Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: spashta-wakta

I am not a fan of the Prashant Damle school/ style of acting. His acting remains the same in all his plays - just as Nana Patekar's dialogue delivery remains the same across all his movies. 
Bahurupi was hyped a lot but failed to deliver. IMHO, a perfectly ordinary play.

agadich patalay mala. But I thought the story had good drama element. That's it! Baki natak ekunach 'betalela' hota
mishkil88 thumbnail

Gautam Murdeshwar. He acts in Sangeet Natak-s too and finished in the top 5 in the SRGMP 40+ schedule. Since he sings well, the CVs made space in their epi to give him a chance to sing, just as they did to give the character of Samir a chance to do mimicry (even Madhu did an excellent imitation of Shobhana Mavshi in one epi). These are clear signs that the CVs are out of ideas and are using fillers to drag the dead horse to the finish line.

I am watching this last week since I used to like this serial and had high expectations from it. But as most of you pointed out, just a good star cast doesn't guarantee success!

As expected, Mothe Baba is shown to be aware of everything and was just playing games with everybody. The only suspense is whether Om's mom will attend the wedding and whether the real and adopted parents will jointly perform the rituals.

Gauri - om's real mom will definitely attend no doubg. what they will show in remaining 5 epis... haldi & song, dance won't be able to fill the gap. Also isha's parents & other relatives are yet to be made aware of the fact. This serial was never in the league of ELDG which was always interesting. Nearing the end of ELTG in last few days they unnecessarily gave imp to satyajit and made it typical villain type climax.
dlip thumbnail
Originally posted by: mishkil88

... Also isha's parents & other relatives are yet to be made aware of the fact

This serial was never in the league of ELDG which was always interesting....

Ho Na pan serial madhe this can be finished in 5 minutes or can be dragged up to 50 episodes. You know it!

Mi ekda zee marathi war feedback comment dili hoti ki ' Nav (name) 'tisari goshta' dila mhanun kay 'dusyra' goshtichi sar yenar nahi'

In fact, because of name; we all thought it will be as good as ELDG. But it tuned out as flop ðŸ¤¢

Edited by deepa911 - 9 years ago
mishkil88 thumbnail

I am not a fan of the Prashant Damle school/ style of acting. His acting remains the same in all his plays - just as Nana Patekar's dialogue delivery remains the same across all his movies. 
Bahurupi was hyped a lot but failed to deliver. IMHO, a perfectly ordinary play.

Prashant damle has stopped all his plays and now moved to hindi serial on SAB TV ...role of a fire brigade man "Chandrakant Chiplunkar sidi-bambwala"
mishkil88 thumbnail
Last epi of ELTG : om & isha wedding ceremony !
dlip thumbnail
chan photo Mishkil
By the way, Mishkil, SW, what is your opinion where this serial lost it's way and things went wrong?

In my opinion Isha's character portarayl was a problem (I am fan of Spruha joshis' acting so nothing against her). Isha's initial OTT reactions for Om's adopted family, her subsequent arrogant behavior with them, her dadagiri on Om, etc. didn't worked well

What you think?
mishkil88 thumbnail
Originally posted by: deepa911

chan photo Mishkil

By the way, Mishkil, SW, what is your opinion where this serial lost it's way and things went wrong?

In my opinion Isha's character portarayl was a problem (I am fan of Spruha joshis' acting so nothing against her). Isha's initial OTT reactions for Om's adopted family, her subsequent arrogant behavior with them, her dadagiri on Om, etc. didn't worked well

What you think?

I remember umesh-spruha told in an interview in diwali that this was only 4-5 month long serial when it had just started. The point when it went off the track was when Isha decides to lie to her family that this is om's real family. Then it went into repeatition mode. Om-Isha scenes of so called romance were never ending either on phone or face-to-face. They consumed week after week in between. I think channel is to be blamed for deciding to extend 4 months material to 10 months due to so-called popularity.
dlip thumbnail
Originally posted by: mishkil88

I remember umesh-spruha told in an interview in diwali that this was only 4-5 month long serial when it had just started. The point when it went off the track was when Isha decides to lie to her family that this is om's real family. Then it went into repeatition mode. Om-Isha scenes of so called romance were never ending either on phone or face-to-face. They consumed week after week in between. I think channel is to be blamed for deciding to extend 4 months material to 10 months due to so-called popularity.

You are right channel decided to extend it. But can you believe it was because channel was not having new serial ready (and not because of 'popularity!'). It was told to my wife by Tushar Dalwi's wife. Both ladies work together in same branch of Sarasawt bank.
spashta-wakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree 100% with Mishkil. The story had a small 'atma' and this should have been a sweet, fun serial of 4-5 months. When asked to drag it out, the CVs lost their way & never recovered. That's also what happened to HSMHG post-marriage and to JYRG post-consummation of marriage.
I didn't like ELDG all that much, esp the self-absorbed Ghana's character. Until they gave the harsh edges to Om & Isha's characters when the serial dragged, I liked Om much more than Ghana. Isha did come across as pampered & spoilt unlike the mature, reasonable Radha.
dlip thumbnail

I agree 100% with Mishkil. The story had a small 'atma' and this should have been a sweet, fun serial of 4-5 months. When asked to drag it out, the CVs lost their way & never recovered. That's also what happened to HSMHG post-marriage and to JYRG post-consummation of marriage.

I didn't like ELDG all that much, esp the self-absorbed Ghana's character. Until they gave the harsh edges to Om & Isha's characters when the serial dragged, I liked Om much more than Ghana. Isha did come across as pampered & spoilt unlike the mature, reasonable Radha.

Yes. Om was much more complicated character and UK played it well. His scenes particularly when Om looses confidence and stammers while speaking were evident to show his class as an actor.