Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Arjun_M

I too believe Aditya Singhania's character is being handled nicely, by actor and director/writer alike. I'm also impressed with Ajinkya Deo's acting, how he fakes his concern all along in the show, till he kills and subsequently kidnaps.

Hip Hip Hurray is an old favourite of mine, and I have a soft spot for youth dramas- much of V's Buddy Project fans have fond memories. That show also had Suchitra Pillai, as a teacher- she's now acting as Mehek Ahuja here.

Finally finished watching the episode fully. Yeah, Ajinkya's acting was really good. But I had already had a doubt right from the start that he wasn't exactly who he said he was. But the way he killed Jhanvi was truly chilling. I had a feeling he was an agent but not someone who would go to the extent of killing. In this case, could it be him who killed and mutilated the real Abhay Gupta??

Hip Hip Hurray was a big favorite of mine as a teen. Wouldn't miss a single episode. But couldn't watch when they started the college track.
Arjun_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Quite likely. The impostor could have killed and mutilated the real Abhay Gupta- since he so coldly killed Jhanvi.

Did the Tata Safari Storme ad annoy you? I felt it was overdone. In fact, this was the second time a real brand was mentioned. In the dark, all the cars' monograms were either hidden in the dark, blurred (like one Mahindra XUV) or removed (like Yakub's Hyundai Sonata), but the Mercedes has a clear-cut, negative role. First a smooth and fast getaway car, then the hard and well-built door smashes Jhanvi's fingers, then as the boys are trying to get their money from Yakub, or driving away, we see the Mercedes monogram clearly- and it looks ominous.

I was never that big a fan of H3 as a teen, but started watching it a few months ago when I gained some interest in youth dramas. Not seen the college season yet. If only youth dramas were as enriching today.

We also had a spy show then- Time Bomb 9/11- looked and felt very tacky and cheesy, where that show's RAW agent comes up to the Prime Minister and says outright that his life is in danger!
Edited by Arjun_M - 10 years ago
zephyr29 thumbnail
LOL well its apparent since they are the main sponsors of the show they won't lose any opportunity for promoting the brand. Though I'm not much into cars, I admit I haven't been able to see clearly the brand of most of the vehicles shown except for the Merc which seems to be shown quite prominently. Done intentionally? Who knows.
I agree youth dramas are just not the same anymore. Never seen Time Bomb but have heard what a cheesy show it used to be.
Arjun_M thumbnail
Strangely, the only other Safaris in the show have not been highlighted and their monograms, hidden. Even JSR starts off driving a Mahindra XUV.

Mercedes has largely been tight-lipped about it. They did, however, force Danny Boyle to censor their brand in Slumdog Millionaire, because they didn't want their car driving through Dharavi, the slum colony. What's happening here is an outright brand slam.

The show just keeps getting bigger. I feel it deserves a home video release.
zephyr29 thumbnail
Probably they'll have a DVD release by the end of the 1st season.
Arjun_M thumbnail
Missing the show already? Friday round the corner. Is JSR faking it? Did he use a tranquiliser bullet on Nikita? What is Nikita's real plan? What next for WNCC? And whose orders is Yakub following? Let's wait and watch. Hopefully they won't cut the 12AM run.
Soorma_Bhopali thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: DiehardYMfan

@Arjun-Even I am damn sure that this WNCC is a fishy thing...

Adityas character is fab..he is more of a human than any one else in the show...

WNCC News 's Managing Editor and get up is based on Nalini Singh , who presents "Aankho Dekhi " ..Characters seems to be a mix of her apperance and Barkha Dutt's news style"
Soorma_Bhopali thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Arjun_M

What do you think of Ajinkya Deo's acting as 'Abhay' so far? I feel he's done well so far, and should get more screen time on this show.

That Jai-Trisha scene melted quite a few hearts. Nicely done by Anil and Tisca.

Naina-Aditya-Divya = Sonia-Rahul-Priyanka. Vikrant (Divya's drunk, abusive husband) = Robert Vadra. Mehek Ahuja of WNCC = Barkha Dutt of NDTV. KK=Digvijay Singh? Megha-Prithvi = Maneka-Varun? A journalist on an online portal expects this show to be censored by the Government. Already the real Barkha Dutt has mocked this show for being a scene-by-scene copy. Hope the Government doesn't shut the show down.

Hope to see the identities of 'Abhay' and 'Max' revealed.

I need to know the code for "Members Only" for the Body Count and Casualty Ward thread.

KK's apperance resembles Amar Singh but his moves/characteristics are based on Digvijay Singh. Character is an amalgamation of Amar Singh and Digvijay Singh.
Arjun_M thumbnail
Speculation- Rohit/Mehr has emptied both their guns. Yakub may actually be following orders from fake Abhay Gupta.

That sequence where fake Max's assassination attempt does not work was done rather nicely. We've yet to see whom Yakub is following.

More actors are getting better, or their characters are getting deeper, across the series. Trisha's character gets better with each hour, and so does Tej's,
Edited by Arjun_M - 10 years ago