Buddha - Article Archive - Page 7

Posted: 10 years ago
When your real-life husband is also your onscreen husband 

Resshmi Ghosh and Siddharth Vasudev Show: BuddhaResshmi says they aren't a couple that goes 'Hi baby' on the set. "We are completely professional and we complement each other. I was offered the show in the beginning, but Siddharth was not comfortable with us working together since he is a bit possessive. He is a very private person. But when the offer came again, he agreed and I also felt that it would be nice to work with him. It's not just about spending time together, but about reaching that comfort level professionally, too. However, I have to be careful not to behave like a wife at work. Playing the dual role of a wife at home and on the screen is a task in itself," she says. 

an extract from:

edited

Edited by Ms.S.K. - 9 years ago
I thought of ending my life twice, when my career hit an all-time low: Amit Behl 

I thought of ending my life twice, when my career hit an all-time low: Amit Behl
Amit Behl

Amit Behl on his struggles and how he coped with them

Telly actor Amit Behl, who is busy with two shows " as a vicious father-in-law in Jee Le Zara and as Guru Vachaspati in Buddha " says he had actually contemplated suicide when his career hit an all-time low in 2003-2004.

The actor, who debuted with telly show Shanti in the 90s, saw his career come to a standstill when saas-bahu shows became the trend. Says he, "There was a time when producers turned away from me as I did not fit into their scheme of things. On one hand, I was appreciated for my work in theatre, films and TV, but on the other hand, there was nothing to hold on to. TV was suddenly about women-centric shows and kitchen politics. It was such a bad phase that I thought of ending my life not once, but twice. When you have tasted success and suddenly no one is looking at you, you feel totally rejected. I even tonsured my head. However, after my son was born, luck started favouring me and I got into TV again. I did roles in Dekha Ek Khwaab and Savitri, but my role in Jee Le Zara has got me good reviews."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/tv/news-interviews/I-thought-of-ending-my-life-twice-when-my-career-hit-an-all-time-low-Amit-Behl/articleshow/29111786.cms?

edited

Doing films is the next thing on my agenda: Kaajal Jain 

Doing films is the next thing on my agenda: Kaajal Jain
Kaajal Jain

Pretty lass Kaajal Jain, who hails from Gwalior, is making a pretty impression with her stint at the gorgeous Yashodhara in the TV showBuddha by B.K Modi and Ridwana.

Talking about her role in Buddha Kaajal says, "When I bagged the role of Yashodhara after the audition and the look tests, I was more than happy to have got the opportunity. I am a spiritual person at heart. Once I also went toVipasana for ten days. I had never imagined I will be doing a show like Buddha. The show explores many layers and gives an insight into many things which are otherwise not known to many about Yashodhara and Siddharth." 

Kaajal feels, everyday of shooting and portraying Yashodhara adds another layer of learning experience to her. Adds Kaajal, "The show has been conceived so nicely and being made in such a larger than life scale that impressed me a lot." 

Having said that Kaajal seems to aiming for more glam moments as she says, "When people ask me what's next for me, I say 'definitely films'. Doing films is the next thing on my agenda, but right now my entire focus is on Buddha."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/tv/news-interviews/Doing-films-is-the-next-thing-on-my-agenda-Kaajal-Jain/articleshow/29821450.cms?

ZEE TV's Buddha' in trouble for hurting religious sentiments?

'Buddha' on ZEE TV

'Buddha' on ZEE TV

ZEE TV could be forced to take its mythological show Buddha' off-air after a petition was filed at the Bombay High Court, which said it hurt religious sentiments.

The notice was asked the Maharashtra government to file an affidavit in two weeks.

"We won't go into minor factors. If two different philosophies are followed, we will not interfere. If something is an offence and there are clear grounds for that, we will look into it," said Justice S.J. Vazifdar, who, along with Justice B.P. Colabawala, was on a Bench.

Petitioners Samta Sainik Dal and Bharat Leni Sanvardhan Samiti said, "They [the producers] have wrongly represented facts. There are many false things which have been depicted. They have not referred to the right religious books on Buddhism."

According to reports, the petitioners said it has sent copies of the notices to director Ashutosh Gowarikar, producer of ZEE TV B.K. Modi, Subhash Chandra of the ZEE Group, storywriter Shrikant Sharma, the Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry, the Broadcasting Content Complaints Council and DD National.

By TOI

5 popular TV actors in shocking B-grade films

Sameer Dharmadhikari: Not many would know that Sameer Dhamradhikari, who is best known for his roles in historical and mythological shows like Jhansi Ki Rani, Buddha and Mahabharat has also done a few B-grade films. He was part of films like Game also starring Sherlyn Chopa and the movie Madhubala to name a few. 

Siddhartha to come up with a plan to construct a new road to help trade in Zee TV's Buddha

Dr B.K. Modi's Buddha - Rajaon Ka Raja on Zee TV will see a new highpoint this weekend with Siddhartha (Himanshu Soni) and Suddhodan (Sameer Dharmadhikari) being upset over the fact that Prasanjeet refused giving war expenses. On the other hand, Mangla (Reshmi Ghosh) would be excited over her brother Tapodhan coming up with a wedding proposal for her son Devdutt (Devyansh Tapuriah).

In the Sangha Sabha, all the Shakyan kings will be upset with Prasanjeet refusing to give war expenses. All will blame Siddhartha and Suddhodhan for this; Raja Tapodhan will also blame Siddhartha for not interfering in his state's political matters. Suddhodhan will get angry over this and will ask Tapodhan to leave the Sangha Sabha.

This will be when Siddhartha will come up with a plan to construct a new road which will help Magadh for trade, and in return would help them earn tax from travellers. On the other side, Mangla will get furious and counter Sudhodhan for ill-treating Raja Tapodhan in Sangha Sabha.

All this and more for the viewers to watch this weekend (9 February) on Zee TV's Buddha.

edited

edited