Poll

Next PM of India?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Bazigar thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Narendra Modi's Jaipur speech: A for Abuse, B for Bunkum

In yet another speech yesterday, Narendra Modi A for Abused the Congress (his "ABCD of corruption" jab) and sputtered out more B for Bunkum. In every speech he delivers, he does the same. Makes me wonder if this really is the limit of his oratory and politics, or if he is even capable of dreaming up a vision for India
I have not heard one constructive word from him ever. Since he (or his party) has shown a preference for the US-like Presidential system of elections, in which opposing candidates face off with each other, why doesn't he follow the core ideology of that system? Or tell us what his vision for India is? But Modi runs away from such things. Is it because he doesn't even have a vision for India? A mock website created some time back bearing his name as its URL asked the visitor to click on a button "For more on my vision" - when the visitor tried doing that, the button would jump to some other place on the screen. It was impossible to know Modi's vision! It appeared a little premature then, but now I am convinced Modi really doesn't have a vision for the country.

I know Modi's supporters will jump up in extreme anger and point to the "Gujarat model" as being his vision for India. Modi will make all of India like Gujarat...blah blah blah. But what exactly has been Gujarat's success? What is a stronger achievement - a state that has grown at some 10 percent per annum over the last 10 years - impressive surely - or a country that has grown at 8 percent plus over the same period? Even the most ordinary person knows that the country's growth rate is the "average" of the high performing states and the low performing ones.

By mathematical certainty, the country's average growth will be less than that of a well performing state's. To prove this point - and only Modi's strongest supporters need such proof - even if Modi became PM, the country would grow slower than Gujarat. If that happened, would Modi be called a bad PM? Or the CM better than the PM? Besides, Gujarat is hardly alone when it comes to fast growth. Maharashtra, Haryana, TN, AP, Delhi, from amongst the bigger states, that have all been growing rapidly. Gujarat's position still remains 5th in terms of GDP. What about social indicators? We know the sad story here - whether it is about HDI or women's health or child issues - Gujarat fares poorly. So what is this Gujarat model really?

I am now also convinced that Modi only delivers "one-way speeches", in which he can say anything and run away without having to answer tough questions, but never gives any "one-on-one interviews" in which he can be questioned on specifics. Apparently, Modi has only given three interviews so far. One of those was to Karan Thapar, who everyone knows brooks no bunkum from anyone, in which Modi walked out because he couldn't handle the questions! If Modi is half as much of a leader as he pretends to be, why would he walk out of a tough situation? The BJP mocks the PM for not speaking much, but everyone knows that he is one of the foremost economists in the world, respected even by leaders of the G20. But what about Modi, who otherwise speaks so much, but never gives one-on-one interviews?

In fact, I am now convinced that Modi knows very little of what people from his state are famous for - business. When he said "China spends 20% of its GDP on education" to a bunch of Fergusson college students, it wasn't just a casual mistake. No Gujarati would make such a fundamental blunder. Modi made it because he simply doesn't understand percentages, or maybe GDP, or education, and most certainly the three together. Equally when he makes illiterate comments on the rupee, he cannot even begin to scratch the surface of the complex economic theories that determine forex values. His shallowness comes right through.

This is why Modi focuses on only two things. The first is to Abuse the Congress. That's easy to do. Abusing comes easily to politicians, especially those without any positive agenda of their own. Modi is just better at oratory and so his abuses sound nattier, but they are, at the end of the day, just abuses. Why, Modi has even abused Nehru, forgetting even basic courtesies to leaders of that era (what's courtesy?!), for guess what...the falling rupee
!
The second is to do Bunkum, especially around religion. He is exceedingly comfortable with this. For when he refuses to integrate Muslims (and Christians and others) into his politics, it is bunkum. When he refuses to acknowledge and appreciate their culture, even refusing to wear their symbolic skull cap, its bunkum. And when he calls himself a Hindu nationalist, not an Indian nationalist, ignoring the diversity of India, it's bunkum. When he uses Sardar Patel's name, ignoring the great leader's views on the RSS, it's bunkum. And when he refuses to apologize for Godhra and the riots that followed in his state, it's again bunkum. His entire politics is bunkum.

So here is a fervent appeal to Modi. Keep doing the two things that you do very well. We want to hear more of both, sir. That way, we get to know you better. When we heard you on the Food Security Bill for example (for which you abused the Congress), we learnt that in fact, you would like to give more, and cheaper than the Congress gave. The protests were all bunkum! And when you spoke on India's border skirmishes with Pakistan and China, we came to know that you would take a hard line, meaning we should prepare ourselves for a conflagration at the borders during your tenure. And when we heard you at Fergusson college, we understood that every number you dish out is bunkum. The more you speak sir, the more we get to know you. So please do speak more
The real truth is that forget the Congress's vision expostulated as ABCD by Modi yesterday. This may or may not be true but what is definitely true is Modi's A and B - Abuse and Bunkum. That's become the defining features of the BJP's presumptive PM candidate...

