Wearing Indian Clothing.... - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by shweta2728

Wow that was really good! So I'm not the only person who experienced this (Hear that KavyaSam?)

eh!!!    Did I ever say you are the ONLY person who visits India and experience any discomfort?  If you had also added another all caps footnote that 'only those who agree should post' then I would have never posted in your topic. 

My views remain the same.  Few experiences , few people and few discriminations will not hold the whole country responsible.  Be it America or India. 
Originally posted by kavyasam

eh!!!    Did I ever say you are the ONLY person who visits India and experience any discomfort? If you had also added another all caps footnote that 'only those who agree should post' then I would have never posted in your topic.

My views remain the same. Few experiences , few people and few discriminations will not hold the whole country responsible. Be it America or India.

You mentioned that I think this cuz only some people in a store behaved like that with me. Why are you getting mad? I don't have to change my perspectives just like you don't have to either. Debates are to discuss not to change each other's views. So chill out and relax! And I know...a few rotten apples don't make the whole tree rotten 😉 Have a nice day! 😊
They obviously hate their reality and want to get away from it. Living in a fantasy world and trying to convert India into some western country which in reality would never happen.
Originally posted by punk666

They obviously hate their reality and want to get away from it. Living in a fantasy world and trying to convert India into some western country which in reality would never happen.

If Indians are trying to model to be like a western country, it isn't bad but we should also think about adopting some of their ideas which make them a successful country and society. There is a fine line between development and westernization. India should be a place where all cultures are respected and accepted as well as our own. America is a very diverse country when it comes to race, religion, & culture. 😊

I wasn't talking about foreigners respecting our culture! I'm talking about Indians respecting their own culture and their people. Trust me, there are some foreigners who can respect others and THEIR OWN culture better than Indians but we don't seem to want to copy that, Do we?
who says indians are eclipsing their cultures! Its upto one individual to live her life as she wants! If one aint comfortable in kurtis,indian dresses den she shud realy swap to skirts,jeans or vice versa! I dont think not wearing indian clothes makes u less indian !! The emotions must come from heart not from ur personality!
Shweta, I can say what I know in this area. This is all I take when people make fun of me. Of course, as long as I am in sober dress I can accept myself. Why am I to bother what people think about me? Probably people may make fun of me if I wear Dhoti and go in streets whether in North India or USA. But why am I to bother? When I was in North India, people used to ridicule me with my South Indian customs.
And things like 'Indianization', 'Westernization' 'Modernization' this is all I take.  Whether I am in India, USA or anywhere some rules never change and those rules are enough for me. Whether people like me or mock at me, I needn't care. All that I am to practice is living and let living.  As I love, value, accept and trust myself more and more my World will be better and better. There are people who make fun of others everywhere and for that they take anything under the Sun . But then those people make fun of others have their own inferiority complex.
Dress vs. dress ðŸ˜†

@ maha2us agree

There wasn't anything wrong with my clothes either, it was made of silk.

Majority still wear indian dress, so i think it is less to do with dress.  I dont know about fabrics, still If i am not wrong, i guess hardly anyone wear silk dress. 

Edited by ramjaane - 10 years ago
If they have insulted you, I am sorry on behalf of my Indians dear... Everyone has their own rights on wearing whatever they wish...

You mentioned that I think this cuz only some people in a store behaved like that with me. Why are you getting mad? I don't have to change my perspectives just like you don't have to either. Debates are to discuss not to change each other's views. So chill out and relax! And I know...a few rotten apples don't make the whole tree rotten 😉 Have a nice day! 😊

Shweta ,  I am not mad but was definitely irritated.   I would not mind you asking me to read the post if it was in direct reply to me.  

I did not ask you to change your perspective,  I know what a debate is and was doing one, until I read this post.  I am quite chilled out , relaxed etc, don't worry about me : ). 

you too have a nice day. 
I dont think you needed to give any description of a dress to prove it wasn't bad or embarassing. Its an Indian dress its automatically beautiful and it defines you . Them laughing at you didn't make you smaller or bigger but it definitely made them look like fools. See how we are talking about them here 😆