When you got lost inside a book... - Page 2

Posted: 9 years ago
lots.. i mean whenever i read something emotion or of too deep thoughts i get lost in that moment nd the after effect stays wth me for hours or even for days and even if it fades away, i never forget that story or to be precise that particular portion of that story..
one dat i can recall now is the moment wen gus died in the fault in our stars by john green nd later wen hazel discovered dat gus's asked van houten to write an eulogy for her.. it was too heart touching..

Originally posted by theloupgaroux

I personally get very involved in books. Sometimes when I read, depending on how much I like the book, I don't realize someone's been calling my name until it goes quiet and everyone's looking at me. I feel like the entire world has gone away and all that exists is the characters on the page and their story. And if the book doesn't end the way I expected/wanted/or should have, I get upset, yeah, and *sometimes* I rant, especially if the book or characters deserved a better ending. I hope that's the kind of thing I'm sure you're talking about.
so true...
i'm also have the same problem...😆
Edited by its-alexandrite - 9 years ago
Each and Every book makes me feel it , it takes more time for me to come back to reality
To he Frank I forget my sleep,food,families if I go deep into the book. Impact will be there for many days even I get dreams of some most important scenes
Many times!I love those books that get you hooked right from the first page!<3
Most of the times I lost in books... and I love that also...
Happens many times.
I read while travelling to my workplace. And it happened just yesterday that the bus stopped and everyone else got down, and I was all lost in my book so didn't realise, and one of my colleagues tapped my shoulder and then I realised that we had reached. 😛
Has happened lots of times. Quite common for me actally, but t
It has happened to me a lot of times. The ones I particularly remember would be the Harry Potter series, especially the ones where a major character died, God of Small Things, Wuthering Heights and most recently Gone Girl.
Yes, many times. This happens always while reading any novel, unless it's too boring or just not good enough. But it's the after effects that scare me sometimes.
 Usually, novel simply hovers around our mind, that's normal. But sometimes, it overpowers our mind and, it feels as though we're obsessed with what we've read. I somewhat hate it when I go off-course from reality and feel lost after having completed a book. I do get deeply engrossed and there'll be times when I dream about the characters in my sleep, when I'm reminded of the characters in daily life... I sometimes have hard time dealing with these after effects, and immediately, I feel the urge to read a book which might help re-orient myself.
The most recent extreme experience was when I read Wuthering Heights, IDK why it had such an impact on my psyche, my behaviour and all was kind of altered for 3-4 days, my parents thought I was depressed with something. I couldnt explain my embarassing situation... it was a strange situation. I thought I was going mental. I also recently read Caryl Philips' Nature of Blood and Crossing the River, and the female characters in these books also had an impact on me for quite sometime..