Debate Mansion

Are women taken for Granted?

funlovinggal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

"ARE WOMEN TAKEN FOR GRANTED?"

In the last 24 hours, there has been 8 rapes happening in the very own Capital city of India Delhi' and 4 in other parts of our country. 12 innocent bodies & souls have suffered something called man-storm. Is it the pride of men showing what they are capable of? People ask us not to call women "The weaker sex of the society". But in the recent times, people have made us believe how correct this is! What happened to the pride of our country about its culture, unity in diversity and all that? How can one be proud of all these when the very own citizens are insecure in their day-to-day life? Starting from buses ,trains, School/College/work, share autos... Why should women get scared because of Alien terrorists when men of her own country act like one towards her? A recent news about a law going to be passed for the dress code of girls in colleges. Is it going to show atleast a bit of positive impact over the current happenings? What is the use of covering a girl's body entirely when the minds and brains of people are unconscious?  Why is all this happening in a country where once upon a time, women were considered equal to God? A father raping his own daughter; a brother raping his own sister! OMG!! Where is our country going? Where is the Law and order? Women's place has become more in Anti-depression centres' than their own homes. A rapist is given a special place in our so called PRISONS. But what's next? He is leading a comfortable and a secluded life there, having full security, nutritious food, criminal friends etc.., Or even, is hanging to death an equivalent punishment? NO! When compared to the life led by the raped victim after her nightmare' , facing her parents, people around showing sympathy, no punishment is cruel. Why do even people don't have a fear towards our law system? Why do they take it so light? Everytime, it is the the women, who should stay supressed in our society? Then don't call this country a FREE one. It is such a shame where, people existing in this world  degrading womens' rights of screaming or hitting a person in case of being manhandled by him. They think, women react in public to seek attention! Even if it is so, what's wrong? Atleast we have a voice given by god, that people can't take a control of! When a girl gets raped, it becomes a sensational news in all TV channels, print media on its cause, consequence etc.., and later? The issue is forgotten. A temporary publication? A publicity for her? Oh yeah.. We leave the current issue because in the succeeding 24 hours, 8 more rapes would have got over. At this rate, after few years, we would have a handful of men respecting women and on the other end, we will have no women left Untouched. Parents of India always feel bad that Children of their family, gone out of India are not willing to settle down here. Why the hell not? How can a couple peacefully have a girl baby with a thought of carrying their princess' to India to be in the hands of Rakshas people? At few moments, I feel, Female infanticide is done so that the girl doesn't need to face this cruel world, when she grows up. Previously, rape cases were common only when a girl enters her 16th or 17th age till a certain age. But nowadays, our men are breaking their own records everyday by raping children from 4 years till a granny of 60 years! Where is the Mercy? They usually say that girls wearing filmy clothes, attending night parties are being attacked at the first place. No! Are girls dressed  up in a formal/traditional PROPER Indian attire left in peace? Whom should be blamed for that? But whats happening is the other way round. Women are only being blamed. My thought is,  They say girls are not supposed to be dressed up in western wears in colleges. My thought is, when Foreigners are made not to wear western outfit and if they r dressed up in Indian wears like saree, would the guys change their notion on females and start going around, raping them? Everything depends only and only about minds! Parents of girls are left with no peace right from the moment the wife delivers their beautiful angel after nearly facing a death. There are so many girls in our country, willing to lead their dream life. It doesn't include being filthy rich, buy cars and all that. They have a dream to have a good work surrounding, a peaceful life with the family.   Is it too big? Parents do not allow their girls to go to an over-crowded place thinking that anything wrong might happen there; she shouldn't go to a silent place as they are not secured;  she isnt allowed to go in 2 wheelers after 7pm thinking anybody can stop the vehicle and misbehave; she is not allowed to use public transportations because of the fear. So, it is not safe anywhere and everywhere. Parents are confused whether to be happy that their princess is growing up or be scared for the very same reason.  Previously, the cases were like - parents get really worried about their princess's post married life. Be it love or arranged. But now, bringing their daughter with her purity till her wedding  itself is a great Victory! People say, children of this generation are not patriotic. How will we be? How can one feel patriotic and possessive about his own country where shame' is breathed in as easy as Air! Government easily says "You(people) form a society". Said easily...! What are men being taught? Ethics? Morals? Values? Oh.. they are big words.. Okay, Humanity? Common sense? When a guy can get so cheap to rape a 5 year old girl, what can the society expect from him? What is the use of his presence? STOP educating women on how to behave, dress-up. Instead, teach every boy / guy as to how to look at girls, women, BABIES in the society with his open eyes and mind! We read everywhere that Singapore has cane-thrash against men even looking wrongly at  women. Here? A period of happy imprisonment with several comforts! And the girls's parents bend their heads and hide themselves to save their family reputation and the girl's already corrupted future. India has several names given because of its beauty, culture, people, practices. Very soon, there is going to be another name - THE RAPE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!    

