*Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara Member Of The Week #14 Guess it!*

Posted: 10 years ago

Hello-Hie & Salaam Namaste to all of our wonderful members..!! 🤗

First of all, I would like to thank *Resham*    for giving me permission to start MOTW again. 😃 Time for our next member of the week. For those of you who don't know what we're talking about, well this post comes EVERY week. And the most active member has to answer all the questions posted by the fellow members.

We will call our Member of the week - Pyaara Pyaara Meetha Meetha Member of the Week. 😃

Some clues:

:.: This member hails from World!😆.

:.: She's a proud IF-Dazzler Member.

:.: She's a fan of PaYa.

:.: She give us updates!.

Couldn't guess?🤔

Don't worry main hain nah bataney key liye!😳😃😊

MOTW  is none other than...

-Purva-

Purva😳

Congratulations !! 🤗

Here is your MOTW siggy, made by fizii_gurl 👏👏

Time to answer a few

Name:

Birthday:

Profession:

Hobbies

Favourite colour:

How I got started with IF: 

My Favourite section on IF:

Why I visit the PKDH section: 

My favourite actor: 

My best friend(s) on IF: 

Have fun and keep smiling!!!😃

Love and Regards,

Resham, and Dev

On behalf of the PKDH DT.

Let's go guys, start posting your questions for MOTW to answer.😃

Credits:

Main Banner : Tumhari_Khushi

Questions banner: lonelyshadow

MOTW Signature: fizii_gurl

Dividers/Blinkies: glitter-graphics / DeviatedTesoro

Thank You Dev and Resham for selecting me :) Truly honored
Yippee, Congrats P for getting this honor!

Lets get this train started!

What was the best job youve ever had? And the worst?

Whats the best vacation youve EVER taken?

Whats the most recent movie/book that youve seen/read?

Whats your favorite town/city in the world? Why?

Share with us a fun experience youve had recently.

Tell us your earliest childhood memory.

Whats the worst haircut youve ever had?

Fav color

Describe your own outlook on life in six words.

Can you share one quote or saying you love, that keeps you going in life?

If you could invite four famous people to dinner, who would you choose and why?

If you could replay a fun (or deep or big) moment in your life, what would you choose?

What would be a perfect afternoon for you?

Describe one past action (big or small) you took to improve the quality of your life.

Which person in your life do you most admire? Why?

Describe the most terrifying situation youve ever been in.

If you could go back in time and change history, what would you change? Why?

Whats the most anti-establishment thing youve ever done?

What would you do in life if you knew you couldnt fail?

Describe one experience youve had where you took a huge leap of faith.

It's a great honor to call you as my friend, you continue to inspire and make me think. 

loads of love and hugs! Would be back or more!

P.S. Forum people, a gem of a person is on the hot seat, give her your best and all the love!
Originally posted by *Dev.*

Time to answer a few

Name:

Birthday: May, 71

Profession: Retired

Hobbies: Reading, Writing,

Favourite colour: Varies, these days I'm obsessed with Red, till a few months back it was Blue

How I got started with IF: BiggBoss Season 4, was searching for some info about a contestant and landed on this site. That was the first time I came across a site dedicated to Hindi serials. Got hooked and stayed on in some form or the other.

My Favourite section on IF: Satyamev Jayate Forum, else it is Bigg Boss and now here.

Why I visit the PKDH section: Like the serial since it has very little of dirty politics. Especially in love with characters like Harish and Govardhan mama. They are my favs. not to forget the awesome Avantika.

My favourite actor: Films - SRK, TV - Anup Soni, Ashish Kaoor, Kunal Karan Kapoor

My best friend(s) on IF: Znursingh, RTH, Axeion, CharmingGenie, BoredSoul, Bewafa

Originally posted by charminggenie

Yippee, Congrats P for getting this honor!

Lets get this train started!
Huggz Girl, and where have you been hiding all these days, BA is deserted

What was the best job youve ever had? And the worst?
Best Job: My stint in Pune, I was in eLearning field, had complete freedom, a dream-team under me. Life was perfect. Till the management decided to sell out the company.

Worst Job: The job I took after that, Had to move from operations to marketing and they put me in a team where ppl would not even say hello to each other throughout the day.

Whats the best vacation youve EVER taken?
There was this road-trip to Goa which I had gone to with three of my gal-pals at  New Years. Awesome time.

But we were always doing crazy things in that period. Went for a movie and dinner with friends and decided on the spur of the moment that we all had this unfulfilled wish to see sunrise at Gateway of India. So drove down from Pune to Mumbai, spent what remained of the night in a disc and then drove down to watch the sunrise and immediately drove back home.

