HT-M-Proud to be called Mrs Ram-Gautami

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

PROUD TO BE CALLED MRS RAM KAPOOR'

Gautami Kapoor, who returns to TV after almost six years, talks about her new show and being married to a busy star

Gautami Kapoor, who put aside her successful TV career for motherhood, is returning with a new show, Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi. We spoke to the actor about using her real-life experiences on the show as well as the stardom, even the weight issues, of her husband of 10 years, Ram Kapoor.

Gautami Kapoor; (inset) with husband Ram Kapoor

What have Ram and you learnt from each other in 10 years of marriage?

We've learnt that it's not a onesided equation. We have to make sacrifices, adjustments and compromises. We've had our share of ups and downs, but we have been through them together, and trust is the basis of our relationship.

When you met, you were the bigger star. Today, Ram's more popular. Has that changed the dynamics of your relationship?

No. I am proud to be called Mrs Ram Kapoor. I have no qualms about it; HT FILE PHOTO also, I get lot of perks (laughs). I know how hard he has worked for his success. Seeing his fan following, we feel grateful and blessed. There are many actors who work as hard, are as talented or perhaps more than Ram, but don't get their due.

Is he as temperamental as reported?

It's a misconception. Ram is moophat' (blunt). People mistake his honest, curt opinions for arrogance. He demands perfection and, when he doesn't get it, it annoys him. Perhaps because of his voice and his baggage, he comes across as scary, but he's not. He's cool and funny.

Talking about baggage, have you tried to get him to lose weight?

We have all tried, but when he feels like doing so from within, he will. He has a demanding schedule, so it's tough to focus on dieting and gymming.

Was it easy going back to work?

After being at home for fiveand-a-half years now, it was scary and a big decision to make. I pondered if it would be worth going back to work as my kids are totally dependent on me due to Ram's busy schedule. TV has demanding hours, but I was clear in my head.

Will you bring your own experiences as a mother to the show?

My character is quite close to the person I am, so everything came naturally to me.

Tfs...gautami is vry lucky..may because of raya madness i always wished the rashi should be real life couple..but no offence to gautami..i m such crazy abt raya which makes me think lyk tht
Originally posted by Sakshiram

Tfs...gautami is vry lucky..may because of raya madness i always wished the rashi should be real life couple..but no offence to gautami..i m such crazy abt raya which makes me think lyk tht
Hey actually Ram n Gautami share a good relationship in real life. She is just like the character Priya in his life. 
Tfs...good to hear from her after so long