Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

quick_silver thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Sound soundarya and vyjainthi are retained for reasons other than talent. Vyjanthi was singing in a false voice and did a very bad job this week. Soundarya cherry picks songs from previous seasons that got rave reviews and performs them badly. Both these girls do not deserve to remain in the fray. As usual vijay tv is playing the truant, Projecting and promoting what the wish to !!
migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This week it is Pettai rap - Pettai songs round.
Wonderfullife thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This week saraths apdi Podu and Sai vignesh kalakuven song were awesome. The opening pettai rap song was too good.
hopper_ocean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
today opening song by Soundarya for pottu takka song super oh super 
Wonderfullife thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
My fav performance was madhumitas karupu peralaga. And rizwan too was good but energy was missing.
hopper_ocean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ama the Karupu peralaga was good da krituma ⭐️
Smiles-20 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Interesting week with the fast numbers, dancing away.  However I feel like some songs go much much slower than the original.  Their task lol!!
jaysvimal thumbnail
They are all good. Especially Sharath on Monday and Madhumitha yesterday. 

Soundarya was good with energy, but I am kind of put off with the acting and attitude., May be thats required but her loud singing is more like shouting at time, and her energy is nice.. But her voice kills the song when she tried to act the energy.. Sorry.. It will take some time for me to get over the snubbed feeling I get when I hear her sing and some more decent performances if they ever will come. 

Screaming in a high pitch jarring tone which she tries to pass off as singing and dancing!. Her silly antics are also back with full josh.Srini said that she was a local rowdy and Sujata said something that was muted out. Unni said it seemed artificial ( spot on sir!). They all agreed that she didn't have to pretend and overdo it, just be herself and it is more than sufficient

Rizwan was nice but a little slow with the tempo. 

I am so excited and waiting to watch SPB come on the show.. 
Edited by jaysvimal - 10 years ago
jaysvimal thumbnail
Aug 28th
Narayanan: Not bad.. Can do better..
Ramesh: he sang "salomia"...really good. He enjoy while he sing...
Alagesan: after few weeks, today he sounds better... The drama between the performance could have avoided(very difficult for him...)
Senbagaraj: He sang "Andaalu Andaalu"... He is the man of the match today... He casually catches the nuances of "Ghanaa" style... Great performance...
Will come back with a full review when time permits.. :)
Edited by jaysvimal - 10 years ago
jaysvimal thumbnail
Catch up of the last two days... Thought of writing.. but then found this on the Airtel Super Singer 4 Page... in the discussions. 
This is a review by Shriram S Murthy on Facebook.. Just thought of sharing it coz, it is completely tallying with my thoughts... word by word.. Thanks Shriram.. 

August 26th - Pettai Songs Round

My(Shriram's) review for 8/26 performances (pEttai songs round):

Sharath Santhosh: Appadi pOdu
++++
Good attitude - managed breath control very well. Charanam - improv was bold and nice. Very entertaining performance. Brought in great attitude.
--
Pallavi: Voice sounded a little soft for this song. His mic volume could have been a little bit higher. Music was overpowering. He also held mic a little far. 
Charanam: o..o.. Was a bit feeble. Word diction & pronunciation needs to improve. En usirile - tempo could have been tighter. He sang the latter portion softly rather than providing the punch and throw needed for the song. A couple places pitchy... with the noise level - it is understandable.

Nirjhari - dOra dummunnu
++|
Good energy and attitude she brought forth. Some parts she sang well - esp. charanam - sandhana kallu... first two lines. Good talent - with continued focus and proper training can become a much improved singer.
--|
Start - harmony sounded off. Pallavi - landing note could have been clearer and perfect on shruti. ippO illaatti eppO, thorathurathum phrases - pitchy.
nikkuREn, solluREn - portions sangathis slipped. After nikkuREn, she messed up the lyric in next line even with looking at her notes in the hand. Pronunciation and diction (thandOrA, paadalAm) needs improved.
Return pallavi - lost breath and steam and so, sangathis and notes did not land correctly. She must have avoided dancing before she finished the pallavi to retain the energy needed. DZ performance. 

What constructive feedback is there in Ananth-sir's statement: "ingE orchestra-la vaasikkaRavALa paaru - enna size... neeyum nArayanan size-ukku voice-ai koNdu varalaam"... Is this meant to be coaching??? I'm puzzled. 

Sai Vignesh: kalakkuvEn kalakkuvEn
++++|
What pitching and beautiful sangathis... minute details came out nicely. Great energy and punch. Very Impressed. Pallavis were amazing. Consistently pitch perfect performances - despite the noise levels. Outstanding and Top class performances!
-
Charanam - innum konjam throw and mic volume could have made it even powerful. Lower portion - innum lung power use paNNalAm and sing from gut to generate the energy needed. He could try some creative improvization phrases.

Ganesh: oyya oyya oyyAlE
+++
Great voice, energy, and punch for this song. He used his voice to his best and tried to bring his own flavour to the song - which is good.
-|
Pallavi: uLLaara, anganga, maaman, aasai - glides went outside the scale slightly. He modified the phrasing - hence it sounded like that to me.
Charanam: naa...ttu, aa...ttam - the breaks he gave sounded a little awkward. It would have sounded nicer had he bridged them with a nice swell (like he did ""sElai, sEEvi"") instead of the way he rendered. 
To take it to the next level - he has to delve into the song to bring the spirit of every song alive (from the current focus on perfect rendition).

One of the best parts I liked today was the creativity of the tune by each contestant and their singing of the four lines that makapa gave to the contestants.. Well prepared and refreshing it was, despite the lyrics!