I took it as a challenge to play a UPite: Shubhangi Gokhale

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

Shubhangi Gokhale More Pics

Actor Shubhangi Gokhale, who plays the character of Mausiji in 'Lapataganj', had no difficulty portraying the role of a UP rustic, in spite of being a Marathi. On a recent visit to the city, Shubhangi revealed, "I took it as a challenge. Since the show was based on Sharadji's stories, which I had read before, I was familiar with the culture. The writer of the show, Ashwini Dheer and my co-actor Vineet Kumar helped get out the UPite in me."

Shubhangi would next be seen in a movie titled Dussehra, wherein she's portraying a character called Imarti Devi, loosely based on Laloo Prasad Yadav's wife, Rabri Devi. Govind Namdeo would be playing the character of Laloo Prasad Yadav in the film.

Best known for her comic roles, Shubhangi prefers sticking to that genre only. "I worked with Balaji Telefilms for around two years. But Balaji ke shows mein aap unnoticed jaate ho as a chachi or maami. Aap saj-dhaj ke reh jaate ho. It's a different industry altogether. You can work and earn there, but satisfaction milne se reh jaata hai," she says.