Buddha

Nepali cable operators ban screening of Buddha serial:Mod note pg4

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Nepali cable operators ban screening of Zee's Buddha serial 😲

Nepal's Cable TV Association Sunday banned screening of the inaugural episode of a Zee TV serial on the life of Buddha, opposing the claim that he was born in India.

Millions of Nepali households could not watch the hour-long episode, whose broadcast began from Sunday. Other programmes of Zee TV went on as schedule.

"Yes, we have put a ban on screening the 'Buddha' today (Sunday), as we came across huge reaction against it on social sites. We thought that it may hurt the sentiments of Nepali audiences so we decided to stop screening the serial for the (sake of) social harmony," Sudhir Parajuli, chairman of Nepal Cable TV Association, told IANS.

There was huge outrage from Nepali users on Facebook and Twitter about the "Buddha" serial and its claim that the Buddha was born in India and his entire upbringing took place in the northern part of India.

The association said it had also informed the Nepal government and the Indian embassy here about its decision. The government did not react to the ban.

"We also tried to contact Zee TV officials but, due to a public holiday, we could not establish contact and inform them about our decision. We will call them again on Monday and discuss the matter," said Parajuli.

The association itself watched the episode and said it had nothing about the claim and counter-claim.

"The world knows that Buddha as born in Nepal... if we telecast the serial and went on claiming that Buddha was born in India, in terms of security perspective, we can be targeted," said Parajuli.

After the issue emerged on social media and attracted wide criticism, actor Kabir Bedi, who is playing a lead role in the serial, apologized on Twitter.

"Yes, my friends, I mis-spoke. Forgive me. Lord Buddha was certainly born in Lumbini, Nepal. My apologies to all whose feelings were hurt," he tweeted.

As the issue of the spot of the Buddha's birth has become an international issue, the Nepal government - to persuade its own citizens and world community - has decided to issue notes of denomination Rs.100, featuring Lumbini, the birth palce of Buddha featuring Ashoka Pillar on the front of the notes where it will be mentioned "Lumbini: The Birth Place of Lord Buddha".

The Lumbini site has been declared a world heritage site by UNESCO, which says: "The Lord Buddha was born in 623 BC in the sacred area of Lumbini located in the Terai plains of southern Nepal, testified by the inscription on the pillar erected by the Mauryan Emperor Asoka in 249 BC."

Nepal is dedicatedly working on preserving the site as a holy place.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I really can't understand.

What are the necessity to open this point?

We are ready to accept that Buddha is from Nepal.

What they need extra to announce now?

Even official ZEE TV posted this that he is from Nepal.It is different matter that he was also came to India & made Buddha at Gaya,Bihar.

In very 1st episode,they had not told that he is from India or not.They simply showed Kapilvastu nagari in Beautiful Himalayas.

Buddha is all over world's Lord.

And we can't forget his Contribution of Peace in world.Think that.

At this moment,What is real Buddha  thinking in mind?? surely He would be sad that this is meaningless matter.

We should watch show & take knowledge from his life.

We must praise show that how excellent show with higher cast & cinematography.

PKYEK100 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Proud-India

<font color="#FF0099">I really can't understand.

Even official ZEE TV posted this that he is from Nepal.It is different matter that he was also came to India & made Buddha at Gaya,Bihar.

In very 1st episode,they had not told that he is from India or not.They simply showed Kapilvastu nagari in Beautiful Himalayas.

At this moment,What is real Buddha thinking in mind?? surely He would be sad that this is meaningless matter.

We must praise show that how excellent show with higher cast & cinematography.</font>

u know that gautam budha was born in Nepal but most of the people dont know it...for example kabir bedi had said that budha was born in india ..how can he say that...not only that in this serial web also they wrote that budha was born in indian...if the serial dont know the histry then why they r making the serial and hurting people...
             u dont know how neplese people r hurt...if we say that loRd ram was born in nepal then how do u feel...that is not a simple thing yar...
navyyata thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Proud-India

<font color="#FF0099">I really can't understand.

At this moment,What is real Buddha thinking in mind?? surely He would be sad that this is meaningless matter.

