Ramayan 1st September Written Update-LAST EPISODE

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

The episode begins with the clash of two armies against each other in the battlefield. Ravan comes in his flying chariot and aims an arrow towards the sky .All the warriors  including Lakshman ,Hanuman, Sugriva, Angad and Jamvant watch him. Ravan comes and challenges Ram and Lakshman .He is furious and announces that he will avenge the death of all his beloved people. He also harshly rebukes Ram calling him vanvasi and sings praises in his false  self-pride and glory.

Ram mocks him saying that  the word Ravan itself means rudan' or hoax crying. He further calmly asks him to show his dexterity with his arrows rather than making false loud claims. Thus they start fighting .Several arrows are shot and Ravan uses different blessed arrows but all are counteracted by Ram. Ravan uses an arrow which makes the vanar sena faint but Ram uses another one to resurrect them. Ram challenges Ravan to fight fairly without using maya or chal .Angad blows the conch marking the end of the day and thus the fight is suspended for the night.

At their cantonment, in Ram's tent, Lakshman applies herbal paste on Ram's wounds.Lakshman is disheartened looking at the numerous wounds and expresses his despair and disappointment.

Ram pacifies him announcing that these wounds are the jewellery of the brave during war times.He further consoles Lakshman that he is not hurt anymore and is now rejuvenated .He also declares that this date will be written in the history when tomorrow he will defeat Ravan. Lakshman feels guilty that he is responsible for all this given to the fact of his weak moment when he left Sita due to her concerns. Ram asks him not talk like an ignorant person. He further clarifies that whatever happens is because of destiny. Sita was just a means to free the world from Adharm . He clarifies that if they had not entered this war then all their knowledge which they had acquired would have gone in vain. Thus whatever happens is a part of their destiny. Lakshman calls Ram Maryada Purushottam and Yugpurusha. Ram asks Lakshman to take rest .Lakshman touches his feet and leaves.

Next day at sunrise, Ram , Lakshman and all others walk out of their tent. Everyone hails the glory of Sri Ram .Ravan looks at his army with pride from his palace window. From the heavens above, Brahma and Lord Indra watch this sight. Lord Indra expresses his concern that the war is unfair as Ram is walking on bare feet and Ravan is fighting on his rath. Lord Brahma replies that today is the markesh dasha' of Ravan and Lord Indra can send his divya rath to help Ram. The Divya Rath descends from the skies. All of them Lakshman ,Ram and the Vanars along with Jamvant stare in awe. Jamvant asks Ram to climb on the rath as Devendra has sent this to help him...Ram sits on the rath and clash begins again Ravan comes face to face with him on his chariot .

On seeing Ram on his chariot, Ravan wonders and senses the hand of some devtas .He uses his divya drishti to sense Indra's hand and challenges that he will defeat Indra after fighting with Ram..

The fierce battle begins again and arrows are shot from both the sides. Ram's arrow is counteracted by Ravan and thus he beams in pride but later on Ram resumes  having the upper hand in the war.

All the Devtas watch curiously as Ram beheads Ravan but he laughs loudly mocking him as the head regrows again .Ravan continues laughing with the cycle of beheading and re-growing continues many times. After some time, all the ten heads of Ravan appear together and Dashanan mocks Ram. Lakshman and others stare worried. Ram contemplates and suddenly remembers how Jamvant had once talked about Ravan death only when his amrit' residing in his body will be over .Ram shoots arrow right in the middle  in his abdomen and next his Brahmastra hits his chest. Ravan is hit and falls from his Rath ,the soul light from his body departs .Devtas shower petals and bow down to Ram. Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh smile with pride !! Everyone hails the glory of Sri Ram.Lakshman cries and hail the glory of Sri Ram too. Ram acknowledges him saying that  it's their common victory.

