Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sherlock thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks for the WU, MM, & for all the previous WUs that you wrote, too. 
This serial will always remain my favourite Ramayan on TV. 
Neha was brilliant as Maa Sita. Gagan too was very good as Shri Ram. 

Sadly, it got a raw deal, starting with a nonsensical time slot & ending in such a rushed manner. But whatever episodes we got, they were very well done. 

Goodbye.😊

Jai Siya Ram. 
jesusislord22 thumbnail
Goodbye!!!!!!!!!Edited by jesusislord22 - 10 years ago
EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
just now finished watching ramayan...

i know it was rushed and patched up..but eventhen i felt very sad and emotional and i could connect well with the emotions ..i felt sad when ravan fell down...devta's showering petals was so well animated..it was a divine moment indeed...and i felt choked seeing today's episode... i appreciate all cast n crew who with all constraints somehow pulled up a decent episode..vibishan was ofc body double...

those flashbacks were really touching..i know they dint mean to show it as flashback but still...loved to see those moments again ...

will  miss this show dearly and piu i agree with you zee is foolish to launch Buddha at this time slot again...

Thanks to all wonderful members here..it was nice interacting with you all..
Edited by nneeiill - 10 years ago
Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@Neilu and Sherlock yes the time slot is completely nonsensical and then they expect TRP's hmm..Anyways..Feeling very sad that the wonderful show ended..The last episode left me very gloomy.I will miss Neil😭
SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks Piyu For The Last Episode Update Of Ramayan.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
For a last rushed episode, it had both its positives and negatives.

I too was very disappointed with the ending. How could they have skipped such an important part like Sita's agni pariksha? πŸ˜” Although it may not be a favorite scene of any of us, it's an important part of Ramayan. They could have shown Tulsidas's agnipariksha since it's much quicker than Valmiki's and also less painful. In fact, they should not have shown Ram and Ravan's first battle. It was pointless since we could have gotten a better ending. They should have shown Ram-Ravan final battle, agni pariksha, and devoted the rest of the episode to family reunion and a better Rajyabhishek.

I too noticed that none of the last scenes were filmed again. They were all from the post-Gurukul and Vivah episodes, which tells us that the cast and crew were probably not aware of Ramayan's abrupt ending until it was too late. Maybe they did not have time to film any of the Rajyabhishek scenes. πŸ˜•

Anyway, I am grateful for this Ramayan first and foremost because it made me meet such knowledgeable and kindhearted people in this forum. πŸ€— I will never forget you guys and I really hope we can still keep in contact. Please join us in the mythological masti forum and open an appreciation thread for this Ramayan, so that you can continue discussing it and loving it even after it's end. That forum is a haven for mytho lovers of previous shows, so you all are definitely welcome.

All the best to the cast and crew of Ramayan. May they get much better prospects in the future!
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: manzilmukul

@Neilu and Sherlock yes the time slot is completely nonsensical and then they expect TRP's hmm..Anyways..Feeling very sad that the wonderful show ended..The last episode left me very gloomy.I will miss Neil😭

The problem is that from the very start, Sagar Pictures was trying to copy the 1986 Ramayan by Ramanand Sagar. πŸ˜” People who have watched the original Ramayan can identify many scenes in this Ramayan, especially during Yudh Kand, where entire dialogues were copy pasted from 1986 Ramayan (for example, Angad in Ravan's court). Sagar Pictures was trying to copy everything about the old Ramayan in the hopes that they could get equal popularity, but it totally backfired on them!

First of all, the time slot may have worked wonders for Ramayan back in 1986, since TV itself was very limited back then, but today there are so many shows! Daily shows are more popular now than weekend shows, and particular time slots are the best to gain attention. Weekend mornings are not a good time to grab people's attention, because most people do not watch TV then. Also, some originality is needed to make a show popular! Often, this Ramayan lost its originality because it tried to imitated 1986 Ramayan. It was most interesting when the dialogues and scenes were original, such as during Aranya Kand (which was the best part of Zee Tv's Ramayan IMO).

The reason NDTV Ramayan became a hit is that it was very different from 1986 Ramayan. Although it called itself a remake, it deviated from the previous Ramayan a lot and became its own original show. The same thing with Devon ke Dev Mahadev. The reason it became so popular is that 1) No show on Lord Shiva has come in recent times and 2) it's very original in its cinematography and technology. Although neither NDTV Ramayan nor DKDM are perfect shows and have had many deviations from the scriptures, they touched the audience because of their originality.

I wish Sagar Pictures learns a lesson from this and never tries to copy another show again. There was so much comparison in the beginning of Ramayan with 1986 Ramayan. There were so many articles comparing Arun Govil and Gagan Malik. It was all unnecessary and backfired on the success of this Ramayan. Originality is always best. Remakes are fine, but originality should be maintained.

Time slot is definitely one of the reasons this Ramayan did not become popular, but the above issue of originality is also a major one. I'm saying this because my family and friends voiced the same concern during many episodes. This Ramayan failed a lot in originality.
EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
sherlock thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

THANKS A TON FOR POSTING THIS, NNEEIILL.πŸ˜ƒ 

Best picture of the entire show. 
FrozenRain thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanx piu for the brilliant update...will miss ramayan...still felt bad for this show...it was the best mytho shows on tv right now...