Ek Boond Ishq - The Week That Was!

Posted: 10 years ago

Ek Boond Ishq - The Week that Was! -

What a thrilling ride!

BBC & Saba Mumtaz promised to deliver something different to us and they did.

LIFE OK - Life mein kuch alag nahi kiya toh kya kiya!

Kalavati - What a character! The self-proclaimed Goddess. Viswajeet excelled in his/her avatar. A woman trapped  in a man's body.  The female persona of a man comes alive at night...

The troupe chant and dance and sway in a meditative manner ...in her sacred self-made secret 'Mandir'...Now was he being worshipped? I believe so...he/she stood at the top and looked down at the exaltation, seated in grandeur and all decked up in ghastly finery like a Goddess...and the rest of them below, chanted and sang  looking up to Kalavati.

Now I tried to analyze this character and her attire. Kalavati is very manly in her physical form. There is no softness nor a hint of feminity in her features ...so she chooses to overdo it...by means of excessive makeup, garish jewellery and those smooth as silk chiffons that adorn her manly waistline and expose her strong arms...those ink-blue painted lips and heavily made-up eyes...it's all out of sheer frustration, hatred and anger about her own self.

She knows she looks ugly and lashes out at anyone who thought otherwise. Kalavati is not  compassionate, and lives in fear of her hidden identity, but a select few of her troupe and some men who probably work under her during the day when he took on his Tauji identity by day. You notice her abusing the men around her. Does she have a hatred for men?

Tara -  A role essayed by a newcomer Chhavi Pandey. She stole the show in the last three episodes. The first episode introduced her as loud, rowdy, impulsive and crass in behaviour at times. What we would otherwise call OTT.

A girl who is fearless when it comes to fighting with the boys from her galli or back- answering  the 'Mahaotarma' at her stall for taunting her crass language...

Absolutely loved the scene when the mud and filth splashed on her when her sister Nandini drove off with Aditya. She abuses them unknowingly begrudging her situation and frustrated at her dilemma. Her stall has just been bulldozed by the authorities.

And then we saw how Tara manages to market herself and convince Thakurji to chose her as his "Bahu" she knew there was something  at stake there...but was ready to become the sacrificial lamb for the sake of her family. Is she adopted? Me thinks so.

Behind the Jungli Toofan facade, is a girl filled with gratitude for her family that showered her with so much love...a scared child-like woman who is afraid of the future...behind all that rowdy exterior lies pain and sadness...

Absolutely loved her "shaadi ka joda" different and classy by TV standards ...the Gulaabi & Gold ensemble was simple yet stunning! Just loved the  gold-trimmed dupatta! A clap for the stylist...

Mrityunjay - The adopted eldest son of a powerful business man who is accused of rape and murder. A crime that is punishable by death.  What little we saw of the angry young  brooding prisoner was impactful. Scenes were well directed, loved the stark lighting and the very cinematic look...

Waiting anxiously for more of Viraf's screen presence and that baritone voice!

One question why has MJ agreed to the marriage if he has resigned to his fate?  His dialogue "humara antim sanskaar ho chuka hai".

Just like others, I too strongly believe that a man or shemale was raped and murdered and this marriage provides evidence of MJ not having reasons to commit this heinous crime. Then how was he accused?  He might have been present at the site of the murder or is taking the blame upon himself.  Doesn't that make MJ just like Tara? Was he too doing this as repayment to his adopted Father/family...

Now who's the real culprit. Is it Aditya or Tauji?

Destiny brings Tara and Mrityunjay together bound by a marriage of convenience.  Will Tara live in fear of her husband or will she come to understand the real man behind those prison walls. A man who has not known the real love of a mother or a family. She will act as the soothing balm, a breath of fresh air to the troubled soul of MJ.

Yes his Father is shown to care for him, but...does Mr. Jairaj Singh have his own personal agenda linked to it?

Nandini, Bunty & Aradhana- Hunar plays the older sister who is show to be shallow and selfish. Living in a make believe world and having dreams of marrying a rich man eventually.  What means is Nandu going to resort to, in order to trap Aditya into marrying her?

The boy playing Bunty is adorable...who runs around calling Tara "Faltu"

Aradhana - The mother who loves all her children equally but may hold a special place for Tara in her heart. Or else she would have agreed to the marriage of MJ with Nandini.  When the Pandit approached her for Nandini's hand in marriage she found the alliance to be fishy and strange cause they did not belong to the same strata of society as Thakurji.

She is aware of  her older child's selfish nature who seems to be taking advantage of Tara's goodness. But is not found to reprimand her.

Thakur Jairaj Singh: - The man willing to do anything to get his adopted son out of this  perilous situation. Soft spoken, dignified and who choses Tara to be his DIL...literally at the nukkad (street corner). When Tara says, "I will fast for his long life" the tilt of his face confirmed...he had made his decision. He found sincerity in her tone, a wild flower... this bold, crazy girl would make the right bride for his troubled son. He also made his objecting family know he wasn't going to change his decision about the "sadak chaap" Bahu.