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
hmm..I appreciate the passion with which you wrote this however please try to be brief. Still I understand.

No we men respect women a lot. They are not a weak sex as physical ability is just one aspect and to me not the most important one. Those men who misuse physical ability to hurt women should perhaps try to do that to other men. They are nothing but cowards.

I do acknowledge that violence is almost always one-sided i.e. men to women. Now one can write an essay on the reasons however let me just state what needs to be done

1) Prevention should be the focus which means better policing
2) If it happens then there should be severe punishment and one needs to be made an example. This is how society works.

There is another debate going on which is discussing education or lack of it as a reason. I need to know statistics like rape incidents in different countries (adjusted for population) to really comment on the reasoning. It could be that we highlight india here because its india forums.
funlovinggal thumbnail
Am really sorry for acknowledging your post after such a long time.. Thank u so much for your kind feedback.. It was indeed really useful :) hoping for Gud support to write more n fight for the right...! 
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
hello funloving girl. my name is Debby and as a girl I completely understand your feelings. I remember how once I got down from the bus before it reached my destination when I realised I was the last passenger in the bus. It itself reflects how much a girl is mentally scared to go outside. I also find it extremely silly when they make dress codes for girls. As for colleges or other institutions I believe there should be specific uniform for both girls and boys so that the debate of 'what should a girl wear' ends once for all.

Its extremely sad that women are not safe in our country but then patriotism is a different thing, isn't it ? Isn't it too harsh to blame overall India and Indians for it? Its not that crimes against women are not happening anywhere else in the world, its just that you dont have enough information about it However, It cannot be said that it justifies the situation in India. I also dont find it a good thing to look upon all the men around me with suspicion. Besides, as we are a part of the society and claiming equal status, we have to make ourselves competent enough to rise ourselves.
For example, eve teasing is a crime but do we take this to higher authorities ? I never did but I have faced such situations in my life. You can say I dont have the guts to do so, and yes I do admit I dont have. so we are also to be blamed . In this regard I believe we should have enough support from our families. While teach a boy to respect women, teach a girl to fight for her rights. Equality should not be on paper, it should be brought into practice.😊

I completely understand your point but still I differ somewhere. If that hurts you, please do forgive me

Edited by dey.bh - 10 years ago
funlovinggal thumbnail
Happy Sunday Debby... :)I agree with your points.. :) I ve never blamed ppl who r patriotic.. but what I mean to say is, no one can stand with a pride about the nation if all good deeds n achievements of the past r gonna b hidden by these kinda happenings! How ll future generation respect our great leaders or the culture.. I lobe your point about making ourselves competant..what am worried about is, women lack courage/ confidence to claim their own rights :( family support plays a major role! Thank u for your valuable comment.. :)
Lavendar thumbnail
Some men will not respect woman and others show it quite a bit. You can not just say all men are taking woman for granted.
funlovinggal thumbnail
Am sorry but never ever I would say that all guys r the same! Few even worship women.. but many r mind-corrupted!!!
Qirat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
We can cry ourselves hoarse over rape, but unless we set examples by castrating the rapists this will happen again and again..
"A recent news about a law going to be passed for the dress code of girls in colleges. Is it going to show at least a bit of positive impact over the current happenings?" 

Years ago this could prevent rape. An old survey did in Singapore once, where they took two twin sisters who are models, one was fully clothed and one was wearing skirt, they were ask to walk down the street where there were hooligans..Which girl do you think the hooligans teased? Obviously the one with the skirt. But nowadays, I don't think wearing a proper dress could change anything. People are becoming more selfish and evil these days..
Edited by .chiquita. - 10 years ago
funlovinggal thumbnail
Very true n very well said.. nothing s wrong with the dresses girls wear.. I happened to come across a picture in which, a girl who s apparently a Muslim, fully covered in a pardah s being teased by few guys .. !! The ultimate notion about women s getting changed.. n the college dress code is never gonna show any impact Cuz we don't know what happens outside college...!