Buddha Help And Suggestion Desk - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
Since there ain't a D&D for this forum, I'll post my question here.

After Siddharth returned to Kapilavasthu after receiving enlightenment, why did Sudhyoyana try and insist that he become a king?  After all, he left Rahul w/ him, so if Sudhyoyana's son wasn't available, his grandson still was.  So why didn't he groom him as his successor?

Also, how did Devadatta become a part of the Sangha?  One would have expected him to be thrilled at the throne being now available to him, once both Siddharth & Rahul were out of contention, since Rahul too joined the Sangha?

Another thing - did rulers like Bimbisara, Prasenjit ever come into contact w/ Sudhyoyana?  I thought that it's Buddha who later discovers them, when he goes to India for preaching.  Until then, all these events were happening in Nepal
Edited by .Vrish. - 10 years ago
Posted: 10 years ago
is akanksha juneja in buddha? Hi all! I have never watched buddha but i recently saw a promo on zee where sm guy is telling a woman that ur husband has forsaken you on your wedding night. The woman looks so familiar but i couldn't place her. Plz help!Edited by princess_farh - 10 years ago