Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

"Change in the time slot can make Buddha more popular"

Buddha on Zee TV is B.K.Modi's vision as he always wanted to make the project into a film. However, it has finally happened on Television. The creative and co-producer of 'Buddha', Ridhwana speaks to TOI.com on her journey and experience on working for Zee TV's Buddha.

How was your experience working for Buddha-The enlightened one? What should I say about Buddha? Buddha is the vision of B.K.Modi and I am completely satisfied with the way it has evolved. The experience is completing motivating for me. It's like I am living my dream. Buddha for me is a dream which I have seen for 10 years and finally it's happening which is a different experience .

Why Buddha as a concept? Buddha and his life is something which was never seen on Television. Though Buddha and his preachings were highlighted in a few movies, the concept was never touched upon on a large scale. The concept was never witnessed by the audiences and the entire story was untold.

How was it working with actors associated with 'Buddha'? It's amazing and pleasant to have a bunch of talented actors for our show. I feel proud of them. They all are well trained, they have come from the best acting schools and they all are amazing dedicated actors. Usually, for historical shows it becomes very difficult to cast appropriate actors for a particular character but here we are lucky that we have got a perfect casting.

According to you what is that important aspect to be a successful producer? One who gets to know the pulp of the audience is the one who can be a successful producer.

How difficult or easy it was to find the face of Buddha? It took almost 10 years to find the right face. We found our Buddha in Himanshu Soni, who has all the qualities which we wanted to see as Buddha. He is intelligent, he is good looking and he almost matches every quality of Buddha.

There are two costume dramas on the channel (Zee TV) right now, one is Ekta Kapoor's Jodha Akbar which is the numero uno show and the other one is Buddha, which is doing average on the channel. What are your views? I think the only factor for this difference is the time slot and nothing else because it becomes difficult for any show to garner good numbers on Sunday morning. Hence, change in the time slot can make Buddha more popular.

Proud-India thumbnail

Sonia Singh to play Vaijanthimala (Amrapali) on TV!

Sonia Singh to play Vaijanthimala (Amrapali) on TV!
Sonia Singh
It's time for some change for TV actress Sonia Singh. Wondering why we are saying so? Well, audiences have always seen Sonia in negative roles and she has now bagged a creative role on TV.

A little birdie whispered in our ears that TV actress Sonia Singh, who was last seen in Colors' Parichay and Sahara One's Jhilmil Sitaaron Ka Angan Hoga as a vamp, has now bagged Zee TV's Buddha-Rajao Ka Raja and the actress will portray the character of Amrapali- the renowned dancer on the show.

READ: Buddha faced issues in Nepal for hurting sentiments

"Sonia Singh has already started shooting for the show and her entry will be telecast soon in the upcoming episodes," adds our source.

When contacted, Sonia confirmed, "It's a pleasure to play something different after a long gap. I am looking forward for the role which was earlier played by Vaijanthimala in the movie 'Amrapali'."
Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

edited

Edited by Ms.S.K. - 9 years ago
Proud-India thumbnail

Why did Sonia Singh opt out of Buddha?

😛😉😊
Why did Sonia Singh opt out of Buddha?
Sonia Singh
TOI recently updated readers on a new entry in B.K.Modi's Buddha, aired on Zee TV. However, as per the latest information we have received, Sonia Singh who was roped in to play the character of Amrapali has backed out of the show. Why? Read on.

A source close to the sets informs, "Sonia Singh had already started the shoot for her role as Amrapali but unfortunately she got injured while rehearsing for a dance sequence. Hence, she won't be able to essay the character further. Luckily, her entry was not telecast."

READ: Sonia Singh to play Vaijanthimala (Amrapali) on TV

When contacted, Sonia Singh confirmed, "I got hurt while practicing for a classical dance sequence. I twisted my leg and tore a ligament. As it takes long time to heal, I had no option but to back out from the show."

All we can say is get well soon Sonia!
Proud-India thumbnail

Himanshu Soni is the new Buddha

😛
Himanshu Soni is the new Buddha
Buddha
Young actor from Jaipur Himanshu Soni is playing the character of Gautam Buddha in BK Modi's show Buddha. The actor has earlier done shows like Parvarish, Ramayan, Crime Patrol, Adaalat and a lead in a show called Yeh Zindagi Hai Gulshan.

READ: I want to be remembered as Buddha says Himanshu

When asked about doing such a serious role at such a young age, he says, "I was a line producer and have also done a bit of ramp modelling. My father is a painter and has his own business in which my mother also helps. After finishing my education my father wanted to see me settling down with something stable. When I announced that I want to become an actor they were never against that. After coming to Mumbai I have done shows where I played my age and when I got this role I knew that this is not only a show on Lord Buddha but also a journey of King Siddharth to Buddha. It is very fascinating and the story between Yashodhara and Siddharth is untold. And this is also a dream which BK Modi sir has nurtured for near about 35 years. I am honoured to be a part of B.K. Modi's dream. I was never reluctant to take up this right from my audition to look test to going for Vipasana. I was confident about the outcome. My family is also very happy with me." Himanshu also feels this show will mark a very important chapter in his career. "I got to learn many new things through this role. But for me, I am learning the nine emotions through one character. I feel lucky and fortunate and I hope that the audience will love me and shower their fondness towards me and Buddha."
Ms.SK thumbnail
Resshmi Ghosh replaces Nigaar Khan in 'Budhha' 

Resshmi Ghosh replaces Nigaar Khan in 'Budhha'
Resshmi Ghosh
Gauahar Khan's been making headlines for the past few days. Now, her sister Nigaar Khan too is in the news. Nigaar, who was playing the negative role of Mangala in Buddha has quit the show due to date issues. According to sources, she had wanted to quit the show for some time now. When we contacted Nigaar, she said, "I was losing out on many offers due to my dates with the show. It was an amicable decision with the production house, so there are no grudges." 

