TOI -Arav Chowdhari [Bhisma] met with accident

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

I woke up when my car was about to bang into a tree: Arav Chowdharry

I woke up when my car was about to bang into a tree: Arav Chowdharry
Arav Chowdharry
Exhaustion, sleep-deprivation and the stress to constantly look good are common occupational hazards for television actors. But sometimes, they can take a dangerous turn. And that's exactly what happened to actor Arav Chowdharry, who plays Bhishma in telly show Mahabharat.

Arav, who had been sleep-deprived for many days, lost control of his car off the Ahmedabad-Mumbai highway and skidded down about five feet into a field. He woke up just before hitting a tree and pulled the brakes. The actor says he was saved in the nick of time.

"I have been working 12-14 hours everyday for the past six-eight months. And after the shoot, I cannot afford to miss hitting the gym as I am bare-bodied in the show. On the day of the accident, I woke up early, after sleeping for merely four hours. I decided to drive down in my own car, with the spot boy in tow, as I wanted to reach the location, Umargaon, fast. As I got off the highway towards Umargaon, I dozed off for a second and lost control of the car. The vehicle skidded down into a field and it was the jerks that woke me up. I was almost about to bang into a tree. The front part of my car was damaged. With a little help from the villagers, I finally pulled my car out of the field. It was sheer luck that saved my life."

Arav, who was last seen in telly show Gulaal, has also acted in many movies, including Dhoom and Lakshya.
Posted: 10 years ago
Tfs.
Hope,he is fine now.