Aditya - MJ's younger brother. Dishank is known to play such roles.  Aditya, a rich young boy enjoying the pleasures of life...fast cars and pretty girls...

Aditya's Mother - A hot looking stepmother to Mrityunjay. Shown not to like him at all. Eventually relents to her husband's decision of marrying MJ's off to an LS girl!

Absolutely loved the direction, background scores, and most of the intrigue and gripping tale...that has kept me wanting to know What next, How, Who, When, Why?

The show has already got our minds into an overdrive of sawal pe sawal. Team EBI well done!

Ek Boond Ishq - kaun taras raha hai iske liye? Kalavati? Mrityunjay? Tara yaa Nandini?.

hugs

dd

Edited by ddFan2012 - 10 years ago
You have described the characters very well.i think MJ need ek boond ishq more than anyone. Kalavati also need love maybe that's why he is the way he is. Maybe his family did not accept the way he is and tried to hide his situation by forcing him to be normal.
I think the reason Aradhana agreed to Tara-MJ marriage is cos Tara insisted. At first she was against it just like nandini's rishta. But after goons came and attacked their house and Jairaj saving it she seems to soften a little. I am glad she is still suspicious about the reasons Jairaj is giving her. She cares for her daughter and know why Tara is doing this wedding. As for Nandu I hope she knows how Tara saved her frm the same destiny.as of now she thinks Tara is living a life she always wanted.

The cast and crew of EBI is amazingly talented. Saba has done a wonderful job in writing these show and dialogues. As chavvi said before the shows launch her dialogue has become a trademark. Just like they promised they have delivered a out of the box show. Can't wait for more episodes and the mysteries to be revealed. As of now my mind seems to be dancing with ideas to connect the dots. No hope at all. Hats off to the writer for keeping us at the end of our seats.

Oh and I forgot mention about the wardrobe. I like Tara's wardrobe just like typical tomboy. Not just in the way she behaves but also in the dressing dep
Originally posted by Dilsha

You have described the characters very well.i think MJ need ek boond ishq more than anyone. Kalavati also need love maybe that's why he is the way he is. Maybe his family did not accept the way he is and tried to hide his situation by forcing him to be normal.
I think the reason Aradhana agreed to Tara-MJ marriage is cos Tara insisted. At first she was against it just like nandini's rishta. But after goons came and attacked their house and Jairaj saving it she seems to soften a little. I am glad she is still suspicious about the reasons Jairaj is giving her. She cares for her daughter and know why Tara is doing this wedding. As for Nandu I hope she knows how Tara saved her frm the same destiny.as of now she thinks Tara is living a life she always wanted.

The cast and crew of EBI is amazingly talented. Saba has done a wonderful job in writing these show and dialogues. As chavvi said before the shows launch her dialogue has become a trademark. Just like they promised they have delivered a out of the box show. Can't wait for more episodes and the mysteries to be revealed. As of now my mind seems to be dancing with ideas to connect the dots. No hope at all. Hats off to the writer for keeping us at the end of our seats.

Oh and I forgot mention about the wardrobe. I like Tara's wardrobe just like typical tomboy. Not just in the way she behaves but also in the dressing dep

Thanks...Yes Mj does need it the most...this is where the passionate love story will happen.

You are right about Tara's mother and her worrying nature. Nandu is not aware of what tara has gotten herself into. But she wouldnt care much. She might use Tara as her ATM to fulfill her materialistic wants and needs.

Also loved Tara's outfits. Jeans, a Tee and then an oversized shirt.  👍🏼

Phew!!!ho Gaya !!!
First 👏 for the write up
Well done, nothing more to add except it is too interesting , too many questions unanswered , super talented people on board and I can't wait to see how the story unfolds.
Life main daily show ke peeche excited nahi hue to Kya kiya 😉
brilliant post. Every character is described perfectly
Originally posted by sabaSpeaks

Phew!!!ho Gaya !!!
First 👏 for the write up
Well done, nothing more to add except it is too interesting , too many questions unanswered , super talented people on board and I can't wait to see how the story unfolds.
Life main daily show ke peeche excited nahi hue to Kya kiya 😉

Thank you dear.

I love your last dialogue...already HIT hua hai!😆
Originally posted by sarunarshi72

brilliant post. Every character is described perfectly

Thanks dear
Lot of insight into the characters, and on first read it does look well thought out, not just the show but the characters too. I'm going to catch up the first week's episodes and get back to the forum. Thank you for directing me here.
Originally posted by spirit

Lot of insight into the characters, and on first read it does look well thought out, not just the show but the characters too. I'm going to catch up the first week's episodes and get back to the forum. Thank you for directing me here.

You are most welcome...😊
Superb post dear..excellent anaylysis of the same...
Still cv's have nt shown viraf and kalavathi much..and i m ready to wait..

Show seems quite intresting..with all promises...