Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Ripudaman doles out health tips to junior chefs

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/thumb/msid-22692203,width-300,resizemode-4/Ripudaman.jpg

If he is a cooking champ, Ripudaman Handa, winner of "MasterChef - Kitchen Ke Superstar", is equally good at health tips and shares them with the contestants of "Junior MasterChef".

"Ripu has been giving fitness training to the contestants of 'Junior MasterChef'. He makes them do basic workouts, so that they can be fit," a source from the production house told IANS.

The 23-year-old is a gym trainer.

The show, " Junior MasterChef - Swaad Ke Ustaad", which originally started with 10 contestants, now has eight. Chefs Vikas Khanna, Kunal Kapoor and Surjan Singh Jolly judge the show which airs on Star Plus.
Proud-India thumbnail

'Junior MasterChef' contestant feels blessed  ...

'Junior MasterChef' contestant feels blessed

He is all of 12, but "Junior MasterChef - Swaad Ke Ustaad" contestant Sarthak Bhardwaj loves to cook up new dishes, and believes he is already improving his culinary skills.

"I am blessed that everyone appreciates my cooking talent and always encourages me with kind words. I have found a new family and made some great friends on 'Junior MasterChef'," Bhardwaj said in a statement.

He says "it's a huge responsibility on my shoulders" as people "trust my cooking and have lots of expectations from me". But he isn't scared of losing.

"Even if I don't go far I have already enhanced my culinary skills through this memorable journey of 'Junior MasterChef'," Sarthak said in a statement.

Most young contestants on the show often prefer to partner with him in the tasks assigned to them.

"Recently while shooting for the special Rainbow cake episode, the girls - Sanya, Pummi, Sakshi and Harshieka had to choose their partners for the task and without thinking twice, the girls were heard screaming for Sarthak to join them," said a source from the show.

No wonder then that chef Vikas Khanna, who is judging the show, refers to him as the "new age Krishna" on the show. The Star Plus show is also co-judged by Kunal Kapoor and Surjan Singh Jolly.
Proud-India thumbnail

Masterchef India - Chef Vikas Khanna loved to be a farmer | Exclusive interview

Mumbai: Small screen's cooking reality show "Amul Junior Masterchef Swaad Ke Ustaad" is getting popular day by day. Recently we get in touch with one of the most stunning judges of the show, Vikas Khanna, whose appealing persona makes girls to go on knees and the magic in his hand that he pour in the food that spread a delightful aroma in the air and compels one eat even without hunger.

The popular chef Vikas gets candid with Pardaphash and shares some interesting facts about his life with us.

Nilofar: Have you desired to become a chef or any incident motivated you to step forward in this field?
Vikas: I just wanted to cook as a child. I think the only way I could express myself was through my food. I started very early by opening a small banquet facility in the back of my house.

Nilofar: Have you ever been inspired by someone for cooking?
Vikas: I was always inspired by my Grandmother. She taught me the purpose and reverence of food. But, as I traveled West, I worked with several Michelin Star chefs who have inspired my cooking.

Nilofar: How difficult was the journey of a common man (you) to become a celeb?
Vikas: I think being famous is just a small part of the subject that being useful. I would rather be known as someone who educates America about India and its foods. The journey has been long and full of failures and a few successes. But every time I failed, I learnt an important lesson. But if it was not such a long road, I would have never felt the weight of it too.

Nilofar: You are still unmarried, are you waiting for your Miss Right?
Vikas: Every time I am in a relationship its always about balancing my time between the person and my work. It becomes hard for women to see someone so single dimensional and always working and less time for personal life. But, now I have surely slowed down. Hopefully that brings Miss Right soon.

Nilofar: As per Hi-Blitz Magazine, you are in the list of "India's Top 50 beautiful" and "People magazine" considered you as "The sexiest man alive 2011", how you feel?
Vikas: I think they gave these tags to Indian food. I surely think its Sexy and beautiful. I just become a medium of it. I think I am a simple guy from Amritsar who dreamt of living his life in the kitchen.

