Feel cheated

-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
About the only excitement I got from watching the episode today was the fact that I could finally share the series with my mother - who is not so fluent with English. The story, the cast, the setting, the lighting, camerawork - everything was a total rip-off of the original series. So faithful have they been to the original that they did not even bother to change the time-stamp. Don't believe me check it out fr yourself:

http://www.sidereel.com/posts/125503-review-24-season-1-episode-1-12-00-am-1-00-am-

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaddyO thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Purva-

About the only excitement I got from watching the episode today was the fact that I could finally share the series with my mother - who is not so fluent with English. The story, the cast, the setting, the lighting, camerawork - everything was a total rip-off of the original series. So faithful have they been to the original that they did not even bother to change the time-stamp. Don't believe me check it out fr yourself:

http://www.sidereel.com/posts/125503-review-24-season-1-episode-1-12-00-am-1-00-am-

Anil Kapoor & team have stated clearly they are re-making 24.  They never hid the fact so why should they change anything.  The point is did you like the original 24?  If you did then most viewers would like this 24 too.  The original 24 story can be easy to find out but the fun of watching this would be lost.
-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
There were quite a few things they could've localized for instance - my disappointment stems from lazy scripting - so much hype but zero originality

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
When you want to remake something - its best to change few of the sub plots and keep the main plot as its.  If show makers is not adding anything new to the original, why remake it at all? Its just to dub it to hindi and show the original🤔.

Since I used to watch the original, I am not so happy but for new viewers it would be a good intro epi. The cast has done a great job.

bhavis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Too much Indianized version of the original show and too much drama. Why not come straight to point.

Sanaya-hi-Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I guess the show is original
I have watched only a few episodes of 24 but my friend says a few things have been added
I dont know ...but for the Indian audience its good and thats what matters!!
dixie123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't feel cheated. Although I was surprised that they are using the same subplots, I had initially thought that the essence of the original 24 would be maintained with different story line. I am fine that they are using the same subplots.. The telling is what is going to matter.

There are some differences though. Jack had only one child, his daughter. Here, Jai has two children. I wonder how the son is going to play a role here or he has no role at all..
I don't remember who played Anupam Kher's role in the original role. He is almost dying per the precap.. And the Aditya's sister and her husband, his cousin's role all that are new here..

I am not that impressed with the first episode yet with what the original offered... But, will wait and watch how it turns out.
Edited by dixie123 - 10 years ago
coolmove thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: dixie123

I don't feel cheated. Although I was surprised that they are using the same subplots, I had initially thought that the essence of the original 24 would be maintained with different story line. I am fine that they are using the same subplots.. The telling is what is going to matter.

There are some differences though. Jack had only one child, his daughter. Here, Jai has two children. I wonder how the son is going to play a role here or he has no role at all..
I don't remember who played Anupam Kher's role in the original role. He is almost dying per the precap.. And the Aditya's sister and her husband, his cousin's role all that are new here..

I am not that impressed with the first episode yet with what the original offered... But, will wait and watch how it turns out.

Anupam kher is playing Mason😊 If you remember Mason😊
dixie123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: coolmove

Anupam kher is playing Mason😊 If you remember Mason😊

Oh.. Thanks.. But, Mason doesn't die.. right ? or does he.. I don't remember
Dr.Fear thumbnail
Yes they shud have changed the sub plots , otherwise what difference

will it bring to the show :( ?

Have not watched the original version but it will be great for the new