Lapataganj Ek Baar Phir

Abbas Khans Biji Pandey plays love guru on TV

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Abbas Khan's Biji Pandey plays love guru on TV

Abbas Khan's Biji Pandey plays love guru on TV
Abbas Khan as Biji Pandey.
Lapataganj's Chukundi is in awe of Biji Pandey's vibrant lifestyle, and constantly tries to imitate his way of life and attitude. He looks up to this desi Romeo, who has managed to woo his long-time love interest Surili. Seeing how Biji flattered Surili and tackled obstacles like Mishri Mausi and Mama to ultimately marry her, inspired Chukundi to try and win Lalaji's daughter, Dolly's heart.

He has tried everything - love letters, gifts, and even Bollywood-inspired dialogues - but his efforts have gone unnoticed. Having failed repeatedly in his endeavour, he realises that only love guru Biji can kick-start his love story. He runs to Biji with his problem, who readily agrees to help Chukundi. The perfect mentor, Biji guides a naive Chukundi on his journey to achieve true love.

About being Chukundi's role model, Abbas Khan, who plays Biji Pandey on the show, said, "My character is known for his epic tale of romance, and I'm more than happy to share the love gyaan with Chukundi. Viewers will enjoy seeing how we discuss wooing Dolly, as I pass on to him all my advice to win her over."

Will Biji's advice on love really help Chukundi get Dolly's attention and make her fall in love with him? Or will this be another hilariously failed attempt by Chukundi at wooing her?

Lapataganj Ek Baar Phir airs Monday-Friday at 10pm on SAB TV.