Priya Wal on Face the People: Cyber Abuse

Posted: 10 years ago
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bIa_o82EDuM[/YOUTUBE]

Also, Priya is going to be part of new MTV show, Webbed. Still watching the video...so will edit once I finish seeing it.
Edited by hey.bhaggu - 10 years ago
Wow! That was a very good discussion session. I remember in my middle school, we had a 2 hour cyber-protection session where we were told the pros and cons of this cyber world, and the ways to maintain that privacy and safety of our lives on such a naked platform. And that time I was of such a young age that I knew what they were talking about but I didn't understand it completely. But I have to say that something like that is so helpful...because like most of them mentioned in the video...most of the people do not realize what they are doing wrong until it is done.
There are people on this very forum (not remix only) who have faked their names, who have pretended to have cancer when they were perfectly normal. And I, unfortunately, knew some of them and was friends with them. And sometimes I wonder why would people do that? The fact is that most of the times it is to gain attention and sympathy and trying to fit in. There are also other type of crowd who deliberately do it to set a trap for young kids. 

I remember in Remix, how Yuvi-Sid-Nakool faked their name and age to go out with a college girl, without realizing how wrong they were...and then how RD sir made them understand the consequences of such an action. I think also the girls who mugs them were met on Internet first. While that was just a small part of the whole show, I think it is as much necessary. Similarly like sex ed. that Sonia gave in class once. India desperately needs to be educated on sex and the uses of internet. 

The problem is that people who are culprits or victims of cyber abuse do not realize the responsibility that comes with using Internet. Like Priya said, they need to use Internet with sensibility. 

Although I agree that I might not have watched this show if Priya was not in it (might not even have known about it), unless I was home for the weekend or something, but I would watch it now. 
Can someone just let me know the days and timings of this show, Webbed?
Edited by hey.bhaggu - 10 years ago
Thnx 2 inform Nitz,😳This show really gonna b a helping aid for teens n adults who don't know wht to do if they face any cyber crime n make them more secure!! I don't why cyber criminals do all these bull-shit stuffs!! I think some do this 2 take revenge, some to get popularity n some do it for just fun,sick!! 

I too faced these when i was new to social sites. Actually many guys started me sending cheap msgs n some ppl said they have some physical or health problem n i'm alone  need a frnd.. so plz make me ur frnd😡 I was just fed up wid these all, so change my pics!! I n India,mostly womans face these all problems bcs woman treats badly by ppl after tht not the criminal thts what is our ppl mindsets is like!!!  Cyber criminals make womans life helll by posting their abusive pics on sites.I had watched some epis on Crime Patrol where ppl mostly do this to take revenge n for blackmailing as just bcs she or he refused them,ignored them!!  

Secondly,their r so many cheap ads comes btw when we r doing google n specially when i'm searching for any softwares n movie, this is wht  Malware!! I want to say ppl, plj don't do google or search anything while using FB or other social sites bcs cyber criminal track us by locating our areas information!! I think u all also watched many times tht if we go to any website,they want our location,plz say no!!  Now toh their are many anti-malwares available n quick heal is the best one 4 this!!

And Nitz, u can see the timing in the video,they showed below the video...I just captured the timing...It will come on Sat, Sep 14 @7pm but don't know,every sat???😕

Its a 10 part series n also has ppl like pratyusha banerjee..vikas gupta ritwick dhanjani etc n these guys hosting an epi each...pics of the launch of the show r put up on telly chakkar
thnx nappy for sharing...hope to catch up wid the show...atleast priyas epi
I saw the pics ashi and priya is looking gorgeous in that white dress😳 i am on my ipad right now so cant post the pics abhi but will once i go home😳 might even make something out of them...would be touching my photoshop after about a month or so!!
Priya's pics at the launch of Webbed:

Acticle from TOI since it quoted Priya:

Ten popular faces from the small screen will join hands to fight cyber crime, thereby creating awareness among the public. 

Produced by Vikas Gupta, the show titled MTV Webbed, will feature actors like Pratyusha Banerjee " the original Anandi from Balika Vadhu, Rithvik Dhanjani, Karanvir Bohra, Priya Wal and Meiyang Chang among others. Talks are on with Siddharth 'Shiv' Shukla and Jay Bhanushali to join the initiative. In an attempt to create awareness on cyber abuse, 10 youth icons will come together for a 10 part special one-hour series.

