Debate Mansion

marital rape..! why it goes unpunished? - Page 3

nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Because people see relations in marriage as something that is legal and a must. And it is being considered something as a big taboo in such a society like this for wives to be denying their husbands sexual relations. Perhaps, majority of the population still think that it is a big sin denying their husbands sexual relations. And it is considered good in religions for wives to be obedient and submit to their husbands. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Some hindu and muslim traditionalists have the idea that a woman becomes property of her husband after marriage and is subject to anything he does to her, be it rape her, tell her to sleep with his friend, strip her and anything you can dream of. That it is her duty to follow his order's and do what he says and serve him as long as he live's. I do not know why the government has such idea's... It is as much a crime as an unmarried girl being raped, if not more. No woman should subject to this brutality and the man should jailed for life if hanging is out of the picture (of course, he deserve's to be tortured worse than death and feel the same pain as the woman, but that law hasn't been passed yet) 
THIS LAW IS GROTESQUE!!!
A "RAPE" IS A "RAPE" , marital or otherwise !!!!...

I fail to c how such a law will "protect the sanctity" of a marriage ?..😕... the marriage looses all of its sanctity when one spouse rapes other !!!... there is no further question of "preservation of non-existent sanctity" of such marriage !... seriously, is THAT so difficult to get ??!!😕

This kind of approach has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Hinduism !!!..those who carry such misconceptions r obviously unaware of Hinduism & its principle teachings!!..n those Hindus who practice it are UNWORTHY of being called a Hindu for they have defiled their own religion !!!.. Hindu religion worships feminine entity Adi Parashakthi as the supreme being...all such atrocities and misogynistic mindset is the direct influence of Mughal & Victorian imprints left on the Indian population...in fact our constitution is it self a copy paste of outdated Victorian Constitution with only few modifications.. 
-bLEu98- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Quixotic5

THIS LAW IS GROTESQUE!!!

A "RAPE" IS A "RAPE" , marital or otherwise !!!!...

I fail to c how such a law will "protect the sanctity" of a marriage ?..😕... the marriage looses all of its sanctity when one spouse rapes other !!!... there is no further question of "preservation of non-existent sanctity" of such marriage !... seriously, is THAT so difficult to get ??!!😕

This kind of approach has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Hinduism !!!..those who carry such misconceptions r obviously unaware of Hinduism & its principle teachings!!..n those Hindus who practice it are UNWORTHY of being called a Hindu for they have defiled their own religion !!!.. Hindu religion worships feminine entity Adi Parashakthi as the supreme being...all such atrocities and misogynistic mindset is the direct influence of Mughal & Victorian imprints left on the Indian population...in fact our constitution is it self a copy paste of outdated Victorian Constitution with only few modifications.. 

I don't think Mughal. Mughal ladies were pretty strong from what I've read. But it's definitely gotta do with India aping the Victorian British. And if you look at the contemporary ways of interpreting religion, almost all religions are used as a ploy against women. So even if Hinduism is not to be blamed, the Hindutva that many of our nationalist parties boast of, cannot be let off the hook. I really hope our political leaders get a lesson of this Hinduism you speak of, before blabbering on the Hindu culture and traditions cuz it certainly pisses off even Hindus. Even Christianity in India isn't very modern in approach like we'd like to believe. All the religions, be it Hinduism, Islam, Christianity can be associated with liberalism, but not when more than half the population is in the clutches of blind faith, superstitions and a congenital hatred against women. So yeah I'd say, it's gotta do with the culture of our country more than any particular religion. Ours is a rape culture. And if we gotta fight that, then we need to think and act radically, and not look through the prism of any religion. 
Edited by -bLEu98- - 9 years ago