Request to those who watched original 24

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
I really enjoyed watching the 1st episode of 24.  Already read some comments here giving out spoilers or comparing with the original 24.  Please do not give out spoilers, why spoil the thrill for those who have not watched it. 

Seems like Anil Kapoor has not spared any expense in making this.  For the people who do not like to watch sas bahu shows this is like a breath of fresh air.
After the brilliant 2612 on LifeOK finally something good to watch.

So please consider those who want to watch and enjoy this thriller show. 

Like the rest of you fans of the original series have also been waiting for the show to come to India. However don't you think that it would've been better to direct this at Anil Kapoor and co. 

They have shown zero creativity or originality even going so far as to keep the sub-plots the same - it would not have taken much to change an ex-girlfriend to a friend's widow, or even the strained relationship between husband and wife to be a result of a minor tiff. These are small things but the producers have lacked the will to even go this much.

Yes as the series grows there would be more spoilers - so far I see none here.

Also I see no reason why we should stifle all discussions of the shows weakness - a discussion primarily takes both positive and negative into account. Don't begin the series by protesting against the mildest of criticisms.
Originally posted by -Purva-

Like the rest of you fans of the original series have also been waiting for the show to come to India. However don't you think that it would've been better to direct this at Anil Kapoor and co. 

They have shown zero creativity or originality even going so far as to keep the sub-plots the same - it would not have taken much to change an ex-girlfriend to a friend's widow, or even the strained relationship between husband and wife to be a result of a minor tiff. These are small things but the producers have lacked the will to even go this much.

Yes as the series grows there would be more spoilers - so far I see none here.

Also I see no reason why we should stifle all discussions of the shows weakness - a discussion primarily takes both positive and negative into account. Don't begin the series by protesting against the mildest of criticisms.

I was not protesting against any criticism!  Why mildest, if somebody does not like can say so openly. 
A requst that those who have seen original 24 don't give out spoilers is very reasonable.  
That should not be considered stiffling the discussions!

BTW you are saying zero creativity just kept original while some posts have said they have Indianized it or made changes!

I enjoyed this new  Indian version of 24 too but I just want to say this coz I feel somewhat strongly about this.

Hope this adaptation has learned from the mistakes of the real 24 ( I don't want to say much as this is not the thread for it)๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

But I'd love it if there was a specific thread for spoilers so people don't feel compelled to write that in main forum๐Ÿ˜ณ
This whole "Anil Kapoor copied 24" is actually generating word of mouth publicity for his show!
Originally posted by AngeloScuro

I enjoyed this new  Indian version of 24 too but I just want to say this coz I feel somewhat strongly about this.

Hope this adaptation has learned from the mistakes of the real 24 ( I don't want to say much as this is not the thread for it)๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

But I'd love it if there was a specific thread for spoilers so people don't feel compelled to write that in main forum๐Ÿ˜ณ

What an excellant idea.  I hope they follow your suggestion, so whoever has seen original 24 & want to make comparisons can do so freely. 

For those of us who have not watched can still come here to write comments about episode without worrying about reading spoiler by mistake.

Yes spoilers shud not be given the the show will be more unpredictable

and interesting ๐Ÿ˜‰ and agree with ya
I am eagerly waiting to watch the first episode once the video is available.  I have always wanted a Indian version of 24 after watching Anil Kapoor in last season.  He did a good job.   I am confident hindi version of 24 will be equally popular.  

I have watched all the seasons of Jack Bauer's 24  and I agree with TM,  giving out spoilers might lessen the curiosity and edge for first time viewers. 

The suggestion of having a thread for spoiler is best.