Whats the most recent movie/book that youve seen/read?
Movie - Madras Cafe - good movie, but would suggest that those who plan to watch it should look up LTTE struggle on wikipedia before going for the movie. Too many events compressed in too short a time.

Book - Freedom At Midnight
, Dominique Lapierre/Larry Collins - Read it with reservations. I always make it a point to read contrasting views simultaneously. This book praises Gandhi too much for my taste and is downright adulatory of Mountbatten.

Whats your favorite town/city in the world? Why?

Hyderabad hands down. Apart from the fact I've spent 20 out of last 33 years here, it's got a great culture here. To give an example - when we moved in here our landlord was Telugu and so were a next door neighbor. Apart from that there was a Sindhi family, a Gujarati family, a Punjabi family, a Marwari family and a Muslim family apart from us (UPites) who all lived within a few yards of each other and we all grew up together. That for me is the essence of what this city is.

Share with us a fun experience youve had recently.
Last year - went to Bangalore to meet a friend who'd just delivered a baby without informing her. Called her up to discover she's in Chandigarh.  So did the next best thing - called up all my friends in Bangalore and arranged to have an impromptu reunion.

Tell us your earliest childhood memory.
I remember a lot of events and things from the time I was 2 and a half esp. about my grandparents (mother's parents)

Whats the worst haircut youve ever had?
Not the worst haircut but there was this period when I went ashe-blonde. Had aksed the hair-dresser to add a couple of  highlights, the dumb biatch dyed them all. Took me two years of coloring my hair jet-black to regain natural color. On the plus side that was the period I brazenly wore off-shoulders, deep-necks and minis (not at the same time, of course). They complimented my hair so well.

Fav color
These days red, till a few months back it was blue-green. But I like all bright colors, light and bright not the deep tones.

Describe your own outlook on life in six words.
Can it be more?

If you can't live with it, fight tooth and nail

Can you share one quote or saying you love, that keeps you going in life?
It doesn't keep me going but helps me look beyond the obvious:

"However beautiful a sunset is, it still brings darkness"

If you could invite four famous people to dinner, who would you choose and why?

Shekhar Kapur, Arun Shourie, Prannoy Roy and Gulzar - There can be no why - just imagine the amazing conversation with such a gathering.

If you could replay a fun (or deep or big) moment in your life, what would you choose?
None - I believe every moment happens when it does because everything is just right.

Trying to relive it - can you get the same weather or people, recreate the same feelings and experiences you brought into that moment, erase everything that's happened since and most importantly can you take away prescience? That moment happened because you did not know what would follow and you just went with the flow.

What would be a perfect afternoon for you?
In bed with a lovely Georgette Heyer novel, lots of potato wafers and a huge bottle of Pepsi - majja nu life.

Describe one past action (big or small) you took to improve the quality of your life.
After working without a break for 6 hrs a day, 3 yrs a stretch - the moment I decided to quit my job - I think I couldn't have taken a better decision than to thumb my nose at the rat race.

Which person in your life do you most admire? Why?
My sister. As kids ppl used to believe that she would at best be a model or a housewife. Today she heads an ad-agency in Delhi all through sheer grit, determination and single-minded focus. I have seen her turn her weaknesses to strengths and work hard at being who she is. At the same time she's kept her passion for painting and dance alive. Her apartment is full of paintings she's done and she's given 3 solo Kathak performances.

Describe the most terrifying situation youve ever been in.
Two actually - I've seen Advani's Rath yatra at close quarters and I've seen the anti-reservation stir, in fact was even part of it for some time. The Rath Yatra was horrifying. Hope I'm never alive to see another such moment in life.

If you could go back in time and change history, what would you change? Why?
Wipe out religion - all religions. They've caused maximum massacres, wars, strife, oppression and held back progress. Human society would be zillions of light years ahead in terms of progress if there was no religion to fetter us.

Whats the most anti-establishment thing youve ever done?
Mass Boycotted college - and I actually used to stand outside the college gate in order to ensure that not one student from our class entered the gate. And people used to see me standing there and return in the same bus without alighting.

What would you do in life if you knew you couldnt fail?

When I want to do something then it's never been fear of failure that's kept me back. But if there was one failure I wish I could overcome then it is my inability to drive. I'm afraid if I ever drive I'm going to run-over someone. If I knew that the moment I sat behind the wheel I would turn into the next Schumacher I would go on a road trip around India.