In the Ashoka Vatika ,Hanuman gives the news of Ram's victory  to Sita .Sita is in a state of shock and is dumbfounded in abundant joy. Hanuman asks if he has committed any mistake .Sita denies and she is stupefied to hear such great news. She wonders what gift she can give him. She gives Hanuman the blessing that all the happiness of world will reside in his heart. Sita asks when will Sri Ram give her the order to meet him. Hanuman departs with her message.

Sita keeps on waiting..Trijata comes with clothes and jewellery with the news that after the coronation of Vibhishan he has ordered her release and handing over to Sri Ram Trijata asks her to get ready .Sita says she wants to meet her husband like this only as her husband is in Sadhu vesha and thus she has no wish to adorn royal clothes.

Sita comes to meet Ram who is facing the ocean. Both of them look at each other and have a teary eyed re-union. Sita touches his feet and both hug each other.

At the cantonment, Ram  and Sita sit together. Ram is worried about Bharat as their Vanvaas had come to an end. He further recalls how Bharat will be worried and will commit suicide if there is delay of even a day in reaching Ayodhya. Hanuman offers to carry them on his back to help them reach Ayodhya within a day. However Vibhishan offers them a lift in their Pushpak Viman which Ravan had stolen from Kuber.

At the battlefield, everyone hail the glory of Lord Ram. Ram praises the Vanar Sena and calls it their common victory. He bids farewell to everyone while standing on the Pushpak Viman. He bows down to everyone applauding their effort and expressing his gratitude for helping them. Everyone hail the glory of Sri Ram .The pushpak viman embarks on its journey to Ayodhya along with Sita, Lakshman Sugriva , Hanuman ,Jamvant  accompanying  them .Vibhishana and the people at Lanka bid a teary good-bye to them.

There are Fireworks and celebrations in Ayodhya palace as Ram, Lakshman and Sita's chariot  returns to the Ayodhya palace in their royal clothes. The episode ends with the coronation of Ram and both Ram and Sita are shown smiling sitting in the throne of Ayodhya.

NOTE-

With a heavy heart saying a goodbye to all forum members.It was such a wonderful experience to interact with you all.The show had been close to our hearts.They did touch various  Andekha adhyaya and kept us engrossed.If only they could have have given it a proper ending.A beautiful show  with a  stellar star cast and awesome background score comes to an end. Till we meet again..Goodbye..

Jai Sri Ram😊

Regards-

Piu

Edited by manzilmukul - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LoLali thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update piu . . .it ws indeed an amazing show with brilliant casts and outstanding background score . . .it is really sad that they had to end it abruptly. . .otherwise it would have done much better. . .i wish best of luck to the whole cast and crew for their future.
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks for the update. The show was rushed towards its ending 😕
angelic8219 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
We still have this episode to go in the UK, have to wait till next Sunday for zee to show it. Shame they rushed through it all to end it. 
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Manzil, thanks for the updates that you did to date 👏

I was a bit surprised that they showed Ravan's battle w/ Rama the day b4 he died - given how they've been rushing things, I expected them to go straight to the final battle that was his end.  Like the scene in the camp about Lakshman apply ointments to Rama's wounds was unneeded, particularly since they did not show Rama getting wounded in battle, and also, given what they skipped later, like family reunion scenes, this could well have made way for that.

On the final battle, I know that they're on a budget, but how did that chariot not have a charioteer?  Indra had given Rama his chariot along w/ Matali, and it was he who gave Rama the news.  Also, since they weren't showing Vibheeshan (more on that below),  they could have, instead of showing Rama getting a flashback of Jambavan, shown the Valmiki version where Matali suggests to Rama using the Brahmastra.  That would have made a lot more sense.