Nilofar: You have maximum number female fan following as they are die-hard fan of yours, so, tell us something about your dream girl?
Vikas: I love women who express themselves open heartedly and feel comfortable in their skin and be proud of their heritage.

Nilofar: You love to make food for others, but which is your favorite dish?Vikas: I love plain daal (any kind).

Nilofar: How is your chemistry with your co-judges of Masterchef India?
Vikas: I love them, in every season we had the opportunity to work with new people, which brings new inspirations and learning experiences. I love working with them all.

Nilofar: How much it is difficult to judge children in Masterchef India Junior?
Vikas: Kids are easier to work with, they have more positivity and less baggage. I think they grow and learn too fast. Its their imagination that surprises us in the kitchen all the time.

Nilofar: Any moment during Masterchef, which has touched your heart?
Vikas: When Sarthak was talking about his small restaurant with his mother "Maggi Point", it made me think about my little banquets "Lawrence Garden" with my Mother. It was heartwarming to hear his experiences.

Nilofar: What you would have loved to be if not a chef?
Vikas: I loved to be a farmer, I would eventually do that soon. Its about the sacred relationship of earth and sun.
Proud-India thumbnail

'MasterChef' kitchen treats all equally, says Rishi Desai

'MasterChef' kitchen treats all equally, says Rishi Desai
MasterChef 5 Rishi Desai

"MasterChef Australia" Season 5 contestant Rishi Desai enjoys being on the reality show as it familiarises him with diverse cuisine and the best part is that every one gets equal treatment on it.

As many as 22 contestants from countries like the UK, Indonesia, Australia and India are participating in the show to exhibit their culinary skills.

"They treat everyone the same. It doesn't matter where you are from. We had people from diverse backgrounds on the show. We all learn from each other," Desai told IANS in a telephonic interview.

Desai gives Indian touch to his dishes.

"What I did on the show was to take my Indian flavours and make them modern. I convert them into modern Indian fine dining experience," he said.

Hailing from Kolhapur district in Maharashtra, he attributes his cooking talent to his mom.

"I have been cooking as far as I remember. I learnt to cook while cooking. I saw my mother cooking and I took a lot of learning from there. I also entered one of those cooking challenges when I was 10-11 years old and won the second prize," he said.

"My mother always cooked different things. Everyone in my family liked different things. I loved mutton, my cousin sister did not eat non-vegetarian food. And my mother catered for everyone," he said and added that he was introduced to lots of cuisine early in his life.

What makes "MasterChef" different is its deadline that lead to high pressure.

"Pressure comes with the territory. I learned to absorb the pressure and do what I liked to do on the show," the 35-year-old said.

Desai is now "writing" a cookery book that will have Indian recipes.

"It will be a modern Indian cookbook and will have a modern take on Indian traditional recipes. Also, I have pop up restaurants. A pop up restaurant is when you hire a place and cater for people. It is by invite only," he said. 😛
Proud-India thumbnail

Bharti gives Vikas Khanna a bite!

Bharti gives Vikas Khanna a bite!
Bharti gives a bite to Vikas Khanna

More Pics
Curiously looking around, smiling ear to ear, replying to every glance, Judge and Chef Vikas Khanna had this reaction when he saw Bharti on the set of Junior Masterchef Swaad Ke Ustaad.

It was a laugher riot on the sets with Bharti visiting Junior Master Chef for her love Vikas. Chef Vikas on the other hand was convinced that he would get bombarded with the flirtatious attention from comedienne and be the focal point of her antics.

The comedian who is known for her comic timing set the house on fire with her random punches at Vikas Khanna. Looking at this even the contestants couldn't resist but tease them while they made casual conversations.

Vikas was later taken a back when it revealed that she had observed a fast for him and would only break it once the contestants had cooked vrat ka khana for her. The drama didn't end at this; Bharti also insisted that she would only break the fast if her "Vikku"fed her. An embarrassed Vikas agreed to her request but ended up getting a small bite on his finger from the naughty actress.