Describe one experience youve had where you took a huge leap of faith.
Again it has to be my decision to quit working altogether. It takes a lot of courage to say that I don't want to earn anymore and will spend the rest of my life with what  I have right now.

It's a great honor to call you as my friend, you continue to inspire and make me think. 

Thank you girl for all the lovely compliments, likewise you teach me everyday how easy it is to laugh and be happy.

loads of love and hugs! Would be back or more!

P.S. Forum people, a gem of a person is on the hot seat, give her your best and all the love!

Alright folks. Why is this MOTW grilling going so slowly. Let me get this train started for more more more

1.       What the heck were you thinking when you asked me my MOTW questions?

2.       At first guess, what sort of questions do you think I will ask you?

3.       Would you rather have lousy sex with a hot hunk, or great sex with an ugly duckling?

4.       Does the previous question cross some sort of decorum line on this forum?

5.       Would you rather have incredible but meaningless sex, or mediocre sex in a relationship?

6.       Have you read the Millennium series? If so what do you think of Lisbeth Salander?

7.       Why doesnt Bollywood have women like Meryl Streep, Helen Mirren and Judi Dench who continue to get substantial roles and enjoy popular fan following despite their old age. Such is the fandom of Meryl Streep that it is said she could be cast as Batman and it would be perfect. Why dont the Kajols or Hema Malinis or Madhuris have such a massive cult fandom?

8.       Can you recommend five incredible women centric Indian films? Can be Bollywood or regional. State what is great about them.

9.       If there was a male version of Vagina Monologues titled Penis Dialogues, what would it be about? Can you pen some hypothetical monologue extracts by some famous men (fictional or real, dead or alive).

10.   Tell me anything random you want me to know

Will be back for more later

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Alright folks. Why is this MOTW grilling going so slowly. Let me get this train started for more more more

1.       What the heck were you thinking when you asked me my MOTW questions?
LOL I wasn't thinking straight - that's for sure, but I wanted it to be fun and interesting and you'd been alerting us to the coming event for some time so had time to prepare my bombshells :)

2.       At first guess, what sort of questions do you think I will ask you?
I hope something as much fun and whacky as I asked you or maybe something worse - it should be interesting nevertheless :)

3.       Would you rather have lousy sex with a hot hunk, or great sex with an ugly duckling?
Great Sex anyday. Anyway I find good-looking men are aweful in bed and extremely lazy, because they depend on their looks to carry the day through. The average looking guys, especially the nerdy ones are the more sensitive one and focused on you. The nerdy ones are complete arseholes and have little concept of difference between po*n and reality.

4.       Does the previous question cross some sort of decorum line on this forum?
Not sure, if it does I'm sure we'll both receive a warning :)

5.       Would you rather have incredible but meaningless sex, or mediocre sex in a relationship?
How about both? I used to keep a BF on the stand-by to give the first when I was dating this absolutely useless guy.

6.       Have you read the Millennium series? If so what do you think of Lisbeth Salander?
No I haven't read the books, just looked them up on Wikipedia and they are on my next wishlist on Flipkart.

7.       Why doesnt Bollywood have women like Meryl Streep, Helen Mirren and Judi Dench who continue to get substantial roles and enjoy popular fan following despite their old age. Such is the fandom of Meryl Streep that it is said she could be cast as Batman and it would be perfect. Why dont the Kajols or Hema Malinis or Madhuris have such a massive cult fandom?
Because all Bollywood heroines lack chutzpah. None of them has a backbone worth a fish-scale. Not one has taken up a role on pure conviction. Kajol owns a production house what stops her from making good movies - why is she co-producing trash like Singham?

What stops these women from doing films like Out of Africa? India has a host of such stories but all these women are content to flutter eyelashes and settle for booby-shake, booty-shake to make living. Hema Malini still behaves like a love-struck teenager when Dharmendra is around. Give everyone a break - the man is living on borrowed time and half the time is wheezing and panting from the effort of talking. Madhuri is still capitalizing on Dhak-dhak and Chol Ke Peeeche - and for that has convinced her hubby to leave a lucrative practice.

8.       Can you recommend five incredible women centric Indian films? Can be Bollywood or regional. State what is great about them.
First Off has to be EK Hasina Thi starring Urmila Matondkar - What a fabulous ending. Simply loved it. Though somehow I have a feeling that this is not an original script, has to be a Hollywood rip-off. Still hats off to bring such an ending to Indian cinema.

Mirch Masala - another fantastic movie, especially for its understanding of how female-bonding works.