Now, here's a major puzzler.  How did they suddenly come out w/ Vibheeshan?  If he wasn't there to mourn Ravan, and if his rajyabhishek wasn't shown, what was the point of showing him at all?  Even if it was a body double who couldn't learn complex lines, there wasn't really much to do - other than mourn Ravan, and get crowned.  But having skipped those parts, it didn't make sense to show him as tearfully bidding Rama farewell and shouting JSR.  Either they have a Vibheeshan or they don't, and if they do, they should have had him in the roles where he was needed.  Also, in his final shot, why did they show Vibheeshan flanked by vanars, rather than rakshashas? 😕

I was actually glad that they skipped the Agni praveshna, but disappointed that Dasharath's appearance after that event was also skipped.  However, the reunion of Sita w/ Rama was too filmy - it almost seemed initially like Rama was hallucinating. 😆  These last 2 episodes were somewhat badly done, making it obvious that a lot of actors were missing: aside from Vibheeshan, there was no Bharat to welcome Rama back to Ayodhya, and they only showed Kaushalya - I didn't notice any of the other rajmatas or rajbahus being shown.

Also, on DD, where I was watching it, they ended it w/ the pushpak headed home for Ayodhya - the celebrations in Ayodhya weren't shown.  So I then switched back to Zee, and they showed the celebrations.  Here too, no showing the family reunion at all - just Rama & Sita suddenly in the palace in royal garb, and then getting crowned, and that was it.

A quick comment on last week's episode, which was all about Indrajit - they skipped the disruption of his yagna - bad - but thankfully, also skipped his final meeting w/ his family - good.  I thought that that one too was shoddily done - they could have skipped all those and gone straight to Lakshman disrupting his yagna and then having a battle w/ him & killing him.

At any rate, this serial is now done & dusted, and wish all the cast the best in their future endeavours.  Unlike others here, I'm not interested in a Uttarkand showing, since none of the serials have ever done it well, and I don't expect that here.

Also, enjoyed my interaction w/ all of you here, and hopefully, we'll meet sometime in other forums
Edited by .Vrish. - 10 years ago
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Manzil, thanks for the updates that you did to date 👏

I was actually glad that they skipped the Agni praveshna, but disappointed that Dasharath's appearance after that event was also skipped.  However, the reunion of Sita w/ Rama was too filmy - it almost seemed initially like Rama was hallucinating. 😆  These last 2 episodes were somewhat badly done, making it obvious that a lot of actors were missing: aside from Vibheeshan, there was no Bharat to welcome Rama back to Ayodhya, and they only showed Kaushalya - I didn't notice any of the other rajmatas or rajbahus being shown.

If you noticed, the ending part once they returned to Ayodya was re-use of the scenes when Ram and Sita returned after getting married and a few other scenes seen before. I doubt they shot all this scenes recently and even the scene with Kausalya is not a recent one.
chirpy_life19 thumbnail

Fab. Creation!👏

Thank you so much for giving the WUs😳
Transference thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoLali

Thanks for the update piu . . .it ws indeed an amazing show with brilliant casts and outstanding background score . . .it is really sad that they had to end it abruptly. . .otherwise it would have done much better. . .i wish best of luck to the whole cast and crew for their future.

@Red Pinky WORD !!This show had an amazing cast and wonderful BG score but their main problem was timings..Who the hell watches TV on a Sunday morning except few of us...Sad they are launching another good show at the same timings which will never manage to get TRP's again becoz the time slot is so totally unfeasible🥱
Transference thumbnail
@Vrish Thanks for sharing all those details and I cannot agree more that the ending was choppy and rushed.Even the TC article had itself had interviews from actors who said that they were DOING PATCHWORK🥱 so nothing outstanding was expected.I wish they had given it a proper closure..One more episode could have done justice to the episodes.
@Visha...Yes indeed the coronation was a choppy patchwork of of previous scenes of Ramayan when Ram Lakshman had come to Ayodhya after their Gurukul and a scene from the arti which Ram and Sita did together..They never cared to show any LU reunion or Bharat Ram reunion.Very unhappy but still they did gave it a  closure..THE ABRUPT ENDING HAS LEFT ME VERY DISAPPOINTED SIGH
Edited by manzilmukul - 10 years ago
Geeshu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update Piu..:)