24 - The Culture in the ATU

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

Jai Singh Rathod and Nikita will spend a lot of time staring at computer screens. Tej will keep an eye on them and stare at his own screen. Gill, the RAW ex boss of Jai will think twice before stepping in there again. Jiah is probably going to end up keeping eyes on all these characters. Tej is being made out to look suspicious, but then Niki is well and truly a suspect now. I don't think either of them wants Aditya Singhania dead. 

It's just that the ATU has to treat every piece of information as potentially lethal until somebody there can connect all the dots and decide what's a wild goose chase and what isn't. That somebody is JSR. For me anyway. His assessment of people is all I have to go on. If he decides Niki is dangerous, then I have no choice. But somehow I think Niki was just encrypting and sending info to 'safe' places till JSR can find time to listen. There's supposed to be a mole in the ATU, so no one can trust anyone there. 

Jai made the obvious comment that the plane exploding nearby was no co-incidence. In less than 11 minutes, Pradhan, Jai's man protecting Aditya Singhania knew about the plane. But not much more he can do other than watch all exits and watch Aditya. Neither of which he managed to do. Looks like JSR will have to take over this job as well. Adi has finally jogged his memory about the graduation dinner events and realises that cousin Prithvi has hidden what happened at that dinner after Adi left. Now Adi wants to turn into a detective and go looking for people who can tell him more?  Please. Is this what a PM in waiting has time for? 

Adi's mom Nandini finds all these new threats to Adi a great way to turn it into political advantage. After all, this is a family that lost her husband to terrorism and has paid a price. Adi of course gets annoyed while his sister Divya tells him to just ignore their mother. Like that's going to happen. 

What were those two sisters Mehr and Shaina doing?  Trying to shake down Yaakub for a lot more money? Not very bright. Just goes to show that dressing in black may help you survive  jumping out of exploding planes without a scratch, but won't save you from your own dumbness.

Special mention to Trisha Rathod. Who might be the only person who makes sense at this stage. 

Oh and RIP Wasim...? 

Edited by PadBear - 10 years ago
Now Jiah is a suspect. She may have framed Nikita. I expect plenty of attempts to frame Nikita, from all quarters, be it ATU, terrorists, hostile nations and WNCC News. I also hope they give more screen space to Mehek Shukla- there's a lot you can tell from that.

RIP Wasim. Sad end to an important character.
Originally posted by Arjun_M

Now Jiah is a suspect. She may have framed Nikita. I expect plenty of attempts to frame Nikita, from all quarters, be it ATU, terrorists, hostile nations and WNCC News. I also hope they give more screen space to Mehek Shukla- there's a lot you can tell from that.

RIP Wasim. Sad end to an important character.

why would everyone be after Nikita? Hostile nations as well? Ms Rai must be some huge threat then if all want her out of the way.  There's also some romantic link with Jai ... plenty of signals about that. Not that there's any time to dilly dally in this show.

They're after Nikita for the same reason they've captured Kiran- JSR is the real target. They are trying to break him down from many sides. That Yakub is likely to be behind it all- he's trying to take out Aditya, and feels JSR won't let it happen.
Ya only person standing between Aditya and Yakub (or fake Max's gun) is JSR. Don't know why it always comes down to just one individual to save the day in all these shows. 
Nice EAT Anusha. The episode was gripping. There could be two reasons for Nikita being framed. It could be that her boyfriend wants to create a rift between her and Jai as he knows she is still hasn't got over Jai or alternately Yakub may have deliberately created that confusion to divert Jai's attention. Wish we had politicians like Aditya who are willing to owe up to the crimes they may have committed knowingly or unknowingly. It rarely happens in India. Felt sad that Wasim could not survive the attack. As regards your point as to why it has to be Jai, who will become the sole saviour of everyone...is it not obvious...he is the hero and the producer of the show...😆 who else can be given more importance.😆
Hahah Uma, it's a given. 24 is about one man running around putting out fires. We just have to live with that from day 1 , just hope the Indian version diverges just enough to be different as we go along. Niki's framing will expose the mole in ATU but not till the last few hours maybe. Yakub in his shack is obviously getting his orders from much higher up. 
Great analysis. I haven't watched the 1st season of the original, so have no idea abt the similarities it shares with this one.
I agree on the "PM in waiting turning to detective" part, lolz . I understand he wants the truth and he's very brave but for such an important person to go out in the middle of the night without security is plain dumb.

Trisha seems like a genuinely concerned mother, I even like Jhanvi's father. Their worry for their daughters's safety was quite visible.

Yeah now Jiah and Tej are the suspects , they might have framed

Nikita