Junior Masterchef Swaad Ke Ustaad on Star Plus

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

Junior Masterchef Swaad Ke Ustaad on Star Plus

[To set reminder and check TV schedule of Junior Masterchef Swaad Ke Ustaad click here...]

Cute, bubbly and vivacious contestants will surely win your heart in Star Plus€˜ latest offering Junior MasterChef Swaad Ke Ustaad. This is one of it€™s kind show in the history of Indian Television . Junior MasterChef Australia has happened before and in India it is for the first time that a cooking show has been designed for kids aged eight to twelve years old.

We have seen kids dancing, singing or acting in reality shows but never cooking in kitchens. This show has taken the concept of reality shows on an entirely different level. We will se small kids who usually don€™t even know the basic ingredients of cooking, come and show their culinary skills.

Let me tell you the first two episodes of Junior MasterChef has left me spell bounded! I was quiet unsure of the content of the show, I thought will they be able to find kids who have some know how of cooking. But to my surprise, kids who came in the auditions knew so much that even judges had a hard time digesting the reality.

Be it a small boy from Dehradun who sells Maggi and rolls to young college going crowd with his mom or a Jaipuri boy for whom cooking is as passionate as his love for foreign cars. Then there was a boy who was Encyclopedia of MasterChef show, he remembered each and every episode!! A young girl who wants to help her mom who makes €˜dubba€˜ in Mumbai. All these kids have a passion for cooking and it shows. They not only have a story behind their world but also have learnt the art of cooking so well that they are here to compete with one another.

The kind of response which this show has got is tremendous, Star India senior vice president €" programming, Ashish Golwalkar said €œto be frank, before conducting the auditions, we were not sure whether the kids would be able to do this or not. And if so, then what kind of kids we were going to take. But the response we received was overwhelming. Around 8,000 kids turned up for the auditions. Some even travelled from smaller towns to showcase their skills.€

There is full entertainment quotient in the show, apart from the cooking style every kid is unique in its own way. Both the episodes which I saw craved me to see more. I am not a follower of MasterChef as I am not a good cook but now I feel that I should watch these small wonders to see what€™s cooking in their mind. Also, it is a great platform for cooking enthusiasts. I can learn from them too!!

While the format is modeled on the lines of Junior MasterChef Australia, which has already completed one season, the show will adapt to Indian sensibilities. Explains Star India senior vice president €" programming, Ashish Golwalkar: €œWhat they cook there, we cannot cook here because many of the ingredients are not available. The basic essence will be similar to Junior Masterchef Australia, but we have changed it a lot to suit the Indian palate.€

Auditions have been conducted in three cities including Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata and ten kids have been finalised.  These kids will show their talent in bootcamp where the actual competition will start.

Chefs Jolly, Kunal and Vikas will expect nothing less than perfect, well-executed and delicious dishes. They have made it clear from the first phase of the show itself that they want best chefs on board.

The show will be replacing €˜India€™s Dancing Superstars€™ which has just finished its current season on Star Plus. The previous seasons of MasterChef were aired during the week. But since the contestants this time are kids, the channel has decided to limit the shooting time and therefore will air it only on Saturdays and Sundays at 9 PM. The current season will run for 11 weeks.

The first two episodes have proved that these kids are no less than the elder MasterChefs. I am amazed to see such talent and knowledge. These kids are cute, frank and bundles of joy!! Loved them and want to see more every week!

I definitely recommend you to watch this show with your entire family and trust me you will laugh and learn at the same time!! Kudos to Top 10 Junior MasterChefs your journey to fame and kitchen war begins now! Share your Views, Reviews, Comments and Suggestions about this show on Twitter-iDubba and set reminders for your favorite shows on iDubba app.

Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks for sharing. I am really liking this show. The kids are so talented and so mature and understanding. 👏 The kids have touched my heart.