24 Episode 1 Review

mfarhaniqbal33 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
***SPOILER ALERT*****

The Show feels to familiar with first season of 24 where first season took time to develop a character the Indian version is taking a fast pace road. The great thing about the original version is that it was more of a character driven than plot driven. The Indian version is making a plot driven show where many stories are going around simultaneously and too many plot threads left open for exploration. Audience loves the Show Original so it is a kind request to not make it a show about plot but give a chance for characters to be introduced properly. It is very early to say anything at this point but i hope they do not continue on at this pace. So far the girl in the plane had more of an interesting introduction than the characters who have been given more lines. The Indian Jack Bauer needs to calm down and slowly show his true methods. Give time for his character to be fleshed out. Too much is being thrown around in the very first episode. As a fan of 24 I will say the effort by Anil Kapoor is commendable and I hope this show goes on for more seasons. Just don't serialized the show with too many stories in one episode flesh them out give character a chance to be accepted.
Mandira Character is becoming very obvious if you know the first season of original 24
Mandira's current boyfriend looks to be completely useless at this point and the actor portraying is not doing a good job. 
Indian Jack Bauer's character needs to be fleshed out before thrown into chaos.
The Daughter and Friend is going through something familiar in the first season of original 24. 

I think show has started out very good for now but Character needs to be given some time before they are thrown into the actual plot. First Episode should have introduced The prime minister and slowly build up to the revelation at the end regarding his Murder that is way too much for one episode. 

Also the intensity in Jack Bauer (Original) does not match in Anil Kapoor. I am hoping as the show progresses Anil Kapoor will get better. He definitely has the talent for it. The use of the Clock was one of the best thing about the show and the editing of scenes and scene collages needs work. They are not done properly they look way too disoriented. I see great potential in this show if it is done right. Do not lose the key element of the Original show please. Thank you. and Good Luck hoping next episode is a good one. 

For USA AND CANADA VIEWERS the Show will not air there for some reason which is yet to be knows. You will have to rely on other source. 
Edited by mfarhaniqbal33 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

4teen12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
First episode of #24India is exactly the same as original 24. Fantastic selection of characters and good portrayal of characters by all. Anil Kapoor is as cool as Jack Bauer.
In fact, Indian version of 24(season 1) has same story-line as that of original 24 for first 12 episodes and after that the plot changes. I wonder if they will be as intensive as the first episode (which should carry the momentum till 12th episode) in their episodes 13 onward.
mfarhaniqbal33 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Anil Kapoor is good in his own avatar but he doesn't come anywhere near the original Jack Baur (Kiefer Sutherland) is an intense serious. The same intensity needs to be seen from Anil Kapoor but once again this is a first episode hopefully he will learn. Second thing Why repeat! If it wasn't enough replicating a movies they have to replicate the premise of a promising show which could literally lead the Indian television to a whole new level. That was a disappointment.
Arjun_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
There's not much scope for Anil Kapoor doing a Kiefer Sutherland version of Jack Bauer, because censorship in India is way too strict. The original Jack Bauer used methods so wicked (a lot like Batman interrogating the Joker by punching him and throwing him around in The Dark Knight, or the police officer's torture on Jamal in Slumdog- actually, much worse), they wouldn't be allowed on Indian television.

As for Singhania's graduation party incident, I get the feeling it was planted by the channel known as WNCC (NDTV reference, anyone?) to stifle him. This channel may be helping terrorists. Expect subtle political/media commentary on this show.
Edited by Arjun_M - 10 years ago
deepikabanerjee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I have not seen the original 24, but after watching the first episode of Indian 24, my interest has been piqued. I have planned to watch it online. I liked Anil Kapoor in the role of the ATU chief. The whole episode did not have a single boring moment. The concluding scene was quite flabbergasting. Hope that the series progresses well.
Sanaya-hi-Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Overall it was a dhamaakedar beginning and lets not compare as two seasons will be different yet same!!!
orms thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Jack was very wooden face often (my opinion, guys) I prefer Anil. Indians are considered more emotional and Anil Kapoor is doing a fantastic job.