Super Singer Season 4 (Vijay TV) - Page 5

Posted: 10 years ago
For Tuesday August 27th
Review posted by Shriram S Murthy on Facebook. 
My(Shriram's) review of performances on 8/27 (Pettai songs round) :

"DISCLAIMER: Soundarya and her ardent fans - PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS. This could be a strong review - my intention is to express my assessment on her today's performance and not to insult or hurt Soundarya. 

Soundarya: thaga thaga thagavena aadavaa
?????
Start pallavi - tempo did not sync well. It was just shouting and the worst vocal production I've heard in her voice modulation. She is damaging her vocal cords trying to imitate a heavy bass effect of the original. 
Sounds even shrill and feeble.Voice was changed to make it sound heavy - pitchy... kuralukku yenna aachu??? pOttu thaakku - vanga kadal - pitch and breath pOchu - till the end of pallavi - quite pitchy. 
Shouting for Ramesh - heard as if someone else was speaking - continued with the haiyaiyO... portion - musical melody was completely lost.
Charanam - lower portions - shruti-la varalai notes. higher portions sounded strained and screechy... the voice change she attempted absolutely did not help her in bringing stability in notes.. throughout it was pitchy. End line - tempo pOchu.. just shouted the lines... with no pitch control.
End lines and dance with Ananth sir - it was literally like someone who is ""not in self-control and possessed"" Sorry, in my personal opinion, this is absolutely a wrong example for any future contestant.
I'd call this a DIRECT DISQUALIFICATION rather than elimination even. This is the WORST I've ever heard in this program by anyone (including the auditions this season). 
I've appreciated her many times for taking risky songs - but today this kind of risk absolutely damaged the reputation she earned... The person who sung "unnai vida" in her natural tone (T20) which had such "soundaryam" - what has happened to her that she is completely become full of "sound"arya instead!!! 

Sonia - Karuppu thaan enakku
+++|
+ Great match for her voice. Lot of musicality was there. There was a nice flow and smoothness in certain portions. Right amount of attitude and feel for the song.
- Pronunciation: "thavvusand", "coloRRRu", "rejinigaanth". Karupputhaan - last note both times was a little flat.
Charanam - long phrase innum konjam tempo. Pothi vachirukkum - pullai pathum - high notes again didn't hit the right note. Slightly flat.
When she sings completely from her head voice, she needs to focus on pitching a little bit better. She can use more body by bringing lot more energy from the gut.

Madhumitha - Karuppu kannazhagaa
+++++
+ "THIS IS PERFORMANCE! Elegant including her dance moves. What musicality, attitude, energy, throw, vocal dynamics, clarity and aesthetics of sangathis, breath control - Bhavam and creativity. SIMPLY OUTSTANDING!!! This is by far, the BEST EVER (highest ever score by anyone). She thorougly owned it and gave it such life that one could be drawn into her performance. Very graceful, enjoyable performance. MADHU HAS GOT TO BE THE PERFORMER OF THE WEEK! Tough to surpas this one.
I've heard this song only a couple of times before and was never that drawn into it. But after this rendition, I can guarantee for ages, people are going to refer to this rendition (when many others start to do this going forward) and say how Madhu had nailed it!! It is a DREAM performance. Well deserved STANDING OVATION!!! 
- Very minor issues: "C'mon move your body", "udambellAm" glide - one note off key. 

Rizwan - Thiruppathi Ezhu malai
++++
+ What a beautiful rendition - with nice throw, attitude, and dynamics. Many places were so good in his voice. Esp. CharaNam first two lines - "Kaathavaraayan kaadhalichaa". "ketti mELam kottiduchunnA".
- Kaattu lesaa - needed a little more sustain. A couple spots innum konjam steadiness vanthirukkalAm.. Again very minor issue.

Sanjay - Aal thOtta boopathi
+++
+ Energy and breath control was good. Good throw and attitude. Decent attempt - could have done much better. Amazing percussion.
- "Started early before the roll was complete. ""matthaazham"", ""kalyAnathE"". Pallavi - he was having difficulty in keeping up the tempo. He kind of adapts his voice differently for each song and that does not help in my opinion. He should sing with his natural voice.
CharaNam - first two lines very tentative. He did not fall into the groove till later part of charaNam. paarvaiyaalE - sangathis slip.

Really outstanding mimicry - Deserves a standing ovation for his LR Eswari amma mimicry. Fabulous!

Today enjoyed an OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE by Madhumitha
Edited by jaysvimal - 10 years ago
jaysvimal, thanks for sharing the review.
I only watch/ listen to Ramesh, Madhu & Parvathy... Madhu's karuppu kannazhagaa was outstanding (esp. middle & end portion). Her attitude, modulation & involvement with the lyrics is class above all the other contestants. 👏 Madhu always had the talent (SMY days) but now she's really coming out... can't wait to see more of her!

You can find all of Madhu's performances here (from SMY to Super Singer): http://www.youtube.com/user/shankraj61?feature=watch

Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 10 years ago
Thanks Jay.
Madumitha was awesome. I also liked Sarath Santosh. 

Sanjay was lacking confidence looked like he was scared.

Yeah his mimicry was totally cool. 

Nirjari - also some times recited the words instead of singing. Soundarya screaming too much.
Which is the right Facebook page????
Thanks for sharing the review.. Jay.. 
Screeching screaming Sound, disgusting performance overall
Thursday, 29th August 2013

Deepthi Suresh - Madurai Jilla (Thiruvilayadal Aarambam)
Unni - reasonably good performance
Sujatha - super, super! you gave it what it needed

Krishnan - Machaan Peru Madurey - Madurey
Sujatha - that was awesome, breath control was also good
Unni - fantastic attitude, overall performance outstanding
Srini - rocked!!
(Anandh sir said something about him moving to another country after completing his studies...)

Kedi Boys Killadi Girls performance

Vaijeyanthi - Vachuka Vachukava (M Kumaran Son of Mahalakshmi)
Praise from all the judges, too good in this genre.

Parvathy
- Kannu Rendum (Kutty)
Sujatha - surprising, superb performance
Srini - you really rocked, throw & range good.. versatile singer!

That's all for tonight!😊
Thanks Sri.. looks like a thoroughly entertaining week. Nirjari's Elimination today?? 
Overall fun week.  Congrats to Syed for Best Performer (not sure if someone else got it also).  Sad to see the elimination though.