||Mahabharat - Help Desk||

Posted: 10 years ago
http://www.india-forums.com/images/show/mahabharat.jpg

Post all your queries related to the show here

Regards,Manan

Its my 1st mytho so I don't know much about nethng 😔 I wanted to ask can we give a name to a couple lyk Anant+Navya were Anya...so can we name Arjun n Draupadi as ArDi? hope it won't hurt ne1's sentiments as dey r mytho characters...kindly help 😊
Rushika, see this thread - Need Suggetions- Note pg 3 where it's been discussed in more detail.
I have another question.  Can someone post here the entire cast list of the Mahabharata as it stands to date - from all the news so far?
Cast:-

Saurabh Raj Jain-Krishna
Shaheer Sheikh-Arjun
Pooja Sharma-Draupadi
Safaq Naz-Kunti
Rohit Bharadwaj-Yudhishtir
Shayantini Ghosh-Satyavati
Sameer Dharamadhikari-Shantanu
Ratan Rajput-Amba
Mansi Sharma-Ambika
Arav Chaudhary-Bhishma
Praneet Bhatt-shakuni
Thakur Anoopsingh-young Dhritarastra
Puneet issar-parashuram 
Vivana Singh-Ganga
Rio Kapadia-King Subala of Gandhara
Shweta Gautam-Gandhari's mother Sudarma
Ankit Mohan-Ashwashthama

So do we have the people who play
Pandu
Ambalika
Madri
Bhima
Nakula
Sahadev
Drona
Kripa
Drupada
Shalya
Shalva
Vyasa

I would think the above would be more prominent than either Subala or Sudarma
@ vrish I think king drupad s being played by saurabh roy.. 
Rest of them may b new ppl there s no confirmation abt the actors playing the roles
Can anyone plz tell me who s the writer fr the show?
Originally posted by mythili2

Can anyone plz tell me who s the writer fr the show?

Mahabharat: The Making -- Every writer's dream 😛

WATCH THIS VIDEO.

And also read this article.

Devdutt Patnaik roped for Mahabharat

Devdutt Patnaik roped for Mahabharat
Devdutt Pattanaik
Biggest challenge for anyone now-a-days is to relate Indian mythology with the current scenario.

The one who can really make this task easy is renowned author Devdutt Patnaik. His understanding on the subject and the fact that he has researched and written innumerable books on Indian mythology and their significance in modern day's life makes him the apt choice for Siddharth Kumar Tewary to get on board for Star Plus' Mahabharat that begins September 16th at 8.30pm.

Devdutt is all set to make his TV debut, of course off-screen with Mahabharat. He is associated with the show as Chief Consultant and has been a guiding light on the project. He delightedly says, "Star Plus' Mahabharat will be presented systematically to facilitate easy comprehension of various characters. The style is unique and will be a break from standard visual formats."

Asking him on the epic's relativity in today's scenario, he said, "All incidents happening these days have replication of some or the other illustration from Mahabharat. It's just not a book but an entire world in it. I'm sure Star Plus' Mahabharat will procure eyeballs of younger audience as they'll relate to it big time."

Edited by Proud-India - 10 years ago
Originally posted by mnx12

Cast:-

Saurabh Raj Jain-Krishna
Shaheer Sheikh-Arjun
Pooja Sharma-Draupadi
Safaq Naz-Kunti
Rohit Bharadwaj-Yudhishtir
Shayantini Ghosh-Satyavati
Sameer Dharamadhikari-Shantanu
Ratan Rajput-Amba
Mansi Sharma-Ambika
Arav Chaudhary-Bhishma
Praneet Bhatt-shakuni
Thakur Anoopsingh-young Dhritarastra
Puneet issar-parashuram 
Vivana Singh-Ganga
Rio Kapadia-King Subala of Gandhara
Shweta Gautam-Gandhari's mother Sudarma
Ankit Mohan-Ashwashthama

Saurabh Roy - Drupada
Veebha Anand - Subhadra

I'll try & keep updating this list as I discover more
Another question that I've had since this project was announced - does anyone know the scope of this serial?  Would it include the destruction of the Yadavas and the swargarohan yatra of the Pandavas?  Or would it end at some point earlier?
Also, would it include parts that were not there in the Mahabharata - like Krishna's stories - either his childhood, his marriages & so on?  Given that the serial is condensed to 128 episodes, I find it hard to believe that they can, unless they just skim the entire story.  But is there anything official on what will be included in this serial, and what won't?