Confirms Priya, "It's a great initiative. The youth and kids of today's day and age don't like to be preached or tutored. The show will both educate and entertain them at the same time. Cyber crime is on the rise and people often don't take it seriously."

Has the actress ever been victimised? "Not to an extent that would result in sleepless nights. But there are a lot of imposters, who create fake accounts on social networking sites and tweet under my name. It's extremely intrusive and sad. Unfortunately, there is little I can do about it."

thanks for sharing nitz 😊
this show will definitely aware all teenagers and kids who use internet and other social networking websites
so true people have engaged themseles so much in this internet virtual world...going out talking with people is so rare
there are some of my facebook freinds who are my ex school mates they never even say a hii if i meet them anywhere 😕 that is really weired and yes there is a crowd i would say cheap croud on facebook they just keep checking young girls profiles send them cheap messages.. if girls dont reply they get abused ..
i think sharing anything on social networking sites is not wrong but yes ur friend list should have all trustworthy people 

i used to watch mtv 2-3 years ago as i liked roadies but some shows like splitsvilla and all were so damn annoying thats y i left watching mtv
now thankfully a sensible show will be there on mtv and  i ll watch it for sure 😉
Edited by dieya - 10 years ago
WOW...didn't read anything yet coz m busy just staring at the white angelll☺️...she is looking gorgeousss🤗🤗...omg m getting all the WallieFeels☺️

naps make something porfavor...

...edited...

and looks like Priya knows abt this impostor of hers on twitter...I really don't know what to blv That person talks with so much conviction ki at least I got fooled at first but in just five ten odd tweets u can make out its not Priya...anyone who knows Priya or have followed her interviews wld be able to make out...I just don't get how she is not banned yet...
Edited by FollowYourHeart - 10 years ago
okay just saw the vid I say freaking awesome initiative and much much MUCH needed...I am a teacher and I deal with kids and teens day in and day out and every single day I see young, innocent girls being fooled and getting their hearts stomped over by these fake buboons...and I think the biggest, biggest abuse is the problemn of fake identities, i have seen so many instances where some notorious, jealous boys pose as girls and do horrifyingly cheap talks with x y z persons right there on the facebook wall and then the next day that poor girl is too too ahsamed and miserable to come to school and when she tries to stand up for herself, the rumors are so wide spread ki she can't get rid of them...its horrendeous...this happened with a student in my own very class man and I remember she was under serious depression for months because of it, she couldn't focus on studies, she couldn't trust her friends, school had become a punishment for her...byy god's grace she came out of it and things cleared up for her but not every girl would be this lucky...Like Priya said kids don't even realize they are doing something wrong,,,most of the time these kids are just messing around or trying to play pranks on each other and they don't even realize when or how these pranks go out of their hands and become real menace...

and I completely completely agree with Raghu...if u don't have anything people would never be able to use it against you...relationships or no you CAN'T share intimate photos or videos with ANYONE...first and foremost toh if its a real relationship or a real true love or whatever you won't feel the need to share revealing photos or make intimate videos...thats your private life yaar why do u freaking need to share it with the world?...and if your boyfriend really loves u and more importantly respects u YOU not your body...then he wld never want to indulge into such cheap things and even if he does you should have the guts to say a straight NO...because god forbid that relatio0nship goes wrong the very next day u wld find all those photos and videos swirling all over the damned web...and then the pain and humiliation and betrayal which you would face would be too much to overcome...

and COMPLETELY agree with Priya when she said you can't blame the medium Internet is a blessing, its a sign of freedom of liberation...free speech, free expression..thats the biggest wheel of a democracy of a freaking free world...and like with every blessing their are certain negatives or downsides, so is the case with internet...po*nography is an abuse a damn shame a damn slap to the very existance of society and culture and love and respect...but would banning it give all the answers?...This is one of the biggest debates between the Democrats and The Republicans in America and I am with The Democrats who say you can't ban pronography coz like it or not pronography too is someone's right to free expression and if today we curb pronography on the pretext that its harmful then that dya isn't far when government would use its executive power to curb anything and everything it considers "harmful" and first and foremost they would start with people criticising them and their policies and this ultimately would give way to another era of dictatorship...banning pronography would be the beginning of the end of democracy of freedom of free speech...we can't do that, we have to find a way in our own value system, in our own strength of character to make pronography freaking irrelevent that it automatically is flushed out of our lives...!!