Saintly approach

radhikarani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Puneet Issar was planning to direct a show on Parshuram that didn't materialise. Now the actor has got a chance to play the sage. By D Kaushik

Being first-ever Duryodhan on small screen has been his identity and it is tough to imagine him playing any other character in Mahabharat. But veteran actor Puneet Issar is now all set to impress his fans as Parshuram in the forthcoming series on Star Plus. On the reason why he was chosen to play Parshuram, he said, "He is an important character in the epic and it is my privilege to have an opportunity to play him on small screen. I was always impressed by Parshuram and wanted to know more about him. I did an in-depth research as I was also planning to direct and produce a TV series on Parshuram. When the creative team and the producer, Siddharth Tewary, got to know this they approached me for the role. I thought since my TV series on Parshuram could not materialise, it will be a golden chance to at least play his character," said the actor, who at present is seen in Baani Ishq Da Kalma on Colors and has directed TV shows like Jai Mata Ki.

The actor says that it is impossible to create the same Mahabharat as was created by BR Chopra, "but this Mahabharat keeps in mind the modern times and I am impressed by the kind of research that has been done and the way the episodes have come out to be. The best of technology has been used and all the actors are giving their 100 per cent to put up an excellent show."

The actor who directed the movie Garv starring Salman Khan in 2004 is planning another film soon, again with Salman. "The script is almost finalised and if things go right, we will go ahead with the film by next year," he said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks for sharing ðŸ˜Š