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/narendra-modis-jaipur-speech-a-for-abuse-b-for-bunkum-1100663.html?utm_source=ref_article

A good satire ðŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BARBlE thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
😆 ðŸ˜† did someone say NaMo runs away  from debating (US style) with his opponent !! but first we need to know ke unka opponent / challenger hai kaun ? ðŸ˜†

btw, it was advani ji , who first challenged MMS for a US style debate in last gen elections ðŸ˜Š but congis in general and MMS in particular chickened out ðŸ˜›
Edited by _barbie - 10 years ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Is question ne mujhe dharam sankat me daal liya hai

You cant just ask to choose the better one from the two worst candidates for PM in India ever

.Peeves. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: BeShArAm

Is question ne mujhe dharam sankat me daal liya hai

You cant just ask to choose the better one from the two worst candidates for PM in India ever

In case of Rahul Gandhi, it is! 
But you find Modi worst! 
LOL whom do you like then? 
Manmohan Singh? ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜†
armummy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Anybody other than Modi will be good for the county
Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
politics and me...well here i go.

i think both parties are not good for our country. i agree atal ji govt was the best till date, but just look at them both. congress is a house of corruption, BJP's most people are power hungry for PM...all congressmen atleast support the person who is chosen by high command, but BJP is divided into many parts. and alone modi cant do anything...he need a team, and when all are hungry for our, what team modi can make to rule a largest population country?

i think we need another party...and which is unfortunately missing. we mango people have no choice accept these 2. the 3rd front is worse than BJP
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
these silly youths who are between the age of 18- 21, think that "Oh, both are horrible, we must find a way to get a perfect government!" and other rubbish. Fact is, there IS NO PERFECT GOVERNMENT! even usa and china have flaws in govt, but the administration is so sincere! SO WAS VAJPAYEES REGIME! it wasnt perfect but it was relatively THE BEST government india ever had!

Modi has done tremendous work in gujarat! hell one guy from gujarat said you can get ration cards in 2 days of application, and life for the lower income groups are much better, no riots for 11 years since 2002, hindus and muslims get along best there. so it's not just bridges and skyscrapers. Also all these people who put human development figures, NONE of them are realtime, all past data, and huge investments in healthcare and education have taken place since such data got recorded!

Also, you people keep saying how nitish kumar increased the growth rate of bihar which used to be poor, so hes better. first off ANYONE can be better than laloo yadav. And why the hell do people still run away from bihar to work in chennai, mumbai, bangalore etc. Yes some gujjus move to mumbai but who doesnt? even i want to work in the financial capital of india!

And women have said that ahmedbad is safe to go out at night! wheres the bridges and roads development in that?

when floods hit yesterday 40,000 people evacuated! thats ADMINISTRATION!

As far as criticizing only is concerned, you must be a real naive jackass to think modi is going to give away his campaign so early. He'll give his vision, you dont need to worry. And at fergusson college, you'd have to be drunk to not have heard his vision for india.

I read somewhere here that we need a third front and communist government to lead india. I would like to admit such people to a hospital, they can go with digvijay singh to get a 2 for one discount.
Edited by mr.ass - 10 years ago
Bazigar thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
When one criticize sonia , nitish, rahul , prakash etc. till then he is  fine,  but when started to  utter  a single word against modi then blah balh,. Agree  in modi,s praise there is no worth of facts and figure, It is a ram rajya and nothing else.  Forget everything , Considering the vote percentage only 18% BJP voters are living in oh laa laa land of modi rest are in hell , only who support modi are sane rest all are insane , jackass etc. ðŸ˜† . There is hardly any fun in online wrestle , Regarding all those development recently a report  punctured the modi claim ;

NEW DELHI: Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan blew a hole in Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's Gujarat's development claims as he declared the state as 'less developed' and ranked it at 12th position in overall development, CNN IBN reports.

Edited by ramjaane - 10 years ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: pikachu.

In case of Rahul Gandhi, it is! 
But you find Modi worst! 
LOL whom do you like then? 
Manmohan Singh? ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜†

Feku ji is as bad as Rahul Baba

Silencer over them any day

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
It is well known that all 18000 villages in Gujarat get 24*7 electricity. It even has surplus electricity to export to other states. Can you name any state in India which gets 24*7 electricity ? Gujarat villages have internet connectivity. How many villages in other states have internet ?

CBI, now RBI.

A year back, this government fudged the import and export numbers to make the economy look good. It recently brought millions of Indians of poverty by simply declaring that one can survive in India on 32 Rs a day, which is RUBBISH!

So this "rajan report" is to be believed only by the fools of the world.

This is just another politically influenced report. Gujarat has good roads, 100% electrification, better living (as people experience living their compare to other part of country).. Surprised how Maharashtra is developed state.. if we take Mumbai out from Maharashtra, it has noting. .. Vidharba region is drought prone with no water.. farmers are dying ..

Tell Raghuram Rajan to travel by road in any city of Gujarat and then travel by road in Mumbai of so called developed Maharashtra state. Soon he will learn the meaning of development.