We must praise show that how excellent show with higher cast & cinematography.</font>

Dear chill out... and take a deep air... as this forum is for discussing about our show... she just discussed it.
and i agree with her many people ... here in India don't really know that Gautam Buddha was born in Nepal. It's very good that u know it. But,
Don't u remember flim 'Chadani Chowk to China'?? Here also they made the same rumur about India being birth place of...
It really hurts Nepalese.. U should understand.

And moreover if it realy didn't matter and cvs know history well then The show will lose nothing if they will tell that Nepal ... Lumbini.. (recently called Kapilvastu ) was birth place of Lord Buddha.
In Lumbini u can see real place ..

finally i want to say lets make this forum peaceful as we all are here in Lord Buddha's forum..
galacticgem thumbnail
Now they have banned the whole Zee Tv channels..  the creatives of this serial now have to think seriously. they shouldnt hurt the sentiments of the viewers... make the serial in the context of Nepal or else stopped this serial... 
navyyata thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: galacticgem

Now they have banned the whole Zee Tv channels.. the creatives of this serial now have to think seriously. they shouldnt hurt the sentiments of the viewers... make the serial in the context of Nepal or else stopped this serial...

I agree with u. we can see it clearly in Social sites like Facebook and Twitter...Indian and Nepalese people r arguing over it.
If Cv's are making show based on Lord Buddha's life giving us meaning of life and enlighting us... then they should give us correct and full information else stop it.
Due to not leading people correctly, I am afraid... at future, people may question on Lord Buddha's existance too..
sandiya_21683 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
For we buddhist people it doesn't matter where he is born. His teaching is important, not his birth place. Everybody can claim on him or no body can claim on him because his teaching is universal. Nepali majority don't even like buddhist, they didn't allow minority buddhist to construct a temple last month, there were lots of protest by the buddhists on the news. Nepali started licking chinese feet for money, they sell lumbini for money to china. They started treating tibetan buddhist people badly to please chinese and wag their tail so chinese throw some money bones to them. They backstab india and tibetan both. Very unbuddhistic to me. 😡
sandiya_21683 thumbnail
When we buddhist think of lord buddha, we think of india. Lord buddha is born in india as he became buddha in bodhgaya after enlightenment before this in kapilavastu he is prince siddharth. So you can say prince siddharth is born in nepal and lord buddha is born in india. Finish.
Targaryen-gal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sandiya_21683

When we buddhist think of lord buddha, we think of india. Lord buddha is born in india as he became buddha in bodhgaya after enlightenment before this in kapilavastu he is prince siddharth. So you can say prince siddharth is born in nepal and lord buddha is born in india. Finish.

hello darling! You must be the first buddhist who I have seen having these issues in my life. Have you even been to swayambhunath? Have you even seen the hindu temple right next to the stupa? Have you even noticed the nath that comes with swayambhu and boudha?? Even I being a hindu visit swayambhu and boudha twice a year! The stores surrounding the stupas even sell lord ganesha, lord bhairav's statues and masks. We even have our family deuma there!
And are all indians buddhist in india. The stupas are a big thing only around sikkim and laddak and darjeeling where there are many nepalese speaking people. And well if you are born in india and do your work in america, you still are an indian! So just don't get excited dude!
sandiya_21683 thumbnail
Originally posted by: samana17

hello darling! You must be the first buddhist who I have seen having these issues in my life. Have you even been to swayambhunath? Have you even seen the hindu temple right next to the stupa? Have you even noticed the nath that comes with swayambhu and boudha?? Even I being a hindu visit swayambhu and boudha twice a year! The stores surrounding the stupas even sell lord ganesha, lord bhairav's statues and masks. We even have our family deuma there!
And are all indians buddhist in india. The stupas are a big thing only around sikkim and laddak and darjeeling where there are many nepalese speaking people. And well if you are born in india and do your work in america, you still are an indian! So just don't get excited dude!

I am neither your darling nor a dude, you should have known that by my name or are you trying to copy american. Ha ha. Nepalese lick english feet before and kill many people from india, tibet and hongkong. Now they want to lick chinese feet and kill indian and tibetan and other himalayan people. They almost stole bhutan by illegal immigration but bhutanese knew their plan and kick them out. They stole darjeeling from native people by spreading like rabbit, tomorrow they will steal sikkim from the native, they need to be kicked out of india. Asian should boycott nepalese for war crime.