Everyone including Vikas was in splits on the set. Vikas affirmed the incident and said, "It was a huge surprise when I saw Bharti on the sets. She is hilarious and I can't even begin to describe the talent that she has. She really enjoyed the food and the contestants had a blast."
Proud-India thumbnail

Kids to cook for Bharti Singh 😛

Kids to cook for Bharti Singh
Sakshi Tripathi with her mother
Guest stars, mystery boxes and last-minute challenges will find their way into Junior MasterChef this weekend. The upcoming episode will see the contestants attempting a Phool Aur Kaante task, which will unfold in two parts.

In the first part, Phool, the young chefs will have to cook a unique dish with flowers from the MasterChef's garden. In the Kaante part, which will be the last 20 minutes of the task, parents will have to resume cooking on their children's behalf, but without a brief on what was being prepared by the kids.

The Sunday episode will see the contestants make a unique vrat thali. This will be presented to stand-up comedienne Bharti Singh, who will be seen observing a fast for Chef Vikas Khanna. This task will see four kids trying to create an international cuisine, using desi fasting ingredients.

Junior MasterChef Swaad Ke Ustaad airs tonight and tomorrow at 9pm on Star Plus.
Proud-India thumbnail

Sarthak is the first Junior MasterChef

Sarthak is the first Junior MasterChef

Sarthak Bhardwaj, the young boy from Dehradun, has become the first Indian Junior MasterChef.

He outperformed his co-contestants on Star Plus' show to lift the trophy and prize money. He started cooking at age nine to help his mother, who runs a small stall serving noodles to students in Dehradun. In an episode, Chef Vikas Khanna even said that Sarthak reminds him of his younger days and his journey is similar to his.

Says the source, "Sarthak is a very talented cook and loves to experiment. He is gifted when it comes to cooking."

Sarthak was popular as Kishan Kanhaiyya because all girls wanted him in their teams. According to him, his expertise lies in South Indian food. He had told us earlier that he will use the prize money to make his restaurant more efficient.
Proud-India thumbnail

Emanuel Chauhan cooks up a storm in Navi Mumbai

Emanuel Chauhan cooks up a storm in Navi Mumbai
Master Chef- Junior Cook At Navi mumbai

Nine-year-old Emanuel --- one of the five finalists on Junior MasterChef --- has become a local hero.

The Kharghar resident, who studies in the 4th grade at Ryan International, is one of the most popular contestants on the show, thanks to his innovative cooking ideas. He has travelled the length and breadth of India as well as some parts of the world and this has made him very passionate about cooking. "I am a foodie, which is why I am obviously interested in cooking too. I do not enjoy the regular dal-chawal... my craving for something special in every dish is the key," says Emanuel.

The youngster loves experimenting with food and gives every dish his own twist. For the auditions, he prepared a very fancy steam fish with spinach corn roll and served it with Lebanese and spicy soya chilli dip. No wonder then he was among the 86 who were selected from more than 3000 participants for the show. 😛

Emanuel has managed to wow the show's celebrity judges too, who've lovingly nicknamed him 'pagal genius' and bawaal bachcha'. Steaming and grilling being his forte, he has managed to impress everyone with his culinary skills. His signature dish is 'monster fish brain masala' and he explains, "I used the Halloween concept to create something with pumpkins and a fish filling that looked like a head cut with the brain exposed. My dad is my biggest inspiration and I take a lot of ideas from him as he belongs to the hotel industry."

Interestingly, when asked if he wants to grow up and become a chef or open a restaurant, he ponders a bit and says, "Cooking will always be a passion. However, I want to make a flying automobile so that the world doesn't have any more traffic jams."

BOX: "Reaching the Top 5 is an achievement in itself and we tell him that he is already a winner. Being just a nine year old, and taking his passion at a professional level and then excelling in it is definitely appreciable," exclaims his dad Nripendra Chauhan.

Emanuel's principal; Alice Vaz is very proud of him. She says, "The fact that he is from our school reinstates the fact that children here are open to explore exciting avenues and not just concentrate on academics."
Proud-India thumbnail

India's first "Junior MasterChef " is Sarthak Bhardwaj

Sarthak Bhardwaj from Dehradun has won the first ever Junior Master Chef trophy. This talented young boy has made his mother's dream come true!! Star Plus started this series few months back and now we have our first winner. Sarthak comes from a poor family, his mother runs a small stall serving noodles and soup to students in Dehradun. He started cooking at an early age of nine years to help his mother in the kitchen as he doesn't have a father. He has a small brother to look after as well.

