Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaysvimal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Wow. Her voice is so soothing to hear :) Thanks Krithika.. 
jaysvimal thumbnail
August 20th - Latest Songs from 2009 Round Continues...

Parvathy - Nenjukkulle Oma Mudinjirukken [Original Singer: Sakthishree Gopalan]
Haricharan - You just killed the song. (in a good way. LOL) Dont change. You have a killer tone. Just watch out for lyrics in Tamil. 
Suchi - Your tone overrides everything. 
Swetha - Something happening inside this song. I just enjoyed your song. Your voice sounded as if it was sore but was beautiful. 
(Start was not great. But she picked up soon. The little beautiful Rahman touches we could feel in Sakthishree's rendition were there here and there. I still loved the original though may be thats because of his recording and his orchestra effects)

Alagesan - Ambalekkum Pombalekkum Avasaram [Krishnaraj and Velmurugan]
Suchi - Pramadama padinanga. I used to feel when singers who can sing carnatic are getting eliminated, may be they are playing some tricks to keep you in the competition. But today I acknowledge you are not here by fluke but only because of your talent. 
All judges danced with him. 
[It was good watching his sing with the lyric stand. Though am not sure how long he can survive in this competition. His voice does show his age and strain. Though he amazes big time for his persistant efforts, energy and enthusiasm. His voice might suit the old age actors I mean those who are not the leads. say like Manivannan kind. Ultimately they are all fighting for playback opportunities. Lets see.]

Naresh Iyer sang Nan Sonnadum Mazhai vanducha! and Vena machan Vena [Wow, he creates magic everytime he sings those high notes and his folk feel]

Sarath Santosh - Oru Devathai parkum neramidhu [Original Singer: Roop Kumar Rathod]
Harini - Its a difficult song. Congrats for the guts to select this song too. Roop Kumar is an experienced singer with his Hindustani knowledge. Good effort.
Naresh Iyer - This needs a mature rendition and good breath control. You managed it effortlessly. 
(Nice. Good to see him get back to his good form again. He was a little down the last week. Love his high notes)

Sai Vignesh - Aariro Aarariro idhu thandai thalattu [Original Singer: Haricharan]
Haricharan - Very good performance. it is a very intimate song with variations in feel with smile and sadness. You did it very good. 
(Starting was not at his best given some thing that showed difficulty with Low notes. But then once the notes and flow started it was good. Haricharan sang it after the comments. Was truly awesome to hear from him with all the beautiful feel and sangadhis.]

Rizwan - En kadhal solla neramillai [Original Singers: Yuvan and Thanvi]
Harini - Very good performance. Selection super, Performance Super.
Haricharan - Thank you for Yuvan's song. One of the two my favourite Yuvan's songs. Good to see you have the playback tendency to adapt to the character and sing it with the feel of the character singing it. 
(It was a very nice performance. He is one dedicated singer and hope he continues to impress everyone)

hopper_ocean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Finally got a chance to watch this today ...

I loved madhumita and shenbagaraj. Both were my fav for this round 😳 Have to say when i heard the music i was like this is moongil tottham song and i know its not an easy song but when she started singing i had no doubt she hit it. It was so good. I think the suttadhe suttadhu song umm was not like i duno how to say but was different to me.

hopper_ocean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
omg hahaha i only manage to catch the old one and here i see 2 more rounds up already nu.. will catch up on the rest by this weekend ðŸ˜†
jaysvimal thumbnail
August 21st - Latest Songs from 2009 Round Continues..

Ganesh - Po Nee Po Remix - The scream of love [Original Singers: Sathya Prakash,Harish Swaminathan]
Naresh Iyer - Terrific energetic Performance. 99% on tempo. Pitch perfect with total confidence. 
Suchi - Why did you choose the fast version instead of the slow version. I was worried when you started this as it needed the control and grip. But good job
Hari Charan - Effortless and good song choice. I thought you would improvise when you go to the top. He wished Sathya as well sung.
(I Felt as if he was just racing and shouting to keep up the tempo. I liked Sathya's rendition than Ganesh's. Anyway the judges know better. Frankly I didn't feel pleasant hearing to Ganesh sing. 

Sathya sang the same and it was so nice, controlled and composed. Ganesh tried to join him and the effect was totally messy. Glad he stopped to just let Sathya hit the high notes and improvise.. Sathya rocks as always). 

