-Buddha History And Philosophy Discussion Corner- - Page 6

Posted: 10 years ago
he had won her in a swayamvara, where archery & horseriding were the main events
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Seeing this episode, I have a few questions:
  • Were there actually palace intrigues in Sudhyoyana's court b/w Mangala Devi, Prajapati, et al?
  • Did Siddhartha ever actually find out that Mahadevi was his mother, as they showed today?
  • were the main events[/LI]
Anybody know more on this one?

Im a buddhist.so i lk to answer your questions.
2.Yes prince siddhartha knows that devi mahamaya is his mother.
3.as far as i know from childhood prince siddhartha and devadattha know each other.bt im nt sure they are cousins.
4. No .devathatta ' s sister is devi yashodara
(I m dissapointed that these guys show devadaththa likes yashodara)
5.king suddhona asked siddhartha to show his skills.then he organized a show and asks princesses to come to see the skills of prince siddhartha.then king suddodana asks siddhartha to choose anyone among these princess.he chooses yasodara
I hope u ll be satisfied with my answers
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Any idea - why did Devadatta want to lead the Sangha, as opposed to just trying to succeed Sudhoyana as the ruler?

That is a long story.
Please elaborate 😆

One more question - do you know who succeeded Sudhoyana, since Siddhartha had dropped out?  Was it Rahul, or Prajapati's genetic son?  Incidentally, what's the story about Prajapati's son that they're showing in the serial - they showed him re-surface after Siddhartha-Yashodhara's marriage

It wasn't Devadatta - he too decided to be a competing monk 😆 gave Ajatashatru the bright idea of killing Bimbisara & usurping the throne, and then got kicked out when Ajatashatru regretted it.

Another question - I was reading another site about the death of Buddha, and it looks like he took something that he knew was poison, but forbade anyone else from taking it.  What is the story?  And was Devadatta already dead, or was he behind this plot as well?

I do have plenty of questions.  Hopefully, this thread, if not the forum, can be more active 😊

Oh, & thanks for your answers so far 👍🏼
Edited by .Vrish. - 10 years ago
it was some disciple of Buddha who invited Buddha and other disciples  and cooked a special mushroom which was poisonous but he was not aware of that he offered to Buddha first but Buddha's teaching was not to reject any alms or food given to Buddhist monk coz beggar can't be chooser so he took it and then asked not to give anyone else as its poisonous after that he had food poison and died on age of 80  
For those interested in the question of whether Buddha was an avatar of Vishnu, I've had this thread pulled from the Mytho Masti archives.  We had an interesting discussion months ago, which those interested in this subject would still find interesting.

Edited by .Vrish. - 10 years ago
Posted: 9 years ago
I read this some years ago. Some historians claim that Shuddhodhan was not just a big king as is often thought. He was actually the head of a tribe.