Buddha

It takes me a lot of time to do my makeup and dress up for Buddha!

chirpy_life19 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Almost a decade after having shot to fame with her show 'Lipstick' on 'Zee TV', Nigaar Khan is back with a meaty role in Zee TV's upcoming show produced by Spice Studios -  'Buddha - The King of Kings'.  Playing the role of 'Mangala' in the show, Nigaar is doing a historical show for the first time ever! Even though Nigaar has quite the penchant to essay negative roles on the small screen, this character will be a lot different from all that she has played earlier. Talking about making a comeback in a big way, Nigaar says, "For the longest time now, I have been meaning to do something quite off the beaten track. My character - Mangala, is of a lady who wants to see her son as the King and hence turns out to be evil for the world. She is motive-led and just in actions that drive her."

The producers of the show - Spice Studios are ensuring that no stone is left unturned in making the journey of Buddha towards enlightenment come alive on the small screen. Apart from constructing the most lavish sets to shooting at locales that create the right look and feel, they are also ensuring that their actors look their part. Nigaar for the first time will be seen donning the role of a mother on screen. And while she has played all her previous roles to perfection, she is ensuring that she does full justice to her first historical role, not just in terms of acting but also in terms of looking her part. Nigaar adds, "For the first time ever, I have taken up a historical show and it takes me quite a lot of time to do my makeup and dress up for the show. To recreate the aura of a bygone era, one needs to get the character's look, body language and demeanor spot on!"

Driven to look perfect, Nigaar opted to have her own special make-up and hair dresser instead of using the one organized by the production house. At most times, she is seen doing her hair and make-up herself since when she thinks that she needs to have that one strand of hair tucked in perfectly to suit her character.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters