In Conclusion : The Highs & The Lows

Posted: 10 years ago
Hi!

As finally curtains fall on the show which we've been tracking for almost ten months now, I am sure none of us would have imagined that we would actually be waiting for the show to end when we first started watching it. This, in a sense, implies that there were certain elements which we really liked & some others which we hated. These are the two categories which I seek to highlight briefly in this topic (my concluding post on IF). I concede I have been quite inactive on this forum for the past several weeks, but I assure the reader that I have been watching the show quite regularly & therefore I may be permitted to attempt this analysis! :-)

THE HIGHS: What Kept Us Hooked

1) The Genre: The PHs/CVs deserve the credit for choosing and believing in the concept. The 'supernatural' was always there on Indian TV but five-days-a-week & 'drama with a supernatural thrill' was a new venture. Most of us, I guess, started watching because of the freshnes in the genre.

2) The Acting: Simran as the "chudail/aatma/Chandralekha" was mesmerising. Mudit as the "playful Punjabi lad/Chudail's innocent victim" was brilliant & Annie as the "chirpy friend/caring wife/possessed human" was adorable.

3) The Script & Screenplay Before The Revamp: The content & narration before the revamp were fascinating & intriguing and were very successful in maintaining the suspense, thrill and anticipation - all this without stretching the plot or adding unnnecessary side tracks.

4) The Background Music: This may sound a bit biased. But, I sincerely felt the guitar tunes, the background themes, etc all beautifully complimented the narration & trajectory of the story!

THE LOWS: What We Totally Disliked

1) The Revamp: Uprooted the well-established characters, storyline & suspense all of a sudden. Took the viewers for granted and in a huge way ruined a majority of the effort that was put in until then. I have to say the show couldnt recover from this fatal revamp.

2) The Repetitive Tale: All was not lost until the CVs decided to recycle the story with new faces and names. Surely, Shivani Surve deserved a far better script for her character. But, presenting the same old tale sounded the death-knell for the show, alienated & frustrated more viewers & finally we began waiting for the show to end.

3) The Shaitan/Patalika/Chandal/Shalaka, etc. : I personally felt that Anamika acting alone in all her ventures to woo Jeet was much more captivating & enthralling than the addition of these poorly conceived characters. Not attaching Anamika to the powers of the Shaitan or Patal/Patalika would have also kept her character grey rather than totally negative. This would have made it easier for the viewer to connect with Anamika's feelings and objectives and would have also made the screenplay much much more interesting & intriguing.

4) The Regularity of Blunders: After the revamp, it became hard to believe that the same people were working on the script & characterisation as earlier. The blatant inconsistencies, the howling blunders & the complete disregard for details sealed the fate of the show.

5) The Really Bad Post Revamp Script: The ills of the revamp could have been cured had there been fresh ideas, strongly written characters, new screenplay & a completely different perspective to the story after the revamp. But instead, the 'marriage-hurry', 'the blood sucking', 'the weakly written black magic tricks', 'the directionless story' - all added up as the last few nails in the coffin of the show!

This then, was my tribute/concluding observation/epilogue to the show which I have been sincerely following over the past several months. I have tried to keep out all my biases & likes & dislikes, but some may still have creeped in! I am not claiming to speak for all of us, but atleast some of us!

Please feel free to comment, criticise & add your own highs/lows to this analysis - one last time. This list is by no means exhaustive. Its just a bird eye's view of the journey of this show. Thank You for reading this & all my previous posts!

Thanks a lot!

Adieu!
Edited by Abhishek_5 - 10 years ago
i can say just one " it was what was promised to viewers and thus many started losing interest". Personally  i never appreciated tagline "sohagan ki taqat" and unnecessarily importance given to Jeet and people around him. I hope second season comes out with fresh story full of supernatural world and dark love story minus crying human babies.  
Originally posted by romaila

i can say just one " it was what was promised to viewers and thus many started losing interest". Personally  i never appreciated tagline "sohagan ki taqat" and unnecessarily importance given to Jeet and people around him. I hope second season comes out with fresh story full of supernatural world and dark love story minus crying human babies.  

Thank You very much, Romaila for viewing and appreciating the post!

I totally agree that the CVs/PHs couldnt deliver later what was initially promised. Ideas such as 'suhagan ki taqat' were only evidence of the bankruptcy of ideas of the CVs. Now, if the PHs have the courage to come up with a second season, I only hope they work out the entire plot before beginning rather than losing control of the story mid-way!

