Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
I also remember being extremely sad after reading Atonement by Ian McEwan, mainly thinking about how a silly childish mistake, even something that you say, can completely turn around your life with unexpected consequences.

Don't know why, but remember feeling pretty depressed after finishing Mockingjay 😛!
LoveToLaugh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: zephyr29

I never get overly emotional while reading books but there were a few which made me feel hollow and emotionally drained. One book which actually made me tear up was The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O' Farrell. It was no conventional tear-jerker but something about the story just made me lose it.

I get that feeling. The first two chapters of Khaled Hosseini's And the mountains echoed made me feel so depressed, it used to haunt me in bed. (The rest of the book, sadly, was very average.)

I have never heard of this book but the just the title makes me want to pick it up.
tehreem. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The fault in our stars by John Green for sure.
even thinking abt it makes me cry 
WhenInRome thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
thank you so much guys for suggestions :)

i'll deffo read these books :)
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I can't really remember, but I think the first time I literally sobbed during a book was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I think that actually made me cry worse than any other book, so it's the one that I remember.
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: LoveToLaugh

I get that feeling. The first two chapters of Khaled Hosseini's And the mountains echoed made me feel so depressed, it used to haunt me in bed. (The rest of the book, sadly, was very average.)

I have never heard of this book but the just the title makes me want to pick it up.

@bold, It was the title alone which made me pick it up 😆, and I'm so glad I did 😊.
..Scarlett.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Dont know why but 'PS i love u' made me 2 cry.
-GoldMist- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Harry Potter and the order of pheonix
And the three books by khaled hoessini were definitely very much emotionally draining
-GredForge- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Khaled Hosseni's books will make you feel sad and depressed throughout, but his books are amazing ! he knows how to write..👍🏼
.Peeves. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I too had a love story by Ravinder Singh :)
Its the sweetest romantic I have ever read! 
It will definitely give you sad tears while reading but happy tears when you finish reading it :)
Edited by AdorableAshVik - 10 years ago