshika said she was determined to win the show to honour her mother's dream.

The three chefs - Vikas Khanna, Kunal Kapoor and Surjan Singh Jolly - were touched by the little one's courage and culinary talent, she bowled them over with a French dessert. They even danced with her to lighten the mood. The boot-camp episode - the final leg of the auditions - starts this Sunday. It will see 36 top little chefs between the ages of eight and 12 battling it out.

Junior MasterChef Swaad Ke Ustaad airs tonight at 9 on Star Plus.

Junior Masterchef Kids celebrate Janmashtami

Junior Masterchef Kids celebrate Janmashtami
Masterchef Junior at Iskon TempleMore Pics

True to its style, the notorious bunch of Junior MasterChef - Swaad Ke Ustaad celebrated Janmashtami in all gusto today at RadhaGopinath Temple, ISKCON ( Internation Society For Krishna Consciouness) Girgaon Chowpatty Temple , Mumbai.

Along with Chef Vikas Khanna, Kunal Kapoor and Surjan Singh Jolly, the contestants prepared special delicious 'Makhan Bhog' offering on the occasion of the birth of lord Krishna and danced to his hymns. The bhog specially created for their favorite God was donated to the midday meal run by ISKON.

The first ever season of Junior MasterChef has garnered quite a fanfare already. With their amazing culinary talent, these little protegees have not only scored points with judges but also managed to win the hearts of the viewers. The kids are surely leaving no stone unturned in demonstrating their innate talent and pleasing the God himself!

Chef Vikas associated with three seasons of Masterchef India said, "It feels great to be part of Junior Masterchef Swaad Ke Ustaad. Isn't it wonderful that at this tender age they feel responsible not only in MasterChef kitchen but even here today with us, preparing an offering of 51 kg makkhan to Nandlala on the eve of his birth. These children are absolutely amazing and I am completely blown away by their creativity and spirit."

Don't judge them by their age as these little chefs are capable of creating nothing less than a storm in the Master Chef Kitchen! Expect lots of new energy, innocent battles and be prepared to see some spectacularly stunning skills on display by these tiny tots.
31St August,2013

Junior Masterchef gets a bright new colorful set!

This year Junior Masterchef India Swaad Ke Ustaad has a beautiful colorful set made for the bright junior masterchefs on the show.

Junior Masterchef India Swaad Ke Ustaad on Star Plus, the cooking reality show for kids which started from 17th August, has been an  entertainment  package for the viewers with it's content and the spectacular cooking skills by the small wonders a.k.a the kids of India.

In the weekend episodes of the show so far we saw the audition round taking place, out of which they have selected the top 10 cooking expert kids from all over India. Hence from the upcoming episodes of the show, we will get to see their cooking skills as the battle to win begins from this weekend.

We got to know that apart from the black and brown and last year's green painted walls along with beautiful paintings on it is being replaced by a very colorful set for the junior master chefs in the show. Even the master chef logo is changed to the combination of red, yellow and green color unlike the black color logo was kept in the past seasons.

The vibrant and bright colors add to the beauty of the set and are a treat to the eye when one watches the show. Also it will it add to the enthusiasm  of the kids as they love colors very much. The sentence 'Colors add to the beauty of things' stands true here.

TellyBuzz gets to you some exclusive pictures of the Junior Masterchef India Swad Ke Ustaad show and the set which looks absolutely amazing. To watch this beautiful set and the amazing cooking talent of the kids don't miss to watch Junior Masterchef!

Rajnikanth dosa on Star Plus' Junior MasterChef

If SRK dedicates a song Lungi dance from his film to the legendary actor Rajnikanth, can Junior MasterChef kids be left behind.

Recently, the top ten contestants were presented with a huge dosa for a "taste" test challenge. While everyone was amazed at the length of the dosa, Mumbai boy Soham revealed his naughty self to all.

Soham, named Singham, couldn't control his excitement and started calling out to the six Lungi men on stage to attract their attention. This is not all; the contestants along with Soham started singing the popular Lungi dance and began dancing when they entered into the Kitchen and named the dosa after Rajnikanth.

"When I saw the huge dosa I was sure only Rajnikanth sir could finish such a huge 15 feet long dosa in one go! We have named the dosa after him and hopefully if we get to meet him one day, we would like to make this dosa for him," said Soham.

The episode will air this weekend!!!

When Bharti Singh became the Kitchen Buddy!

Comedian Bharti Singh was the guest at the Junior Masterchef's kitchen today, who not only entertained the kids with her comic skills but also helped them in their kitchen task.

The very talented comedian Bharti Singh who is currently seen in the Optimystix Productions weekly comedy show Comedy Circus Ke Mahabali on Sony, made a visit in the cookery show Junior Masterchef India Swaad Ke Ustaad on Star Plus, as a special guest.

As we all know that Bharti Singh is known for her comic skills and humor, hence taking the advantage of the same she entertained the kids and also helped them during their kitchen task.

Our source informed us, "Bharti entertained the little cute contestants as well as the judges of the show. She gelled up with the kids and had a fun time with them and learn't some cooking skills from the talented kids."

Well she was also the kitchen buddy for the kids today, "As according to the concept of the show kids are not allowed to fry anything on the show. If they need to, then they have a kitchen buddy who helps them with their work. Following the same this time the kitchen buddy was Bharti, who did her work pretty well. The kids were pleased with Bharti."

That's not all! She gave some funny names to the contestants, "Bharti gave each and every contestants the names related to vegetables namely gaajar, matar etc. She called them with these funny names throughout and not with their real names, which made the kids laugh. It seemed that the kids had a gala time with Bharti."

After knowing this, I am sure that the kids must have had a great time with Bharti Singh! On the same we also tried contacting Bharti Singh to know more, but she was unavailable for any comments.