Buddha

Buddha-avatar of lord vishnu

Joyel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Guys...lord vishnu's which avatar was Buddha...whether it was 5th or 6th or any?

I thought that Buddha first episode depicts lord vishnu in this show,but they didn't show lord vishnu taking avatar of Buddha in this show.😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Joyel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
.Edited by Joyel - 10 years ago
RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
buddha was 9th incarnation of lord vishnu in hindu mythological belief
Chaithali thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey thanks something I did not know. ðŸ˜Š
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Joyel

Guys...lord vishnu's which avatar was Buddha...whether it was 5th or 6th or any?

I thought that Buddha first episode depicts lord vishnu in this show,but they didn't show lord vishnu taking avatar of Buddha in this show.😊

The Srimad Bhagavatham lists Buddha as one of the 22 avatars taken by Lord Vishnu on this Earth.

Srimad Bhagavatham was written sometime in the late Dwapara Yuga, but Veda Vyasa could foresee that Lord Vishnu will take two more avatars in the Kali Yuga.

This is what SB has to say on Buddha:

The Buddha mentioned here is supposed to incarnate in the begining of Kali Yuga as the son of Anjana Devi in the province of Gaya. 

Now the Gautama Buddha that we are familiar with was born to Maya devi in Nepal, but his enlightenment took place in Bodh Gaya. That can be said to be his second birth.  So one fact in SB is corroborated.

A few more details about this 'Buddha' emerge in  2.7.37 (Second Skanda, 7 adhyaya, 37 sloka)

It says that  when the scientific knowledge in the Vedas begins to be exploited by atheists who then shoot invisible rockets into the sky and try blast planets, etc in outer space, the Lord will divert their minds by dressing himself attractively as Buddha and preach a lot on social principles, code of conduct etc. 

Moreover, one more key point emerges in SB here. It says that Buddha will take avatar when scientific knowledge advances to such levels as launching invisible rockets in outer space with a view of whole scale destruction. Then Buddha will try to 'divert'  (mati vimoham) their minds by preaching non violence.

See how accurately Veda Vyasa could predict the future?
chirpy_life19 thumbnail

All Self realized people are incarnations of the one & only one all prevading God.Whom we address by various names.😳
Varun.srk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I disagree wt u
The lord buddha is nt a avatar of lord vishnu
Its true that in Hinduism u all believe that lord buddha is an avatar of lord vishnu
But i believe lord Buddha isnt an avatar of lord vishnu as per buddha's teachings
And we also nt believing the reincarnation doesnt exist in earth but punarbhava is exist 
Edited by abcdew - 10 years ago