Queen of our times

radhikarani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Pooja Sharma is the new Draupadi. The actress shares her personality traits she discovered while researching for the role

It is said that it is not an easy task to get an entry in TV industry. But Pooja Sharma was rather lucky. The offer to play Draupadi in Mahabharat came knocking on her door at a time when she was not sure about making her debut on small screen. "I have been a model and I was doing many ad commercials. I was not sure I wanted to do a TV serial. I got a call from the production house saying they want to have me for a test. When I went I was given a text that I found very interesting and I almost immediately fell in love with the character. I gave look test and it was finalised," said Pooja, who was born and brought up in Delhi but moved to Mumbai a few years ago to pursue her acting dreams.

The actress said that she discovered that Draupadi wasn't only strong and beautiful, she was genuinely powerful and intelligent women. "Before playing a part of Draupadi I always thought her to be demure and full of angst. But she was much more than that, she was married to five men and went through cheerharan, but she didn't give up to the circumstances. She was born out of fire as a young woman, she never knew what childhood was like. Such facts I discovered about her while researching for the show and since then she is my favourite," she said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks for sharing ðŸ˜ƒ
Gopiii thumbnail
Well waiting to see her as Draupadi.  😊
romi21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yes She looks Promising..i mean as Draupadi.. Just 1 more week to go
Adr_Rush thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing dear 😊
mythili2 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks fr the article. . She looks very pretty n she ws good in the promo too.. so I m hoping she ll do well..😊
TheShySoul12 thumbnail
TFS..waiting to see  her as Draupadi ..hope she do well as she did in the promo...
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing
A very vivid and a dynamic role