My communication with SP re IPKKND~EBP time slot

radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: radev24

Dear Sir/Madam,

With all due respect, I am not interested in an auto-response. The response I expect has to include the specific information I have requested.

Again, can I please please have the name of the CEO/TPTB/Manager, the "content team in charge" of the new serial, the final decision maker, his/her direct email id, direct tel # that will work from the US, including the toll free number. As already mentioned, the 1 800 3000 7827 does not work from the US.

Regards,

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:43 AM
Subject: Re:IPKKND~EBP[Ref#824491]

Dear Viewer,

Thank you for writing to us.

We appreciate your valuable feedback and suggestion. We will make sure that we share this with content team at Star Plus.

We hope that you are enjoying our other line up of shows, events and Hindi movies on Star Plus. Your patronage is valuable to us.

Regards,

Consumer Response Cell

Get all the latest coverage by connecting to us        Response |STAR India
Tel: + | 1800 3000 7827
Email:
[email protected]

Subject: IPKKND ~ EBP

Dear Sir/Madam,

On behalf of myself and huge fan following of our Avinash Sachdev, I am writing to you regarding his new show on the subject line on your esteemed channel. Since I live in the US, my interest is even more because lot of times we dont get to know accurate information, and not just about the timeslot the show is "supposed" to be aired.

When I watch it on telly, the time difference does not matter. When I watch it online still it does not matter because it is 7:30 am (if 6 pm IST is accurate).

But since I was born and brought up in bombay, I live there even today, in fact every second. One's roots if smashed and uprooted, or even unrooted, that person cannot have peace in life, much less a fav tv/big screen/ reality show.

And since I am spiritual by nature and have been since my teenage years, graduated from St Xavier's near Metro theater, moved to the West, but still live in the East, and proud to be an Indian. Even cried few days ago on August 15th. And not just on that day. I cry khushi ke aansoo.

So why am I writing all this? We want the new show to be a success, not just for our Avinash, the entire cast, but for you, for the PH, for all converned parties. And I could not agree more with all the fans living in India that 6 pm timeslot is going to be a disaster.

People have either not even reached home to watch it, or it's their dinner time. Besides it is NOT a primetime slot. Is that what you wish for yourself? Is that what TPTB (the powers that be) wish? Of course not. If I was on SP mgmt team, objectively speaking, I would certainly not want it, because I would see the writing on the wall and the disastrous outcome of a goofy slot.

Please tell me that you all have every intention of transferring it to 7:30 to 8:30 pm slot immediately, switch it with another less popular show already running on your channel.

This email would not even have been taken place if the serial name was different, esp when the main leads are different, the storyline, script is different. Merely using INK1 sets does not and SHOULD NOT mean to give it the same name??? Hello??? The entire INK1 fans, as you already know, is furious. I know I would be if a channel touched it with a 10-foot pole. Of course the exception would be if it was a season 2 or a sequel, same star cast, crew, etc. Just like Chhoti Bahu1/2. They even hit 5.1 trp inspite of the fact that both Avinash and Rubina were barely known then. For Rubina it was her debut serial.

You folks need to correct your own mistakes by changing the slot. The gravest mistake has been to keep the same name and you all know it too well.

If you are trying to bank on a popular serial name, then why not bank on good and awesome script, storyline?? Can you please answer me, and honestly??

And as far as Avinash, we know his acting acumen, talents and skills. The actor will pour his soul into not just acting, but all aspects and angles of the serial. PH would not have selected him in this competitive untold race back home if they did not already know of his excellence, his ability, his capability and that he will do more than full justice to the role, the character, the entire soap.

Here's my earnest request. I would like to know the top person in charge of this serial and his/her direct telephone number/ email id. Since today is Sunday morning here in the US and 10 pm right now in Bombay, I cannot call or speak to anyone.

Your tollfree 800-3000-7827 does not work from here. So I would request the direct US tel number, the right person's name, email id for this serial. I checked the site but of no avail.

Thanks in advance and look forward to an immediate response.

Respectfully yours,

Edited by radev24 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sbh1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very well specifically written.Slot is very early for india only house wieves can see this show.as this is youth base show pl chane the slot after some time at prime time show.shrenu and avi will definately rock in the show if story line is good and different as like your other shows.we do not compare this show with first season as totally a different story.

Star plus authority should consider it to give proper slot as experimenting with new slot is like playing with future of all cast and with all related parties.
MeeraHK thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I thnk its for the time being yaar...thy will change it in a month or so...
Asherkibiwi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Meera...

I thnk its for the time being yaar...thy will change it in a month or so...

i really hope so :-x but they should change d time ,its soo early :-/
ekta15 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Me too thinking the same .They will change the slot once any slot gets blank .They were trying to end one other show but PH has been changed of that ,so ..
Lets see...
niru06 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Ekta--

Me too thinking the same .They will change the slot once any slot gets blank .They were trying to end one other show but PH has been changed of that ,so ..

Lets see...

yes ekta...i tnk we need to wait for little more time...thanks for sharing premji...
radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Meera, ashar, ekta, niru ...

I feel the same that after a little while, since the story is already exciting, the timeslot will be primetime. Its not just us who are looking for its entertainment value and success, but they are too. SP / PH Spheres Origin are in this entertainment industry for their own success too.

So lets just keep the chin up and wish our Avinash / Shrenu best of luck !! Me already thrilled merely by seeing the video of the entire house and dashing Avi literally giving us and the media not just the house tour but Agnihotri family head, his father and how devoted he is to his father.

And his MCP character and the opposite simple hearted Shrenu make up for a very dramatic shuruaat already IMO.

Baaki aage aage W&W!
-Shwetha- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Very well written & thanks for sharing...

even i think it is just for time being & may be they will change the time slot to 7 30.
--Siva-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
This is one good initiative you have taken! I seriously applaud this! :)
arpita20 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
it's right yaar.time slot is really bad...i also can't be able to watch it for poor time slot...