Resshmi Ghosh will replace Nigaar Khan. Reshmi, who married actor Siddharth Vasudev a few months ago, is excited about playing Mangala. It's not just the role, but also the fact that Siddharth will be her onscreen husband that makes it all the more interesting for her. 

So, was Resshmi recommended for this role by Siddharth? "No, it is only a coincidence that Reshmi is playing Siddharth's onscreen wife," said Ridhwana, co-producer of Buddha. 

Ms.SK thumbnail
Neha Kaur Uppal replaces Sonia Singh in Buddha 

Neha Kaur Uppal replaces Sonia Singh in Buddha
Neha Kaur Uppal
It seems like the small screen is on a replacement spree these days with Sudha Chandran replacing Mona Ambegaonkar inKaisa Yeh Ishq Hai and Resshmi Ghoshreplacing Nigaar Khan in Buddha.

And now the latest we hear is that B.K.Modi'sBuddha is once again going to see one more replacement in the coming days.

READ: Sudha Chandran replaces Mona Ambegaonkar in Kaisa Yeh...

Our sources inform, "Newbie Neha Kaur Uppalwill now essay the role of Amrapali. Buddha is Neha Kaur Uppal's debut show on TV and the model turned actress has hosted a show titled 'NDTV Imagine showbiz'. Moreover, Neha wasMTV Fashion Gorgeous's winner."

Earlier it was reported that Sonia Singh was the first choice to play Amrapali in Buddha but the actress opted out of the show due to her keen injury. Now, the makers have finally found her replacement in Neha Kaur Uppal.

When contacted, Neha Kaur Uppal confirmed, "It's been a great experience while shooting forBuddha and I am looking forward to it."

Neha's entry as Amrapali will be telecast on 4th January 2014.

Ms.SK thumbnail

edited

Edited by Ms.S.K. - 9 years ago
Ms.SK thumbnail
No Bigg Boss' for me as I can't bitch about others:Himanshu Soni

No Bigg Boss' for me as I can't bitch about others:Himanshu Soni
Himanshu Soni
Actor Himanshu Soni aka King Siddharth (Buddha) from B. K Modi and Ridwana's showBuddha- Rajao Ke Raja feels he will always be loyal to his show and won't leave it at any cost.

Talking about his future as an actor, Himanshu says,"As a line producer to an aspirant actor to play a character like Buddha means a lot to me. Currently I am very focused and in my free time I am only concentrating on my performance."

"People do ask me about my future plans. Interestingly, I also get offers from films but I am loyal to the show because they have taught me to walk as an actor. I will never ever leave the show," adds Himashu.

Himanshu recently completed a meditation course called Vipasana, where he had left everything for almost for 10 days. "Right from the beginning of the project Ridhwana mam and Modi Sirguided me for everything. Whatever I have delivered on screen is just because of them," shares Himanshu when asked about his divine look in the show.

Will you be able to fit in a house like Bigg Boss? Or else are you ready to take up the reality show if offered? "Never say No! But I consider myself very matured and focused so I don't think I can ever match myself inside the house as I can't bitch about others," signs off Himanshu.

Way to go Himanshu!

Proud-India thumbnail

Buddha's Amrapali was crowned as Miss Mumbai & Maharashtra queen

Buddha's Amrapali was crowned as Miss Mumbai & Maharashtra queen
Neha Kaur Uppal
Television these days is something big and everyone is open for it. The latest actress who is all set to debut on TV with B. K. Modi's Buddha is Neha Kaur Uppal who has done a film titled "Sher" which is still unreleased.

She says, "Acting was on my mind since my theater days back in my hometown Jabalpur (M.P) , where I had participated in various inter collegiate competition. So after the reality contest on MTV, I started meeting producers for movies I got a warm response and got the role of a married Muslim girl in Soham Shah's Sher."

"The film was 80 percent complete and stuck. I started looking out for work and through audition I got this role. I was pulled in by the passion and the commitment of Dr B.K. Modi and Ridwana towards Buddha. Their conviction and dedication was infectious and rubbed off on me in no time. It's like being a part of their family. I entered the television world since the boom in television is exponential, also I think I wanted to come out of my comfort zone too and flex my acting muscles which had become rusty," she adds further.

READ: Neha Kaur Uppal replaces Sonia Singh in Buddha

Speaking about her role she says, "Amrapali is person where everybody fell victim to her beauty and when she finds someone who does not do the same she takes it as a challenge . So the only way to play out that challenge is to seduce him. For Buddha I underwent a rigorous dance training for five days. It's a challenging role and Buddha team is fantastic to work with. "

On being asked about her background she says, "I have worked as an anchor on TV channels for 3 years among which I have reported and anchored a show on
Ndtv Imagine Showbiz called 'No Biz Like Showbiz" in which I have had the opportunity to interview the Business fraternity of Indian and Pakistani film industry. In my diverse portfolio I have been crowned Miss Mumbai 05 and Maharashtra Queen 05. I have also Participated in Miss India in 2006. In 2009 I won a reality contest called Mtv Fast and the Gorgeous which made me travel with Force India (Formula One Team) for almost 3 yrs as a Speed Diva."