•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

KBC' gets its first crorepati

DC | Natasha Coutinho | 34 min 50 sec ago

Taj Mohammed Rangrez a teacher from Udaipur, Rajasthan, is the first contestant to walk away with the title of Crorepati on the seventh season of Sony's 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'. When asked how it feels he says, "Meri zindagi mein samman aur paisa ek saath aa gaya (I have won respect and money at the same time). I am a simple and ordinary person who has at one point of time, even worked at a scrap dealer's shop. So winning such a huge amount of money is a huge deal for me."

Taj says life has been tough on him and while his days of poverty may have ended, he is clear about his priorities. He reveals, "Till about seven or eight months ago, my daughter had no vision. We got her checked by doctors in Kota and they said that there was a problem with a nerve in the brain. At that time we didn't have enough funds to get her treated properly but now I want to do that. Also my sister remained unmarried because of our financial condition and she looked after the family after my father's death. I want to do something for her as well. I don't want a big car or a bungalow. I want to utilise this money to get orphan girls married."

Ask him how he prepared for the show and he says, "I read books of the civil services competitive exams and also researched about what kind of questions are asked. Aisa karte karte raasta saaf hote gaya (That's how I paved the way)." Speaking about host Amitabh Bachchan he says, "Bachchan saab is very sweet, co-operative, energetic and he kept encouraging me. Unhone kabhi nahi jataya that he is such a big superstar. He treated me just like his son."

Pages