Veebha as Subhadra in Mahabharat:TOI

jyoti07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
The stage is set for the much-awaited mythological show, Mahabharat, produced bySiddharth Kumar Tewary. 

After finalising Krishna, Arjun, Draupadi and other pivotal characters, Siddharth has now roped in talented actress Veebha Anand to essay the role of Subhadra. According to Hindu mythology, Subhadra is the Krishna's half-sister and Arjuna's wife. She is Abhimanyu's mother.

A source informs, "Veebha has been yearning for long to break away from the image of Suguna " the character from Balika Vadhu " which catapulted her to fame. After featuring in an episode of Yeh Hai Aashiqui, in which she played a prostitute, her latest character will give a different dimension to her acting chops." Veebha confirms, "Yes, I am playing Subhadra in Mahabharat. I am really excited about it and am waiting for it to hit the tube."
As far as some of the other characters are concerned, actress Shikha Singh has been finalised to play Shikhandi while Sudesh Beri has been roped in as king Drupad (Draupadi's father). Veebha is expected to commence the shoot next week.
Veebha as Subhadra in Mahabharat
Veebha Anand

More Pics

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Super happy with the cast
Veebha is a good actor,she will do well in the role
But im ecstatic that Shikha Singh will be Shikandi-shes a brilliant actress

Cast is bang on-cant wait for the show!
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Both are good. I guess Shikha will come earlier.
jyoti07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
yes shruti veebha is a fab actress.loved her as sugna in BV.she is apt for the role
Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thanks for sharing.   chun chun ke laye he cast ko 👍🏼 👏  
mythili2 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks fr sharing jyo..😊. wow casting s really good..veebha s very nice actress n shikha too.. i think show ll rock..👍🏼
shreyabiswas73 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
The stage is set for the much-awaited mythological show, Mahabharat, produced by Siddharth Kumar Tewary.

After finalising Krishna, Arjun, Draupadi and other pivotal characters, Siddharth has now roped in talented actress Veebha Anand to essay the role of Subhadra. According to Hindu mythology, Subhadra is the Krishna's half-sister and Arjuna's wife. She is Abhimanyu's mother.

A source informs, "Veebha has been yearning for long to break away from the image of Suguna " the character from Balika Vadhu " which catapulted her to fame. After featuring in an episode of Yeh Hai Aashiqui, in which she played a prostitute, her latest character will give a different dimension to her acting chops." Veebha confirms, "Yes, I am playing Subhadra in Mahabharat. I am really excited about it and am waiting for it to hit the tube."
As far as some of the other characters are concerned, actress Shikha Singh has been finalised to play Shikhandi while Sudesh Beri has been roped in as king Drupad (Draupadi's father). Veebha is expected to commence the shoot next week.
A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing. 😊
Sudesh Berry played Vichitraveerya in B. R. Chopra's Mahabharat serial, right?
So looks like he will be another actor who will be in both these TV versions of the epic playing different characters, after Puneet Issar (Duryodhana in B. R Chopra's show and Parshurama in this one). Is there anyone else who was in the previous one and will be in this one as well?
anamika_0 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
sorry but we navya fans wished to see somya as subhadra with shaheer as arjun...im not happy with this news...😔
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: -ShrNi-

Super happy with the cast
Veebha is a good actor,she will do well in the role
But im ecstatic that Shikha Singh will be Shikandi-shes a brilliant actress

Cast is bang on-cant wait for the show!

But Shikhandi was a guy.  He was born as Shikhandini, which could be played by Shikha, but once Shikhandi swapped genders w/ a Gandharva/Yaksha, then they'd need a different actor.  Actually, this would have been a good opportunity for a versatile actress to play a male role.

I like the choice of Vibha as Subhadra.  Who'll be playing Hidimba?  They can follow DkDM's lead and make her a beauty 😆