Sarthak has proved that with talent and dedication, nothing is impossible to achieve in this world. He was always creative in his recipes and showed exemplary culinary skills. He was quiet popular among the young girls too in the show who always wanted him in their teams. Chef Vikas gave him a new name kanhaiya because of his popularity.

Sarthak defeated Devender and Sakshi in the finale to win the title. Well, now since you know who the winner is let me tell you what to expect on the entertainment front in the finale episode.

Hmmm...It looks like that Sonakshi Sinha is all over Star Plus' shows. After showing her glamorous nach in Star Diwali, she will be seen in the finale of Master Chef Junior promoting her forthcoming film Bullet Raja. Ace choreographer Terrence Lewis will give Soankshi Company on the show as he is a part of the movie as well. Sonakshi loves kids and I am sure they will have a gala time.

Comedy King Kapil Sharma will be hosting the evening with his gimmicks. The grand finale will be larger than life with all these celebs entertaining the audiences. India will witness the crowning of its First Junior Master chef. This show carved a niche for itself and is liked by kids and adults both. Everyone was just surprised by the talent of the contestants who came to battle out their cooking genius.

Sarthak wants to open a big restaurant so that he can live a decent life with his mother and brother. He is a small boy with big dreams and has the responsibility of the house on his own little but strong shoulders. His mother is so proud of him and so are we. The best Cooking expert has been rewarded and we wish him oodles of luck and love for his journey ahead.

The finale episode will be aired on this Saturday, 2nd November . So, block your calendars and enjoy the weekend with this entertaining night of fun, laughter and victory!!

Proud-India thumbnail

Jr. MasterChef gets set to select its first winner

Jr. MasterChef gets set to select its first winner
Sonakshi to reveal Junior Masterchefore Pics

A long drawn ten weeks and a sweltering competition amongst India's finest cooks Junior Masterchef- Swaad Ke Ustaad is all set to crown its first ever winner.

Three finalists - Emanuel, Sarthak Bhardwaj and Sakshi put on their creative chef hats and are geared to battle the final leg in the grand Junior MasterChef kitchen. The debut season of Junior MasterChef - Swad ke Ustaad have seen a number of celebrities who have been in awe of these tender aged masters of the kitchen.

"Chef Jolly, Chef Vikas and I are proud of the contestants we chose for the debut season. They have managed to live up to every challenge thrown at them and they have attained victory in their own rights. With a feisty competition, amazing dishes were churned out every time. Much to our surprise, we have been lucky to taste some of the finest, most creative dishes made by tender hands,"says Chef Kunal Kapoor.

For the first time in the entire season, the finale is set to have a special food panel of 8 celebrities which will comprise of - Masterchef India Season 3 winner Ripudaman Handa, Terrence Lewis, former Masterchef contestant Koku Patraand Bhabho from Diya Aur Baati Hum, along with the three judges Chefs Vikas Khanna, Kunal Kapoor and Surjan Singh Jolly. These judges are picked so that several palates can be used to make an informed and unbiased choice for the winning position. Bollywood actor Sonakshi Sinhawill be the Guest of Honour on the sets and she will motivate the Top 3 with her bubbly enthusiasm as they enter the arena one last time.

Comedian Kapil Sharma will be seen doing what he does best - adding a comedy ka tadka to the MasterChef Finale as the host. Adding up as a sizzling desert to the finale will be Nach Baliye's most steamy couple - Raqesh Vashisht and Ridhi Dogra showcasing some real hot moves on stage.

Junior Masterchef has truly nurtured young talent and presented a whole new platform for young cooks to explore their skill and take it to the next level. And the finale episode will be a remarkable tribute to food!
So stay tuned to find out which young talent takes away the Golden Chef coat and wins the title of being the first Junior MasterChef this November 2nd, Saturday at 9.00 pm only on Star Plus.