I concur that your point 'the show couldnt deliver what it promised' can be enlisted under 'The Lows' :-)
Edited by Abhishek_5 - 10 years ago
@jenny156, @indianprincess & @medha99 : Thank you very much for viewing & liking my concluding post! Its really heartening! Please feel free to comment too if you prefer!
Originally posted by Abhishek_5

@jenny156, @indianprincess & @medha99 : Thank you very much for viewing & liking my concluding post! Its really heartening! Please feel free to comment too if you prefer!

Abhishek, u've analysed all the points very well mate! 
Agree with all of them...Now all I hav to say is that if season 2 comes up they bring a freshness in the story...Though I hav no much hopes frm the CVs..
Hi Abhishek,
First of all, thanks for writing this post ! and I must say it IS an unbiased view !

You have honestly summed up what most viewers would feel...at least speaking for myself, it includes all I've felt about the show.

I'm sure there would be more to add to the highs and lows, but for me you covered all the points...

For the highs, in addition to what you have mentioned, I would like to add that the scenes between Jeet and Rano were brilliantly written.  Also I enormously enjoyed watching the episodes when Jeet was held captive by Anamika and then escapes...that was indeed interesting for me...

Talking about Season 2, personally speaking, i would love to watch Mudit, Annie & Simran...hope they have a really strong plot, script and screenplay...

And lastly Abhishek, it has been indeed a pleasure reading your posts and interacting with you.  Such mature understanding of the content and unbiased views is very rare.

Thanks a lot...
The zbow had become more of sati zuhaagan than anytbing else... and the way jeet falls for chavvi...us ki jagah incredible hulk bi hota.. jeet would have fallen in love with him for saving his life.
Originally posted by jenny156

Abhishek, u've analysed all the points very well mate! 
Agree with all of them...Now all I hav to say is that if season 2 comes up they bring a freshness in the story...Though I hav no much hopes frm the CVs..

@underline 
Precisely, Jenny! Given the fact that the CVs had completely & terribly run out of ideas half way through the story makes even the most loyal fans of the show wary of a second season!! :-) Though we may remain optimistic about a second season, I completely agree with you that the CVs need to think of a seriously fresh, strong and well-crafted plot before even contemplating part two!

Thank you very much, Jenny for viewing the post and sharing your views!

Thanks for responding!

:-)
Originally posted by dyann28

Hi Abhishek,
First of all, thanks for writing this post ! and I must say it IS an unbiased view !

You have honestly summed up what most viewers would feel...at least speaking for myself, it includes all I've felt about the show.

I'm sure there would be more to add to the highs and lows, but for me you covered all the points...

For the highs, in addition to what you have mentioned, I would like to add that the scenes between Jeet and Rano were brilliantly written.  Also I enormously enjoyed watching the episodes when Jeet was held captive by Anamika and then escapes...that was indeed interesting for me...

Talking about Season 2, personally speaking, i would love to watch Mudit, Annie & Simran...hope they have a really strong plot, script and screenplay...

And lastly Abhishek, it has been indeed a pleasure reading your posts and interacting with you.  Such mature understanding of the content and unbiased views is very rare.

Thanks a lot...

Thank You very much, Dyann!!

Thanks a lot for viewing & appreciating the post!!

I am really glad you liked the post!

I totally agree with the additions you've suggested to the list of 'the highs'.

As far as Season 2 is concerned, we would surely love to see the same cast but I really hope the story next time is a lot more robust & well-thought out & doesnot fizzle out forcing us to only wait for the conclusion! :-)

It's been an equally pleasant experience for me too! My efforts in writing posts/topics become fruitful only when I can have meaningful & graceful discusions with enlightened members like you! Thanks!

And, I agree that 'the screenplay of Jeet-Rano's chemistry' & 'the suspense & thrill of Anamika holding Jeet captive' (before the revamp) deserve addition to the list of 'The Highs'.
Originally posted by carisma2

The zbow had become more of sati zuhaagan than anytbing else... and the way jeet falls for chavvi...us ki jagah incredible hulk bi hota.. jeet would have fallen in love with him for saving his life.

Thank you very much, Carisma for reading & liking the post! 

Thanks too for sharing your views!

I completely agree with you that the way the development of Chhavi's character was handled, resembled mythology & traditional tales rather than a strong & well-written supernatural script! I also agree that because of the poor script, the only emotional connect that Jeet & Chhavi shared was 'saving Jeet's life' & Chhavi playing the meek, dutiful wife. I agree with your sentiment that the CVs should have shown something more to the Jeet-Chhavi relationship than extreme gratitude from Jeet's side. If they had to show Jeet-Chhavi living happily ever after, they should have invested a lot more emotions & attachment between the two - as the story was progressing..& then both of them living together wouldnt have seemed so abrupt an ending. Surely, a relationship requires something more than gratitude!