Syed - Kodu potta konnu podu [Original Singer: Benny Dayal]
Harini - good performance. Tough song to sing live. But did a good job
Suchi - Was worried that you chose. It is a dense orchestra influenced song. You did a great job than a single singer singing it. 
Hari Charan - You can show a little more zeal and sing like Michael Jackson like his breath control.
(It was nice. liked his style and he does have a good folk feel. Of course the voice is not the same like Benny's but it didnt feel like the effect wasn't there)

Aravind Srinivas - Elay Keechan Vanthachu [Original Singer:  A.R. Rahman]
Harini - Very decent close to perfection
Hari Charan - You have a stylish voice and liked the way you carried it. Your delivery and landing notes and the style you ended it were good. Feel was there and you sounded like a pro
Naresh Iyer - I feel you were slightly fast in tempo than the original. You can be alert and keep the stacatto effect with it raw with a heavy tone. You will sound even more fantastic if you tune those little things. 
(Very nice effect. Liked the Rahman magic that spills everywhere in the song and it wasnt lost in this rendition. Guess the music keeps it catchy and covers the gaps if any. Nice backing by Diwakar/Shenbagaraj/Syed)

Nirjari - Kalvare Kalvare [Original Singer - Shreya Goshal]
Shwetha - Your song was like beautiful rain. It is one well listened song, the song sounded very nice in your voice too. Ananth's sir's training shows up in your singing. 
Harini - End of the song improvisations was out of the world. 
(Very effective singing. Atleast she didnt forget the lyrics this time. Her traditional Telugu voice did give it a different enjoyable dimension to the song. Few notes missed here and there but it didnt show up blatantly in the mass effect of this beautiful song)

Ramesh - Yedi Kallachi enna teriyalaya [Original Singers: Vijay Prakash , Shreya Ghoshal]
Hari Charan - Congratulations to you for the natural rendition. You should have come long before to singing. The difficult sangathis came effortlessly. Try to sing without the lyrics sheet
Harini - I have seen you before in the previous rounds. This round is even better. Good to see you have started to learn music inspite of your tough profession. My wishes to you to come to great heights.
(His voice has some pull which always reaches however he sings. Glad to know he is putting effort to learn music and get trained too. )

Sonia - Azhagai pookuthe [Original Singers: Prasanna, Janaki Iyer]
Swetha - Very impressed. only good things to say. good presense, good song selection, bright presentation
Naresh - Bright and nice voice presentation. Gai is not as in Subash Ghai.. 
Suchi - I was little worried initially but you owned this song. You have a nice rounded voice. [Why was Suchi worried for everyone and for every song today
(She sounds professional. Was nice to hear a good song)

jaysvimal thumbnail
http://tv.desitv forum.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=258430&Itemid=214
(Remove the space between tv and forum)

For those interested, Check the promo  of Indian Idol Junior for this coming weekend at the link above.. If she crosses this week, Anjana will be in the finals (top 4) on September 1st. Way to go girl.. Rocking performance. Sorry to post it here.. Just can't stop being happy for her :)

Anyway, Is any one suggesting songs for the SS4 contestants through www.supersinger.in . All their profiles are uploaded in the website.. 
Edited by jaysvimal - 10 years ago
nithya_IF thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the detailed update Jay..

Anjana in Top 4. super..
jaysvimal thumbnail
August 22nd - Latest Songs from 2009 Round Continues..

Special Performance by Swetha - Innum konjam neram irunda daan enna

Sanjay - ayyayo nenju alayudadi [Original Singers : SP Balasubramaniam, SP Charan & Prashantini]
Swetha - Well sung. Was pleasant. little slight mesmerizing touches was missing. 
Naresh - The glide in the first line if it comes in one breath will be good. Try that. 
(Not bad. I like the slight romantic feel in both SPB and Charan's voice.. Wished it was there.)

Soundarya - Padhi kadal padhi mutham [Original Singer - Jayashree]
HariCharan - one side classical and one side western. perfectly good job
(She sang well, her classical voice is good. and her western she has the attitude. But normal filmi songs, I can't think of one heroin for whom her voice would suit.. May be she doesnt suit the Melodies. The shrill in her voice dampens my liking for her.)

Special Guest - Iman

Vyjayanthi - Ayyayayo Aanandame [Original Singer: Aditi Paul]
Iman - Superb. Really loved it. This song was sung by a new comer. You equated it
Hari Charan - you have a very tender voice. The way you handled the notes was very nice. 
(The voice was too thin.. Overall not bad)

Special Performance by Sai Charan, Harihara Suthan, Malavika, Pooja (From Super Singer 3)

Diwakar - Kacheri Kacheri [Original Singer: Mukesh]
Iman - Thank you brother for chosing this song. This song has melody inspite of the folk feel in this song. 
(Not the great song I wished he would sing. But.. Wow. I just love the energy that flows through this guy everytime he sings. No surprise he was the first to get to the Top 30. It was an enjoyable performance. Am sure Iman has him marked for future) and Iman danced for this song :)

Iman left with a message to the SS4 contestants, love music and it will take you to places for sure. And the first place will be in Virugambakkam in my studios. Another oldie was there - Anitha from Super singer 1 who got her first break through Iman. She sang another diverse song [Shokku Sundari] that she sang for him. 
Wonderfullife thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Very nice review Jay.

My favs were Parvathy Sonia Ramesh Aravind and Diwakar.

Vyjayanthi was too weak and Soundarya was OK.
mellisai thumbnail
Thanks for the updates.
Parvathy's nenjukulle was good... innum involve aagi paadi irukkalaam. Amazing lyrics + ARR.
Ramesh was good too... feel was missing in places, need to learn the lyrics & keep improving. :)