Outstanding but '24's main challenge is 24:Review

Posted: 10 years ago
Hello guys this a review by me..all of you can post your reviews here...
Marked with excellent pace, realistic setting,brilliant characterisation, 24 is nothing short of the best films that win awards. I can atleast say that it is better than most films of 2013.
The undercurrents between Jay and Nikita, their past, Jay being torn apart between his family and duty make up for the emotional spice and so does a teenagers broken heart who wishes her father pays some attention to the family and it does not happen.
Similarly the characters of Wasim, Gayle(?), Meher, Shaina add up to the thrill spice.
The political backdrop and the conflicting ideologies between Aditya and Nandini Singhania.
The white here isnt perfectly white but blacxk is darker. Adityas secrets from the past also add up to the spice so does the controversial past of Jay and Gayle.
For me 24 is a 5 on 5 because in its premier episode it gave it all-political thriller, crime, action, family drama, social message...What more do you need?

But 24s main challenge is to  keep up this good directorial work of Abhinay Deo in all its 24 episodes.
So lets see if '24' wins the challenge of 24.
Please share your premier episode views here.
agree with u
premiere episode was amazing but it has to maintain this level through out the series
m sure this show is gonna rock
u said it all
nice
They've done their bit in making a good show. So far, a worthy adaptation, and not a pale copy. Let's hope it carries on across the season. They've got a good team on board, so they don't need gimmicks to stay afloat. I also see a kind of Take That at a certain news media celebrity- easy guess, but let them not go overboard till it's a gimmick. We can, of course, trust this team.

I've seen the original series so for me it was a constant comparison today! But I must say makers know how to play and spice up the content. The political power play was vey well underplayed with the emotions of the characters especially Jay who was torn between duty and family. Today's episode was nothing but the creation of crisis that would lead to the climax. Since I've seen the original series I know where exactly its headed, so for me it won't be a very thrilling ride but yes the makers have included a tougher and darker tussle in case of Aditya Singhania. So its going to be wonderful. I only hope and pray this series doesn't go astray. The episode made me wanna go and watch the Kiefer Sutherland again!

Oops...I forgot to add, brilliant review! You said it all!

Edited by Meself - 10 years ago
..wating 4 next epi..."24" is , fresh n new currently on idiot box...l
Originally posted by Meself

I've seen the original series so for me it was a constant comparison today! But I must say makers know how to play and spice up the content. The political power play was vey well underplayed with the emotions of the characters especially Jay who was torn between duty and family. Today's episode was nothing but the creation of crisis that would lead to the climax. Since I've seen the original series I know where exactly its headed, so for me it won't be a very thrilling ride but yes the makers have included a tougher and darker tussle in case of Aditya Singhania. So its going to be wonderful. I only hope and pray this series doesn't go astray. The episode made me wanna go and watch the Kiefer Sutherland again!

Even I have watched a few episodes of 24 on Internet..especially after TOI reported that Anil Ji is gonna make it!!!!
Can you pls tell me what the channel (YT) is, I would prefer to watch it albeit after this 24 otherwise it will spoil the suspense..LOL!
I agree with you

The first episode was awesome just it has to maintain its level through out the whole series

I am sure this show will rock fabulous

Nice post TM :)
Originally posted by Arjun_M

They've done their bit in making a good show. So far, a worthy adaptation, and not a pale copy. Let's hope it carries on across the season. They've got a good team on board, so they don't need gimmicks to stay afloat. I also see a kind of Take That at a certain news media celebrity- easy guess, but let them not go overboard till it's a gimmick. We can, of course, trust this team.
@Bold-You mean the supposed celebrity who is similar to Aditya and the family too? Or is it something else you re talking bout?
I agree  its a worthy adaptation and not a pale copy!!!!
Originally posted by Richa04

agree with u
premiere episode was amazing but it has to maintain this level through out the series
m sure this show is gonna rock
u said it all
nice
Exactly I agree this shows gonna rock and I hope so
BTW  thanks for liking my review!😳
Originally posted by Meself

Loved today's episode. 
Hey a request to you, please do not give out any spoilers.  I know we can easily find out story of original 24. After knowing Anil Kapoor is making Indian version of 24 really really resisted the temptation to read story and episode write ups.  What is the fun of watching a thriller otherwise!
By the way if you liked this you might want to catch up on 2612 which was on LifeOK.  It was brilliant.

Edited by MaddyO - 10 years ago