Rukmavati ki Haveli - After the last man in the family dies, five women of diff. generations, decide to barricade their house for one year against all men, in order to mourn properly. Amazing cast and beautiful, balanced acting.

Paroma - starring Rakhee - this was the first movie that dealt with a woman's sexuality and her individuality in stark terms.

Fire - Deepa Mehta - the first expression of the hidden world of women's sexual repression and their attempts at breaking free.

You could pick up a selection of movies of Smita, Shabana and Meena Kumari for some great movies.

Smita Patil must watch - Giddh, Debashishu, Nishant, Bhoomika, Raavan

Shabana - must watch - Mandi, Bazaar, Ankur,
Arth, Kamala

9.       If there was a male version of Vagina Monologues titled Penis Dialogues, what would it be about? Can you pen some hypothetical monologue extracts by some famous men (fictional or real, dead or alive).

I haven't actually seen the performance or read the book till now so can't really extrapolate. However I doubt that there could a male counterpart to this one. For one female sexuality is all under wraps and all mentions, discussion around it are taboo - even today - which is why this book is so relevant. Not so with male sexuality, the only thing stopping most men from being all out there is the social obligation to wear clothes.

10.   Tell me anything random you want me to know

Ouch this is a toughie - probably the toughest one of the lot - ok here's  a random gem for you :)

If you try to say the alphabet without moving your lips or tongue every letter will sound the same

Will be back for more later

Look forward to it and can we have it whacky please?

Task 1#

Complete the remixed rhymes with your creations

Rub a dub dub, Batzee girls in a tub ___________

Axy and Genie went up the hill ______________

Twinkle Twinkle Akshay Kumar ______________

Ba Ba Black Dick have you any _______________

Goosy Goosy Chachunder __________________

Mary had a little lamb chop _________________

Task 2#

Explain the following scientific phenomenon using innuendo

-          Newtons Laws of Motion

-          Refraction of light

-          Covalent Bonds

Task 3#

I would do anything for love but _______________.

Pick 10 members and tell us how they would fill in the blank.

Task 4#

Give a wacky comeback line to each of these famous/infamous movie lines

-          This is Sparta!!!!!!!!!

-          Mere paas ma hain

-          Bade bade deshon mei aisi choti choti baatein hote hain

-          Kuch paane ke liye kuch khona padta hai

-          Mere karan arjun aayenge

-          Im the king of the world

-          Hasta La Vista Baby

-          Kutte Kaminey main tumhara khoon pe jaaonga

-          Mooche ho to nathulal jaisi

-          Rishte mei ham tumhare baap lagte hai. Naam hai Shehanshah.

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Task 1#

Complete the remixed rhymes with your creations

Rub a dub dub, Batzee girls in a tub ___________

Axy and Genie went up the hill ______________

Twinkle Twinkle Akshay Kumar ______________

Ba Ba Black Dick have you any _______________

Goosy Goosy Chachunder __________________

Mary had a little lamb chop _________________

Task 2#

Explain the following scientific phenomenon using innuendo

-          Newtons Laws of Motion

-          Refraction of light

-          Covalent Bonds

Task 3#

I would do anything for love but _______________.

Pick 10 members and tell us how they would fill in the blank.

Task 4#

Give a wacky comeback line to each of these famous/infamous movie lines

-          This is Sparta!!!!!!!!!

-          Mere paas ma hain

-          Bade bade deshon mei aisi choti choti baatein hote hain

-          Kuch paane ke liye kuch khona padta hai

-          Mere karan arjun aayenge

-          Im the king of the world

-          Hasta La Vista Baby

-          Kutte Kaminey main tumhara khoon pe jaaonga

-          Mooche ho to nathulal jaisi

-          Rishte mei ham tumhare baap lagte hai. Naam hai Shehanshah.

This one is a toughie - I'll need to wrack my grey cells to reply  - time manga hai tum  hi se, na inkaar karo
Dearest P, I am back with more. 

These are like total random silly things that I really don't know about you.

Is there a wrong you want to right?

What characteristics do you dislike in yourself? In others?

Favorite item/s of clothing?

Most embarrassing moment

Goal you have for yourself?

What did you want to be when you were little?

Name one unfulfilled dream.

What is your favorite flower?

33. What is a date on the calendar you are looking forward to?

What is the last book you read?

Whats your favorite travel destination? (been there or want to go)

What characteristics do you admire (in self or others)?

What always makes you laugh?

What is something no one here knows about you?

Whats your idea of the perfect day?

how would you define ambition, arrogance and passion?

Why is it difficult for a mother to give away her son to the bahu?

Will be back with plenty more, run  crazy with these.