Tamil Reality Shows

Super Singer Season 4 (Vijay TV)

mellisai thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This week .. remaining participants, performer of the week & elimination. 

Sai Vignesh, Namitha (eliminated), Shenbagaraj (danger zone), Parvathy (performer of the week), Niranjana

Vaijeyanthi (danger zone), Diwakar, Azhagesan, Vaishali, Sanjay

Madhumitha, Sharath Santhosh, Ramesh, Aravind Srinivas, Rizwan

Syed, Nirjari, Ganesh, Sonia

Soundarya, Narayanan, Deepthi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nithya_IF thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks Sri..

Was missing this thread..  though I don't watch this program regularly. I was reading the updates to know what is happening.
jaysvimal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Sri. Missed this thread too..

So from where we missed, I guess we don't have Sai Shankar, Namitha, Rajagopalan anymore in the competition. Did I miss anyone. I am somehow not sure why Soundarya is being so pampered and kept in the competition in spite of being in the danger zone twice in a row. And the last song they said was her comeback performance! Seriously, I felt she was shouting and Namitha was definitely better than her :( 

I liked Ma Ka Pa's joke with her that he wished she would come back again next season that though he meant as a playback singer, she thought he wished her to come back as a contestant again :) 

As a side note, at least am happy to see Anjana from SSJ now in Top 5 for Indian Idol Junior rocking at the National stage :)
hopper_ocean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for the updates sri and jay ... yet to watch the first round. will comment more once i have watch them.
jaysvimal thumbnail
August 19th

No Srinivas/Unni/Sujatha this week.

This week's team of Judges: Harini, Hari Charan, Suchi, Swetha Mohan, Naresh Iyer [Am I thinking there may be no elimination this week?]

(They didnt announce that Kausik, Pooja, Malavika and Sai Charan were there! Am glad VTV is trying to promote their stars as much as possible to get them to be noticed for Playback opportunities)

Madhumitha - Moongil Thottam (Original Singer: Harini)
Harini - Loved it. 
Hari Charan - This song is tough and has the intimate feel like Kadhodudaan Naan Paduven and you sang it perfectly
(She was Awesome and she enjoyed the song. )

Shenbagaraj - Pichai Pathiram (Orginal Singer: Madhu Balakrishnan)
Hari Charan - Superb rendition. You are one of the strongest contestants in this season.
Suchi - The soul you gave this song, I really enjoyed. 
(Such a matured voice and a trained singer. He did pure justice to the song. I minimized the browser and heard only Madhu singing it.. )

Vaishali - Oh Mahazeeya (Original Singer: Swetha Mohan)
Swetha - I haven't heard another singer singing it. Your singing it was cute. Good Job
Hari Charan - to Swetha ... What's the meaning of the lyrics!? LOL
(Little mellowed than the original with a softer voice. Tried few improvisations. Some worked and some did not)

Special Performance: Nila Nila Nila Nila poguthe by Harini and Kaushik 

New Guest: Music Director Sathya (Theeya Vela Seyyanum Kumaru Fame)

Niranjana - Kattu Chirikki (Original Singers: Anuradha Sriram & Shankar M)
Swetha - This is a tough song to sing alone. You impressed singing it alone
Naresh Iyer - It showed you practised the song well. It was a nice flow from beginning to end
(It was different to hear the song in her voice given that I keep listening to the original every time I drive.. Though I didn't feel she was at ease with this song. Anuradha rocked the folk feel). 

Narayanan - Suthude Suthude Bhoomi (Original Singer: Anirudh Ravichander)
Harini - Well sung but may be a little faster than the beat. 
Hari Charan - Nice attempt. Bang on Pitch and feel but was different in charanam. The original does not sound like the lyrics are pure tamil. May be you could avoid such songs. 
(This guy has definitely taken difficult songs the last two weeks and rocked. Not the, THE best contestant, but he does his best to give anyone a tough competition. Just hope he works on his breath control and he can go long)

:)
Edited by jaysvimal - 10 years ago
nithya_IF thumbnail
Thanks for the detailed updates Jay..

Appreciate your efforts for writing the same.

It really helped me a lot to keep in touch with the contest.
nithya_IF thumbnail
Originally posted by: jaysvimal

I liked Ma Ka Pa's joke with her that he wished she would come back again next season that though he meant as a playback singer, she thought he wished her to come back as a contestant again :)

I too loved it.. Sou's expression was worth watching when MaKapa said hope to see you in next season too and then he quickly added as a playback singer.. Ma ka Pa.. ungalukku oru sabash for voicing our opinion but yet manging it superbly..

As a side note, at least am happy to see Anjana from SSJ now in Top 5 for Indian Idol Junior rocking at the National stage :)

Me too.. This girl is too good. Just hope she wins the title. Sad she did not get threw heights in Airtel super singer though.

Edited by nithyamkv - 10 years ago
Wonderfullife thumbnail
Thanks Sri for opening this thread. :)

And thanks a lot Jay for the updates. Missed reading it long time.

Madhumita and Shenbagaraj performed so well last episode.

Missed Krishnas performance last week. Why they didn't show his performance :(

Feel happy for Anjana. She has improved a lot. And feeling bad for our very own Priyanka Anu Srinisha They have lot of potentials to compete in national level but I guess they lack hindi knowledge :(
jaysvimal thumbnail
Yes Krithika. Krishna was awesome with his Roja Roja and well deserved to be the performer of the week. Deepthi deserved for her song too in front of the Vani Jayaram, T R Mahalingam and Mano. Though I am not sure if Parvathy was solely the only best last week to win. 

Sorry if I was rude in my criticism on Soundarya. Just annoyed at her trying to cease every opportunity to show her attitude and jalra to judges. Be it to Vani Jayaram that she sang the same song before in the last season in front of her too.. or that she saw Srini in her dream last week! That's why I enjoyed Ma Ka Pa's Joke.

True Nithya and Krithika, Anjana is flourishing so well on the National stage. In fact, I like how the judges interact with the juniors. Instead of our scripted no movement from the seat kind of judging, those three truly gel with the kids. Of course Shreya Goshal is a little distant at times but I like Shekar and Vishal for their lively talk to the children. Even Anjana didn't know Hindi before she joined the competition. All her songs were from her memory taught by her father. But she has greatly improved in her language and is able to speak and converse to a large extent with an otherwise Hindi dominated crowd. I guess she is lucky to have atleast one parent comfortable with the language (though her mother tried she couldnt speak Hindi). I feel bad for Priyanka and Srinisha too. Mukund and Malavika (Rajesh Vaidya's Daughter) were in the fray for Indian Idol Junior but lost out in the Top 10 selections. Though I am sure the winner has already been selected even there like every other reality show, but just glad for Anjana and hope she sets her mark!.. 

If possible try to Google Indian Idol Junior's 17th August episode.. Mind blowing with Sukhwinder Singh.. That's how lively I wish Airtel Super Singer is also.. 

Wonderfullife thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Jay.. will definitely watch it..

I completely agree about Soundarya .. She is not that GOOD to receive praises from judges..

Just heard Anu's first film song..Her voice comes in 2nd half along with S.P.B.Charan.. Awesome song and beautiful rendition..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgjuRmaypGA[/YOUTUBE]